• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I will probably do up another LanSmash newsletter to send out soon with this in it. And another nudge for people to go to the next two tournaments.

Now, lets try and get some uni work done.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
His Falco is pretty good and has placed well :p
If he doesn't play in either of the tournaments (for Brawl) coming up, he probably won't turn up on the PR.

Tournament this weekend is looking the goods. Already getting enquiries about it from first-timers.
:)

Remastered

Smash Lord
lol, 7th in 4 tourneys this year including tempest and 9th in the one at the start of the year and still only good enough for a honourable mention...How depressing. I don't main MK, but I like this idea vyse.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Pffft, no Mario play. Needs more.

So very casuals.

I propose a write up of QLD smash history. A collaboration perhaps?
My one condition is that instead of "Syke" or "Zac" we must use "*****"

Is the 5th Helensvale or Brissy?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
His Falco is pretty good and has placed well :p
If he doesn't play in either of the tournaments (for Brawl) coming up, he probably won't turn up on the PR.

Tournament this weekend is looking the goods. Already getting enquiries about it from first-timers.
Shame heaps of us can't actually go to the tournament. You still up for cards this Saturday Antho?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
lol, 7th in 4 tourneys this year including tempest and 9th in the one at the start of the year and still only good enough for a honourable mention...How depressing. I don't main MK, but I like this idea vyse.
Its very bracket dependant, the only time you have outplaced people in the above list was at Tempest. This was due to a number of things.

Dont get your knickers in a knot just yet, this is only really a player outline. Dont feel hard done by because this is in no way the PR. The next 2 tournaments will have a heavy influence on that. So just do your best to perform well in them to secure a position.

Dont take this the wrong way, just wait it out before expressing any disatisfied feelings.

e: yay spelling

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Speaking of PR, do it after Smashplay? Since hardly anyone is coming to Hotcats due to bad timing lawls.

@J-birds: Knot*

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah, I did play pretty bad with you Ryan, sowwie... =/
Too much Jiggs gayness.
Srsly.
Should have just punched Dekar's braces out, would've been more entertaining that way.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Its very bracket dependant, the only time you have outplaced people in the above list was at Tempest. This was due to a number of things.

Dont get your knickers in a knot just yet, this is only really a player outline. Dont feel hard done by because this is in no way the PR. The next 2 tournaments will have a heavy influence on that. So just do your best to perform well in them to secure a position.

Dont take this the wrong way, just wait it out before expressing any disatisfied feelings.

e: yay spelling
Explosion lol, I wasn't worried at all. I have had a chat to vyse anyway, and I like this idea. Gives out of staters and newcomers a good look at whats on offer.

Not going to get into a debate about my position and who I have and have'nt beaten on here, nor do I think you have looked at all the results yet because I have been above atleast 3 people on that list (outside of Tempest) in a tournament because I knocked them out. I'm not stupid and I know the difference between the PR's and what Vyse has posted. Calm down.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
hey matt, didn't you have a whole bunch of mates that played with you? Or was that another matt...

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I have brought a few along each time, but most seem to be more interested in casual meets etc. I have 2 guys who came to tempest and the last one at helensvale. They seem pretty keen on getting in on it a bit more.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Omigods, Toki on random > my Samus atm

*rages*

After some time spent on my knees in front of boss I have 5th September off. :D I won't be able to make Helensvale but I'll bring 2 TVs & 2 Wiis, extension cords etc.

Vyse that writeup was sick, well done :)

I was gonna say it's first post material but it's already there. :p

I've been practicing lolimar too XD

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
I don't think AC2 and a Shakespearean play really can compare. Obviously one was named after the other. :D

I approve of this naming trend.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Available names for the next Helensvale tourney are:

The Taming of the Kas
Romeo and Kas
Antony and Kas
Kas' Midsummer Night's Dream
Much Ado about Kasper
Kasper VI
The Merry Wives of Kas
King Kas
Kasper VIII

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Available names for the next Helensvale tourney are:
Much Ado about Kasper
Yes. I will call Vyse to confirm this.

Consider it done.

"The lols will be heard from here to thy farthest hills. Kings will chuckle and peons will bow, truly an occasion for the most of celebrations"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
GO TO HOTCATS THIS WEEKEND

THERE ARE NEW PEOPLE GOING

MAKE THEM WELCOME AND STUFF

Thank you.

Also, I'm going with SmashPlay 2: Taming of the shrew Kas

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh man, I have to act all nice and stuff now D= How many new people do you think?

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Smash Helensvale - MaaK I
Much ado about Kasper.

Think about it, in 2 more tournies we reach 'MaaK III'

edit: Double Posts only stress how very important this name is.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
GO TO HOTCATS THIS WEEKEND

THERE ARE NEW PEOPLE GOING

MAKE THEM WELCOME AND STUFF

Thank you.

Also, I'm going with SmashPlay 2: Taming of the shrew Kas
No! I demand 'MaaK' sir.

It works so good.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Whoa, I totally didn't see this page, only the previous one (I do 50 posts per page), gg.

Thanks for the little section on me, Antho. <3 It was kyuuute.
Can't make this weekends tourney, SIGHHH!!!!
And I dunno if I can make next weeks.
Lulul, gay.
Oh wait, this next tourney is Sunday?
I can make it, then.
c:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Soigh fine.
SmashPlay II: Much ado about Kasper

Only comment I want to make about the impending PR is that if anybody is going to make it on, it'll be seaDORF or Matt and I'm leaning towards Matt for his consistent top 10 placements.

Again, this expose' is more for the purpose of building a profile for the community aimed at new people to read. I picked Jaice to be on there to present the possibility to newbies that they could very quickly break into the higher echelons if they're good, despite a lack of tourney experience.

This is exciting though. It's what I want to see, that is, multiple people vying for those last spots.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Please everyone go to the tournament this weekend!!!
Scott's going, Kaion's going, Adam's going. I'm trying to get out of father's day bs, but we'll see. Most importantly, new people are turning up!

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
seaDORF and I are coming this weekend, maybe ranga if we can drag him along.
we've got a secret new team combination, we're going to win doubles this time - team name : MKIAGCHITUEP (it's abbreviated)
we're both going to make PR as well.
straight confidence from mentor.
if all else fails we'll go to the pub.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
^^ <3

I'm not completely sure if im stuck to some sort of Fathers Day event but if im no ill be in attendance, that is assuming Chris will be there as well. C=

Zac are you coming if so wil you be running Melee? i want to get bettaaaar. Though im sure someone else could run it if not. I'll put my hand up if no one else.
On that note come Melee people!!!

Nevermind figured out Fathers Day stuff ill be there, yey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom