• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
When Chris and/or Jesmo comes back, he'll be first and Jesmo will be somewhere between 2-4, 9th and 10th place gets booted.

Arrow was in honourable mentions last list, I'll add him to this list.

This list will be updated very soon to 3.0 once we actually have a proper tourney with most of the QLD people in it, probably after Lansmash. We just needed a quick list cause QLD so lazy =D

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
What would a 'proper tourney' entail? If you are implying it to be when most of the people are there, I would expect that to be at SantaSmash. Exam blocks are just around the corner so tournaments for the next 3 weeks or so are likely to have less people in attendance. I won't be at this Lansmash this weekend and the next smashplay is on the same day I have an exam (possibly still be going to the tourney though), but other people, such as Chris, I would think would be inundated with Uni commitments for another few weeks. Thus, making the 3.0 PR list would probably be better doing so after SantaSmash is completed.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Indicates how much interest I have towards it at the moment. You still realised what I meant, which is all that really matters.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Lawl Zac, what a troll, go back to your Serbian **** jazz <3

Yea don't worry Jaice, after Santasmash we'll update the PR, I'll make sure of it this time >_>

J-Birds

Smash Lord
The reason we used 2.5 is because we had to remove both Chris and Jezmo due to inactivity even though we know they would both easily make the list. For this reason assuming they place well at their next tournament the list will be edited.
Eg: Chris attends next tourney and comes first like always, we will throw him up to the 1st place.
In addition to this any minor influences made evident will be edited in the update.

As a general rule the proper updates will aim to take place every 3/4 tournaments or when a significant change is noted.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yes, all tourneys will have an impact on the PR. Unless its like a 4 man tourney or something small like that @_@

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
- I don't rekon kaion should be 4th. Maybe 5th or 6th. I understand that his placings in tournaments warrant 4th but i don't agree that he's top 4 in qld atm, no offense to kaion though, he's a good player and is better than me. Come to think of it though, behind him are kas, oldman and me and none of us really deserve 4th so i guess you guys have looked at tournament results and made the right judgement.

- I guess this jeopardizes my placing but I personally don't think i'm 7th. I've been to one tournament since tempest and placed 5th with diddy so it's hard to put me there. I would need to show consistency to be 7th.

- Imo, hotdog, you are better than 9th. It's hard to say i'm higher than you seeing as the last time we played in a tournament was earlier this year when i was using wario and i lost. It's not recent though so i'll have to play you soon either next tournament or i'll money match you or whatevs.

- I think 6 - 10 should be...

6. OldmanDORF
7. Hotdog
8. Rocko
9. seaDORF
10. Vyse/Scrubs

I'll need to play AD3PT (matt) in a tournament match as well. I've only played friendlies with him so i'm not sure where he stands. I played him using ganondorf at tempest lol. Got *****.

Rocko can be hot and cold but i think at this stage, he's slightly better than me and I think me and vyse are pretty even but last tournament, scrubs beat him and i beat scrubs. I've only versed oldmanDORF recently so to settle the placings better, i'm prepared to money match, hotdog, rocko, vyse and scrubs next tournament if you guys are happy to do that? That's if i don't get to play you in the bracket.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Originally I was pretty happy with how this looked, although now in hindsight I think it needs a major re-shuffle. I think I was just to busy commending Jaice on his efforts.

I know Vyse is good, but that 3rd you talked of earlier was at a tournament where very few people on that list attended including Jaice, James, chris, Sea, Rocko, and myself.

As it stands, I think it would be pretty hard to move Kaion out of his position just going by tournament results. The top 5 are where they should be without a doubt, however the bottom 5 need a decent revision.

The problem I have is judging skills depending on my own perception of peoples ability. I'm honestly still not convinced that I belong outside the top 10. But straight 7th's isn't enough to prove that I suppose. I haven't played atleast 5 of that top 10 in a long time simply because my bracket always seems to pan out with me playing the same people.

How do you think it needs to be reviewed Arrow?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced Chris will have it all that easy either. Yes he a may have the measure with MK atm, but there are alot of people gunning for that spot now.

Jaice got close last time they played, only to have Vyse bump the power out while he had the stock lead lol

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Chris is on another level compared to everyone else in qld but he's not really improving and that's because of his competition. We are slowly beginning to improve and close the gap though. Only when one of us starts consistently beating him will we see an improvement from him.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh, he did seem a little rusty when he played a few friendlies at last smashplay. The last match Jaice and Chris played was over 3 or 4 months ago now, so I still want to see the rematch.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace

Read the criteria for the PR, the panel had to work with the results they had and they did a good job imo. QLD is difficult, our best player has stopped coming to tournaments and the rest of us are at a similar skill level.. J-birds and Jaice have proven they're clearly a cut above, Toki a close 3rd (so modest Toki).. 4-10 is fair game really.. which is why the rankings are based on tournament results, simple as that. We need a few more tournaments with high attendance to truly decide where everyone deserves to be. Scott said the current PR is only temporary, because it needed updating from almost a year ago. Opinions only go so far, results are what you need to be fair and accurate.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
We can only do so much with the data we have, a lot of the time i wanted to change things simply because i think Player A is better than Player B. Then when i look at results and bracket i think that doing that just wouldent be justified. A lot of the results lately have been messy and hard to deal with so a revise is needed for when we have clear results when the majority of people in attendance.

