• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Queensland Power Rankings

Panelists:

Toki
Kaion
Cal
Vyse

Mission Statement:

Using a set of defined criteria, the goal of the Queensland Power Rankings is to regularly maintain an ordered list of the state’s top 10 players of the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. To be utilised by the opinions of several, informed panelists, the criteria, will be designed to ensure an objective and fair measurement of each player’s perceived skill to properly order them within each power ranking list.

Purpose:

The purpose of the Queensland PR project for the Smash series is to encourage the competitive development of the game and to nurture the desire of lesser players to compete for placement on and within the power rankings. The power rankings will drive all players to consistently attend tournaments and will also serve as a tool for tournament organisers to accurately seed state level smash events.

Criteria:

Recent Tournament Placements:
- Must have competed in a tournament within 3 months of the updated list.
- The more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds in determining placement on the ranking.
- More recent wins or losses hold more weight.
- More tournament results equates to more consistency in placement.
- Tournament Placement only accounts for standard singles events. Doubles/Low Tier events do not count towards the rankings
- Self imposed handicaps should not to be taken into consideration in this or any other criteria. (This includes using low tier characters in a standard singles event)​

Win/Loss History:
- Placement on the PR is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments
- Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.
- The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).
- Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.
- Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards PR considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the PR.​

Exceptions/Panelist Discretion:
- In the event of forfeiting from a tournament, it will be up to the panel to use their discretion in using the limited results supplied. Panelists will take into consideration the circumstances surrounding the forfeit.
- All considerations by the panel should not be heavily dictated by the criteria, the criteria instead serving to guide the panel to the most accurate outcome.​

The PR list:

1nd - Apollo - :zerosuitsamus: +1

2st - Archaze (Matt) - :metaknight: New

3rd - Jesmo - :metaknight: :pit: :falco: No Change

4th - Toki - :random: +2

5th - Cal - :dk2: -1

6th - Blaaaaaaaaade - :kirby2:
New...

7th - Aerodrome - :sheilda: :wolf: +3

8th - BC - :lucario: :lucas: NEW

9th - Arrow - :snake: :metaknight: -4

10th - Smoking Puppy - :marth: :rob: -2

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Idk, J-Birds just reassured me since before SP3 I have 7th/7th/5th/3rd under my belt lol.
=_=

Point is, people are improving. It's so hard to be on the list right now.
I think I'm just lucky,

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Before i get around to writing something about the PR List and the future of it from my point of view i just want to stress to QLD how hard/near impossible it was to decide the positions from 7-10.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, QLD is all over the place atm @_@

Come back Amaterasuuuuuuuuu!

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
holy **** thank you so much for putting ganondorf as one of my mains, that's so pleasing.

Take it in the ring ranga, you love it. Nah, i'll be changing name back. Apparently Poseidon is taken so mmmm

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
sea, didn't seeing ranga's reaction make you want to keep poseidon as your name, for the good of the alliance? Poseidon is in the PR not seaDORF ;)
there's nothing more pleasing than seeing ranga at his most vulnerable hey.
oh and I beat you with ganondorf on the weekend so I earned ganondorf next to my name beeeh

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Main a top tier already Jaice, you're making the rest of us look bad.
Although olimar is on his way there with all the recent American results.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jaice and I refuse to use top tiers. We won't conform lol. I used to main MK and Marth before I found out their positions on the tier.

I don't think Olimar can break into the top tier because he has a bad match-up on almost all of them including MK.

Jaice plays peach against everyone before he goes to Olimar anyway, makes us look even worse.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
does that mean you only started using D3 once he dropped out of the top tier? lol
well a few olimars have been placing highly in American tourneys.. we all know m2k loses to olimar, so I wouldnt be surprised if he makes it into the top tier.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Olimar is hard to beat without proper experience in the matchup, knowledge alone isnt enough
=( (johns)
However thats not to say Jaice isnt mad legit and deserving of his spot.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I wouldn't play D3 if he was still in top tier, however he isn't there because he only has 1 good matchup against the characters above him, and continues to fall because of the ever changing style of the metagame.

I agree with James though. I can beat Jaice's Olimar more than his Peach, only because of the amount of practice I have had against it, and he tends to neglect his Oli practice and only play as Peach. If you don't often play Olimars, you will never win the match unless you main MK, Falco, or Marth and are very good. All of them have beyond a 60:40 advantage, and it's all about getting in close and punishing errors, which are few and far between with Jaice's gameplay.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I don't see how he can though, Marth and Falco brutally **** Olimar in the match-up against him. If any tournament is running a good Marth or Falco main who has played the MU before, Olimar should never win. DEHF at Apex was a good example. Not to mention IC's that have an even greater advantage, and Wario and Snake are 50:50. I don't know Diddy's MU though.

He may get up there for a while, but once everyone learns how to play it, he will drop back to B tier I think.

Funny little piece of info, Peach has fewer poor match-ups than olimar, and much less in the top tier.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Haha Peach receives hardly any mention. I really do think she is better than what the tiers portray.

If Olimar moved further up in the tiers, I would still use him but I think his position at the moment is where he should be. If he became the top character I would not use him, but this will not happen for Brawl. Olimar can hold his own pretty well against MK, but it still is in MK's favour with the match-up.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
What the **** happen to JBirds and who is this Jaice guy rippin **** up?

EDIT: Is...is Scrub fox Jbirds?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, Jbirds quit Brawl to play Melee.

Need Amaterasu to come back =(

Remastered

Smash Lord
Are you trying to say Peach is a better character than Olimar? LOL
No that's not what I'm trying to say :)

I think we should head to next years major Jaice, and see how we go. Hopefully will be better than 11th by then, and bring our broken doubles team to Australia. Will get some recognition for your ability at brawl atleast.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Peach is terrible.

/discussion

Also: there's a Peach main on 60% of the PRs now, except Melbourne and SA... Woo!

Remastered

Smash Lord
The only characters better then Peach, are those that are stronger than her in the air. That is, more range, speed, priority/power. MK, Marth, and Toon Link to name a few.

Good to see Peach rep in Australia. I'm am beginning to realise why there is no Luigi rep :(.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
pretty sure boss quit a while back, but there are some other luigis.

last time I played teds wario with luigi I won lololololol

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I got pretty close to Ted last time I played him too, it's 45:55 (Wario) apparently, very doable.

Back to PR now that I have thrown another thread off topic sorry. Is there anyone who thinks the PR should look different, any future expectations for certain players, what will happen once Chris comes back to play? Constructive reasoning would be good as to why you think what you think.

I am personally looking forward to Jaice vs Chris, although I think Chris might still have it over Jaice with MK once he gets back to practicing.

I also think Arrow has potential to be on the PR if he works hard enough at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom