• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pyra/Mythra's Costumes

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
As of now we still don't know what their alts will look like. What costumes are you hoping to sport for them?

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Guessing those swimsuit variations are a given, probably with a a couple of edits to make it more kid friendly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I doubt the swimsuits will show up. Then again maybe there's a reason we don't have the alts yet.
shrug

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Certainly wasn't expecting that, but I'm hype to have Mythra without Rex, even if Pyra had to tag along.

Someone tag me when their separate HQ renders drop.
Technically you can play just as Mythra, since I don't think anything forces you to swtich.

I'll definitely be playing as both.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
maybe colors representing the other driver/blade combos in the game like tora/poppy, nia/the tiger guy, morag/brigad, and zeke/the girl with the green hair, not sure what they would do for the other ones

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Technically you can play just as Mythra, since I don't think anything forces you to swtich.

I'll definitely be playing as both.
When you look at the Pokemon Trainer, you're forced to switch whenever Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard get KO'd, pretty much requiring you to adapt to all 3 Pokemon, regardless of the stamina mechanic's removal.

Hopefully that particular situation won't apply to Pyra and Mythra.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
When you look at the Pokemon Trainer, you're forced to switch whenever Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard get KO'd, pretty much requiring you to adapt to all 3 Pokemon, regardless of the stamina mechanic's removal.

Hopefully that particular situation won't apply to Pyra and Mythra.
Yeah doubt they'll do that but..
It's not a big deal since you have invincibility when you spawn, so you can switch but use that up, but considering how quick it is to switch with pyra and mythra, it'd be fast to get back.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Okay here me out here about the alts

BIG XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SPOILERS
Maybe they are holding off on showing the alts because while 6 of them are normal recolors maybe a swimsuit or cloak here and there, the last 2 costumes are Pneuma and instead of the model switching it's just a stance change.

Non spoiler: Wacky costumes

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
I think it's very likely that the color swap between one another that you get in the DLC will be one, with Pyra getting Mythra's colors while Mythra gets Pyra's.

amageish

Smash Master
I hope we get Pyra's fox hoodie.
I also really want this hoodie. I know there's no good equivalent for Mythra to wear to match, but it's such a cute hoodie...

Otherwise, I find it really weird they're being hidden right now... Even if they include that obvious spoiler, would they hold off on spoiling it now when they'd be spoiling it in a few weeks? Idk...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I bet we'll get a green alt based on you know what, then pallettes based on the other 5 main party members and their main blades (Nia/Dromarch, Tora/Poppy, Vandham/Roc, Zeke/Pandoria and Morag/Brigid), and maybe the last one would be a color swap between pyra/mythra or their swimsuits. or maybe even Lora/Jin but who knows?

I think the other party member alts make the most sense based on Shulk's pallets I think

amageish

Smash Master
So, putting on a conspiracy hat for a moment (and I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere personally), this image on the Smash website bugs me.

As that is two default versions of the same character hanging out side-by-side without a care in the world... something that shouldn't be possible? What would happen if that Mythra turned into Pyra? Or if that Pyra turned into Mythra? What would they look like?

Obviously Sakurai's Twitter often uses debug modes and behind-the-scenes stuff to take impossible photos, but that feels stranger (and morally greyer) to do on the Smash Bros website, where you are directly showing a product the way it is intended to be sold...

So, I'm wondering if maybe you can set Mythra and Pyra's alt colours independently from one another. So, this pictured Pyra and Mythra are the defaults, but when they transform they'd become alt costumes. It'd be a unique feature to them, but it also would be kind of hard to work dialogue about it into a cinematic trailer. I can't imagine Rex going "Wow! You two have so many fancy colour variations!" and Pyra or Mythra responding with "Yes, we set them independently" could ever sound natural...

So, that could explain why they haven't shown them yet? Maybe?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, putting on a conspiracy hat for a moment (and I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere personally), this image on the Smash website bugs me.

As that is two default versions of the same character hanging out side-by-side without a care in the world... something that shouldn't be possible? What would happen if that Mythra turned into Pyra? Or if that Pyra turned into Mythra? What would they look like?

Obviously Sakurai's Twitter often uses debug modes and behind-the-scenes stuff to take impossible photos, but that feels stranger (and morally greyer) to do on the Smash Bros website, where you are directly showing a product the way it is intended to be sold...

So, I'm wondering if maybe you can set Mythra and Pyra's alt colours independently from one another. So, this pictured Pyra and Mythra are the defaults, but when they transform they'd become alt costumes. It'd be a unique feature to them, but it also would be kind of hard to work dialogue about it into a cinematic trailer. I can't imagine Rex going "Wow! You two have so many fancy colour variations!" and Pyra or Mythra responding with "Yes, we set them independently" could ever sound natural...

So, that could explain why they haven't shown them yet? Maybe?
That'd be intriguing, but I think it'd be hard to do. Looking at PT, all the pokemon's colors change with the pick, so it'd be odd if somehow they can. I wouldn't be opposed to it though.

Good catch tho. Guessing only possible in debug mode.

amageish

Smash Master
That'd be intriguing, but I think it'd be hard to do. Looking at PT, all the pokemon's colors change with the pick, so it'd be odd if somehow they can. I wouldn't be opposed to it though.

Good catch tho. Guessing only possible in debug mode.
It'd be unprecedented and kind of unnecessary to do, but that describes a decent amount of DLC features we've gotten thus far? Plus, Pokemon trainer has have four unique character alts to juggle while Pyra and Mythra are "only" two... It'd definitely take some hard programming work, but plenty of things looked really hard to do already.

