• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord

Sloth

Smash Ace
What time does Play Warehouse start? I might go - but I'll have to leave around 4/5ish as I have a friends going away to attend.

Also from the button-smash tournament it could of just been the layout but teams didn't have the 'fun feeling' it has had with outer state tournaments that I've attended (a long time ago). I feel that it's because there was no QLD vs NSW for example.
I wonder if anyone else feels the same and if so then any thoughts on how we could make it exciting again?
Establish constant team mates? More Gold-Coast vs Brisbane? Maybe even replace with Crews of some sort (3v3 for example).

But then again, it could just be me who feels that.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
What time does Play Warehouse start? I might go - but I'll have to leave around 4/5ish as I have a friends going away to attend.

Also from the button-smash tournament it could of just been the layout but teams didn't have the 'fun feeling' it has had with outer state tournaments that I've attended (a long time ago). I feel that it's because there was no QLD vs NSW for example.
I wonder if anyone else feels the same and if so then any thoughts on how we could make it exciting again?
Establish constant team mates? More Gold-Coast vs Brisbane? Maybe even replace with Crews of some sort (3v3 for example).

But then again, it could just be me who feels that.
You mean crews?
Been keen for that for years.

I agree with dudes stickin to their teams.
Good rivalries and all.

I hope it finishes around4ish too.

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ Sloth Sloth all the details are in the opening post.

We can definitely be out and done by 4pm if we push the bracket along. We were pretty relaxed with it last time, but as long as people get to the venue on time and play their matches as they come up, we can easily be finished early.

Which would also leave time for crews etc.

Last edited:

Touko~

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit late with this but I only just got back to Melbourne last night, so here's some shoutouts for Buttonsmash 2014!
You'll have to forgive me if I either forgot to mention you or have somehow mixed up your handles (though I don't think I have) as I met so many new people and it's really hard to keep track of all the names.

ALN: gg's, had quite a few games with you and you definitely gave me a good run.
Nonco: for sure, gg's! Our games were definitely a bunch of fun.
G$: Really fun, close games. Major props for your help, I really appreciate it.
Mytus: It was nice meeting you, though we didn't get a game in, you seemed like you would have been pretty tough.
Sloth: You were a big help, thanks a lot for your advice with Melee.
Crash Override: Had some pretty tense games and thanks for knocking me out of the tournament, haha.

Lastly, it was great meeting so many super friendly new people at my first Melee tournament.
I had an absolute blast, so thanks for such a great tournament!

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Damn dude, I had no idea we had some Vic representation at ButtonSmash. Good stuff for making the trip. Glad to see you had a good time. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next time, I don't think we got to meet or play at all.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit late with this but I only just got back to Melbourne last night, so here's some shoutouts for Buttonsmash 2014!
You'll have to forgive me if I either forgot to mention you or have somehow mixed up your handles (though I don't think I have) as I met so many new people and it's really hard to keep track of all the names.

Lastly, it was great meeting so many super friendly new people at my first Melee tournament.
I had an absolute blast, so thanks for such a great tournament!
It was awesome to meet you as well! Hopefully catch up with you at BAM6 if my wallet allows it - if not, definitely consider getting at least a one day pass for PAX and maybe catch up then!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sad I missed all of ButtonSmash. I arrived just after the finals =(

I may be able to make it to Play Warehouse though, see what happens.

Cool to see lots of newer people coming through. More people to lose to =)

CrashOverride

Smash Cadet
Was good to meet everyone and had some great games. Had been far too long since I last played. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Assuming I'm in town, I'll be at Play Warehouse.

I'll need a team-mate, though. Don't all jump on this opportunity at once.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Come over on Saturday night ya doyle.

Will send a text to confirm.
or text me to remind me.

Other new people keen on coming?
Im gonna need more CRTs...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If you come to bobs on saturday bring my melee and memory card < 3
What save files are on it? I honestly didn't even remember having it, but I also don't doubt I have it.

I also have more copies of melee than I do consoles to play them on. Lol. So you'll get 'a' copy.

I can't promise I'll make it but I'll let you know.

Kansho

Smash Cadet
Rob I may be able to get your melee when I go back to Melbourne in about a month. Hopefully one of us still has it I remember we had a second disc in one of our cases for a while but not sure where it is now

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I'll be puttin up some games from last night soon. Also if anyone knows what happened to my extension cord, if you could bring to next meet that'd be great.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman

Return of the CRT Kings!
(and thats not even all them)
Most sucessful kerbside of all time!!!
if anyone might need a crt for melee, give us a shout, we'll be bringing a couple to the matt meet tourney

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
If you have one that's smaller than the one I have or easier to carry I'll gladly take it, or even just so I can leave it in the garage to bring to tourneys. It's hard to carry the one I have now cos my arms are too short.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
... if anyone knows what happened to my extension cord, if you could bring to next meet that'd be great.
I am pretty sure you left it at Jackson's place. I'll ask him to drop it off for me next time he comes round, since I don't think he will be making Play Warehouse.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I am pretty sure you left it at Jackson's place. I'll ask him to drop it off for me next time he comes round, since I don't think he will be making Play Warehouse.
Think I left my powerboard as well, so if he also has that might want to bring it too. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Stream has been organised. See first post for the link. Will be streaming melee only, as we only have the ability to really record the one game. With the release of the new game, priority will go to it instead. Get hype!!!

Gords

Smash Champion
any melee happening tomorrow arvo/evening?

if not please someone make it happen

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just arrived in Queensland. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next landsmash as well. I think I'll be able to. Anyway, anyone want to team with me? Also Matt, we should totally have a bit of cricket at some point (: (:

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't going to tell you because I assumed you'd be working. Just as I went to book the one that arrives at 2:30, it sold out so I had to get the one that arrives at 11:30 which also happened to arrive 40 minutes early. You can stay and enjoy your sreep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom