• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QAC > F-Air Doesn't Work...

Defile

Smash Apprentice
The hitboxes just don't come out. I've been trying to raise this issue for quite a while now. Considering the fact that all of Pikachu's other QAC-aerials still work, I don't see why his f-air shouldn't. Could someone contact a member of the PMDT and let them know about this problem? I've attempted to contact them before on the PM Reddit and Facebook pages, with no success. Some reassurance that this will be fixed for the next patch (whenever it is released) would be comforting.

On a side note, how is it that nobody on the PMDT noticed this problem before 3.5 came out? It seems clear to me that since there isn't an actual Pikachu main on the PMDT, nobody bothered to playtest the changes made to Pikachu.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The hitbox of Fair doesn't come out, but the move autocancels, allowing Pikachu to QAC with only the standard 4 frames of landlag. I agree that it's a symptom of not playtesting Pikachu at all, but it's actually because I think it's overly powerful, especially for its ease.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work because QAC aerials last only 8 frames max, and Fair doesn't come out until frame 10. I want to say some PMDT members should know about this but I've no clue if they've acknowledged if it was a problem or not. Any input on this @Juushichi?

Actually how would this be fixed? I think this came from the QAC landing/timing change (animation change?), so I don't think the aerials could just be made to last longer. In the face of potential unbalance, maybe shorten the starting lag?

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't work because QAC aerials last only 8 frames max, and Fair doesn't come out until frame 10. I want to say some PMDT members should know about this but I've no clue if they've acknowledged if it was a problem or not. Any input on this @Juushichi?

Actually how would this be fixed? I think this came from the QAC landing/timing change (animation change?), so I don't think the aerials could just be made to last longer. In the face of potential unbalance, maybe shorten the starting lag?
Hey about the timings being changed for QAC is it much slower then it was before? Because I tried moving back and forth with QAC but couldn't seem to get it as fast as how some other pikachu mains back in 3.0 , I'm going to search for a YouTube vid at the moment to get an example

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
They could make it so that QAC could only be activated with double jump. Then Fair wouldn't be different from the other aerials…
QA -> instaland-aerial is dumb anyway.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I think the timing was moved up so that it would happen earlier, but I can't really confirm that now.

I wouldn't call QAC aerials dumb, they are very useful to have as crossup pressure or the threat there-of.

Top Bottom