Though, yeah... I'm also probably just reading into a debug mode screenshot too much. 😅

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'd be unprecedented and kind of unnecessary to do, but that describes a decent amount of DLC features we've gotten thus far? Plus, Pokemon trainer has have four unique character alts to juggle while Pyra and Mythra are "only" two... It'd definitely take some hard programming work, but plenty of things looked really hard to do already.

Though, yeah... I'm also probably just reading into a debug mode screenshot too much. 😅
I mean that would be a cool feature!
But thinking in terms of effort, the debug mode is simpler for explaining it XD

Then again... maybe it explains why they can't show us the alts yet. Maybe it'll take some extra programming on the site to change each one independently.. or maybe they're waiting for the presentation to do it.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I feel like their alt would be pretty generic like Shulk where they just references the party and one swimsuit alt or maybe they will instead have their recolor based other rare blade and thou who shall not be named. I'm taking the blade route and my guess are:

PyraMythra
  1. Pandoria
  2. Dromarch
  3. Haze
  1. Brighid
  2. Poppi QTπ
  3. Jin

Granted it's only 3 because I'm not really a Xeno expert

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Ok, hear me out. What if she had Poppi QTπ as an alt skin, like Alph.
That would be awesome and I definitely want that! However, they would have shown that in the trailer & I believe Poppi QTpi is taller than Mythra & making her use Mythra's sword would breach the game's canon - which I doubt Sakurai would do.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I doubt we'll get swimsuits. Even if it is a double standard, I doubt they'll do it...even if they may have covered more skin than their defaults.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Reverse colors are probably a given. Then some referencing various other major characters, meaning the other party members and/or blades and maybe some villains. Probably a coffee and milk skin. If we're lucky, we'll get disguised Pyra (what they'd do with Mythra, I'm not sure. Just have her own version of the disguise maybe?) and swimsuits. Swimsuits are probably unlikely though, at least unmodified. Not exactly fair considering we have shirtless Shulk and Sephiroth, but what can you do.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It does feel kinda weird we haven't gotten colors immediately. Could just be the optimist in me but maybe we'll get a cool costume or two. Cat hoodie would be incredible. I'm not banking on the swimsuits despite them actually being tame for swimsuits. A reverse colors alt is a given, and a coffee with milk color scheme seems likely too.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The safest bet will be that they will get at least some of their alt looks that are unlocked via the land of challenge dlc from xc2. This includes a color swap among other things and the swimsuits. Truthfully, I'm not sold on the swimsuits actually happening, but the only other ones are the color swaps and a green haired possible "true form" reference for Pyra and a purple haired Mythra with costume colors that might reference Malos. There's also the cat hoodie for Pyra which I feel is basically required and would loooove a version for Mythra too. That would be hilarious. Assuming they do get their swimsuits as alts and Mythra gets a matching cat hoodie in addition to the rest of the land of challenge looks.. this accounts for half their colors.

As for the rest, seems likely they'll do what they did for Shulk and reference the colors of the other main characters in the game in Pyra and Mythra's colors.

I also like the idea of the "true form" model change suggestion someone had here already, tho I have doubts they'll do it.

Makes me wonder tho.. will color changes for them mean the Rex that shows up in the taunt and FS also have alt colors? If there's a "true form" model change form of Pyra and Mythra hidden from us for now, will Rex get a model change too with that?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
It's possible they'll do the color combos of the drivers and blades of the main party. It's the safest bet at least alongside a color pallette swap between the two like the unlockable costumes in XB2. If they do ACTUAL costumes, I wouldn't be surprised if Pyra has her disguise as a costume and Mythra has the "spoiler" as her version since she doesn't exactly have a "costume" besides the swimsuit and the one she already wears for Smash. I would love a Poppi QtPi as an actual costume but that's basically an impossibility due to the nature of Pyra/Mythra being two characters in one...and that form of Poppi arguably being more risque than both of the main duos original costumes. considering it's practically just a leotard, and Sakurai is terrified of showing even a little bit of the upper thigh. FCorrin and Pyra herself being the main examples.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but I’d love it if they had a Black and Grey alt based on Jin/Malos.

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, Pyra for drivers? The Poppi look is good on Mythra. Though some seem to be trying to push it as a reference to another series.

Shame Rex's crystal probably won't change to match. But, yeah, it is a bit odd they don't have previews.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I saw one person theorizing this referenced Weltall from Xenogears, but Poppi definitely seems more likely. I wonder what Pyra will look like with this? Same color scheme? Tora? One of Poppi's other forms? Oh, the anticipation is killing me...

Arthur97

Smash Master
I really hope it's not a Xenogears reference. Got enough people acting like they're the same series as it is.

link2702

Smash Champion
I saw one person theorizing this referenced Weltall from Xenogears, but Poppi definitely seems more likely. I wonder what Pyra will look like with this? Same color scheme? Tora? One of Poppi's other forms? Oh, the anticipation is killing me...
I'm thinking Brighid for pyra's alt. Somehow I feel like they'd try to get her blade represented with one of pyra's alts, and it makes sense given they're both fire blades. Though they might also make it Tora.

I suspect all of their alts will reference each driver and major blade, so expect a pandoria and Zeke one as well.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, as reluctant as I am to believe it, do the colors really match Poppi?
Black and red with purplish hair? Checks out for QTπ. Her hair looks to be a darker shade, but that's the only real difference I see.

I'm thinking Brighid for pyra's alt. Somehow I feel like they'd try to get her blade represented with one of pyra's alts, and it makes sense given they're both fire blades. Though they might also make it Tora.
A Brighid theme is probably a lock, but I meant what her alt will be with this Mythra alt specifically. Driver/blade pairs would make sense, though I'm not sure how they could make a Tora alt look good honestly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom