• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Dekar289

Smash Hero
he's ours now, if you want to communicate with him please send a request through the victorian smash bros fb group

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I'm free to play evenings any day this week except friday, gimme a text before you head round
Busy Friday? Must be going to the most important tourney this month obviously :dkmelee:
Also plans for new type of singles tourney for the kong off, get hype

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, is it at all possible to do Kong Off on saturday? I'm super free to do it sat but friday night is my 2yr anniversary dinner.

Wait nevermind. Still not certain what's happening. Will PM you Dino

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Yep just confirmed that my thing is Sat night, I'll be there on Friday with my DK controller in hand, fangin' for some bob's house action

also melee

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Ladies, Gentlemens and massive wizards ............ Kong Off 2
Friday 15th of August at 7:30pm, at Bob and Dino's place (pm practically anyone in Qld for the address)
Usual stuff to occur, BBQ, BYOB, and the same prizes for winning doubles and singles with the winners of doubles winning a Donkey Schlong (trust me, you want it)
We were thinking Singles should be:
First round and Winners bracket: DK Only.
Losers Bracket: You can use other characters if you so Josiah.
Grand Final is of course straight DK.

Remember there will be time for friendlies later if you wish to use the lame characters again.

Bring: Setups please!
Last time we only had 3 setups.
We have 4 CRTs already so we probably only need 1 more of those but bring ze cubes and Wii's ya?

Also, we will probably supllys some drinks (not heaps) so bring them as well.
And if you can/want, bring stuff for the BBQ too!

EDIT: Oh one last thing!
Try and keep the noise down a touch after 2am.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
No way! Please make both singles and doubles strictly Kong only. I want results that will determine the QLD DK PR!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
thinking of introducing Gentlemens kong matches in losers bracket if both participants would like it, or another idea was to let the loser of the first match be able to call for all kong second match if they believe they stand a better chance kong vs kong rather than bog standard characters :dkmelee:

so I can forfeit first round and then shiek back to grand finals?

lol
Well Winners and grand final is kong only, So if the bracket goes the way i think it will, you'll Vs puppy in losers final and your current record isn't too crash hot with him right now

JediLink

Smash Ace
I would totally be down for a Falcoff. My Falcon is probably even worse than Jeremy's though. ;)

EDIT: Also, stop your hatin' Rob.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
That one doesn't count, we were raising funds for a scruberino busteroni who won't make it out of pools at SS remember

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Ok 1. The kong offs were simply made to be f*** about tourney: come over, have some BBQ and some beers and have fun, quit hating,
2. We use DK because he is funny and are very easy to pick up even for new kids rather than characters like falcon,
but if people want a falcon off or a Ron off or whoever off, please do, I'll see you there, you'll recognise me as the guy f***ing about (but some might say I do that at every tourney)

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
It's the mother****ing kong off, play regular characters in friendlies! Plenty of games will be played

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
No way! Please make both singles and doubles strictly Kong only. I want results that will determine the QLD DK PR!
Agreed!
Change of plans!

The whole tourny will be DK only.
I appoligize for coming up with such a terrible idea in the first place.
But thats what I do.

If you told Gerard what his record vs me is he'd probably cry and move to Tasmania, land of the free.
Your only as good as the last time you play.
Results from the past don't mean much.

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I'd appreciate it if people were to stop making posts suggesting Zac's days at the top are numbered. One win, while significant to me, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. To me, consistency is more important and it's obvious that Zac has the upper hand in that area over everyone in Queensland. I just want to get better at Melee and take the wins that I can along the way without causing unnecessary drama.

At the same time, I wish Zac would stop pretending like he doesn't care when it's obvious that his Smash ego is very susceptible to bruising. Having such an uncompromising attitude is doing no one any favours, especially when everyone just wants to be homies.

Top Bottom