We tried to base the list mostly on straight tournaments results but also on who beat who.
Whilst you have got straights 7ths Matt you havent showed you can consistently beat people in this list (correct me if im wrong but off the top of my head you havent beat any of those players sinse you beat Oldman at the fist Smashplay, which was before he started placing well). So whilst 7th is an adequate placing other factors have held you back.

Our general opinion on some players were weighted quite strongly due to lack of attendance in such but there isnt reall much we can do about that. However the key is consistency so if they fail to perform in the next few tournaments its made clear that an adjustment is to be made.

Feeling lazy right now but i might write proper replys to people and general replys later on.

Sea da bess aye

Remastered

Smash Lord
The problem I have is judging skills depending on my own perception of peoples ability. I'm honestly still not convinced that I belong outside the top 10. But straight 7th's isn't enough to prove that I suppose. I haven't played atleast 5 of that top 10 in a long time simply because my bracket always seems to pan out with me playing the same people.
Sorry I didn't mean to dispute my position, I just meant to say I personally feel I have the potential to be on there, I just haven't performed. Should have worded it differently.

I have beaten Kaion since, but I have only played Oldman, Rocko, J-birds, Toki and Kaion on that list since the first smashplay.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Chris *****.

@Sea:
We placed you 7th even though you've placed well once because Jbirds and I know you have huge potential, seeing as this is the first time you've played diddy at a tourney.

@Toki:
Pretty much the PR right there.

@Ad3pt:
Chris *****. You're barely scraping for the 10th place Matt, but you haven't vs'd most of the other QLD players and most of them can still beat you. We've been around long enough to get an idea of peoples skills levels and potential and see where they stand. and with the help of tourney results decide the right placement.

@Everyone:
There is a reason this is 2.5 guys, this PR was really hard to decide due to the fact that Chris and Jesmo have been in-active and I haven't been to a tournament in ages as well due to uni =(
And most tourneys that have been had recent'y have been missing a couple of key players.

Keep adding you're opinions guys, it really helps us. <3

EDIT: Chris! GTF BACK HERE NAO, no more SC2 for you! >=(

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Could people please stop using the term 'Chris *****' and instead say something like 'Chris *****'. Both Chris and Jesmo were removed because they haven't been to tournaments in ages, therefor their skill levels at the moment are debatable. More than likely when Chris comes back - looking at PAST stats - he may take out the next tournament he attends, but if he never plays ever again, will that mean he wil be the best in QLD forever? This should not be the case.

Myself, James and Toki have improved drastically since the last time we would have versed Chris. By saying Chris *****, people are putting myself, James and Toki back at the skill level that we were at roughly four months ago. Allow Chris and Jesmo to prove themselves again. In the next tournament Chris happens to play in, it shouldn't be a single tournament win - immediate boost to the top, unless if he is (still) clearly better than everyone else.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm sorry Jaice, but Chris *****. Now and always.

Whether or not that means he is better than you or the others on the Power Rankings or in general skill is an entirely seperate matter. Just consider the context we say that in.

If you ever had to leave the scene for an extended period of time, we'd maintain the same about you, lol.

EDIT:

- At least this is true for most of us when we say that. Re-reading, I have to disagree with any serious speculation on Chris' current skill level because there is nothing to measure against atm. So all we can say is "Chris *****" and leave it at ambiguously that.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Chris is the best in QLD just like Ken is the best in the world :p

As for improvement i dont think i have gotten any better in a long time, havent gotten worse just havent been performing as well as i can. I peeked the time i took Chris to 2nd set after that i sorta gave up.
I have only competed 'properly' 2/4 last tournaments, thats only 1 difference to Chris.

Chris will be ranked after his next performance its silly to continue with a PR list that doesnt contain our consistent 2 year best player.

CHRIS *****

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Chris doesn't get bad. Infact no matter how much you improve, he seems to stay relatively at the same skill compared to you, probably because he's good at reading people. So yeah, I'll concur, chris ***** qld brawl.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
nah hes gotten worse imo. but the results are not there to prove it.

inactivty can knock you off the PR.
chris can easily regain his spot by winning next qld tourny he plays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom