• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
You're right Matt but like Rob I think you're being a little sensitive about it, especially over a txt. Just thought I'd get to the point is all. I could go on about how rude it was not to get a reply from you and instead stumble across a response across a public forum but whatever. If I was speaking to you in person or over the phone I would have certainly come across about it differently.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Eh, I agree with Matt.
Sarcasm doesn't carry well textually.

Should just man up and apologise, even if you didn't mean it that way (I realise that it was probably meant to be humorous but that's my point).

I'll be in Sunnybank tomorrow inspecting a house. Let me know if anybody's up to anything.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I do Zac.

:)

EDIT: Anyway, I'd like to set down a date for SmashPlay V, but I need to work out the timing of me moving first.

If anybody wants to take up the mantle and run something in the meantime, please do so.

Bond Uni weekly meets are off and going again if anybody is interested in going that far for anything.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ill host a meet on saterday.. 10 am til whenever. any game really.
could go sunday 2. get to hyperdome if u want to be picked up. try to come at same time its a pain to drive around 2 much -,-

heres a hype pic

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
they do, but you can atleast see what they were trying to acheive, making the characters look all serious and realistic and ****. but DK just looks like a big ugly idiot and doesn't resemble any sort of "realistic" look at all lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Epic hype pic. Unfortunate on the deadness. Has Melee come back much there?
melee has come back big in melbourne... biggest scene in aus, bigger than any brawl scene in aus too :estatic: i think melee in qld is about the same as it has been for a while and syd died almost completely. adelaide's got a great melee scene now and brawl is uniformly shrinking all over the country imo

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i don't think the brawl scene is going to die per se, it's just hit a brick wall. not enough outreach to bring in new players. growth is somewhat community driven, so if the drive for it to grow isnt there it simply wont. not like its anyone's fault though -- pulling in players takes a lot of commitment. vic's had new brawl players come in this year, but they're just replacing those that have left.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
SmashPlay V: February 26th.

It's in the room that we had last time.
I have it for 10 hours for $200, so I'm charging $10 venue, $5 singles entry and free doubles (I'll get Gametraders to donate something).

bxjht

Smash Rookie
The Townsville brawl crew (three of us....) will be in Brisbane as of the 14th and fiending to participate in some matches. Anyone who would like to taste fresh blood should organize a little meet. Be my lucky star?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom