• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Im in class on my last break before deadline.

The ThirdKoopa wagon is making me uncomfortable now I think Im having buyers remorse because the people I like more are on Seph and I feel like Seph and Moydow's presence on the Koopa wagon, in particular, are suspicious.
Soup left it but his vote was okay and substantiated. Nabe is interacting and arguing a lot with Koopa but his vote doesn't feel as explained as much as him just arguing with Koopa about how he shouldnt be okay with his lynch and do a better job of fighting it.

Meanwhile I do feel that Vult's case and methodology in accruing Seph votes was genuine and substantiated. If Seph is scum I think Moydow is a very likely partner, and I, unlike soup, do not think Moydow is scum with Koopa.
You have 13 minutes. Do you still feel as strongly as you did about Seph before? If you feel my wagon is that manufactured, vote Seph with me.

They...don't have cases? I'm not sure if your idea of what is/isn't a case is correct

Ok, sure. I was kinda holding this one and I dunno if I'll get the swing I want but with Moydow's play I think it can be summarized as shadowplay. When I read Moydow's posts, I don't feel like he makes them under the interest of generating discussion rather they're made because it would make him look more townie. He shadows a lot of behavior that is similar to town but lacks the intent. It's like earlier when everyone was making read-lists Moydow comes in and makes a readslist merely a couple of posts after because perhaps he believes that's what a townie does, but I don't think he has been trying to make conclusions to even have a post like that honestly. When it comes to people questioning him, he's cordial, but it all feels insincere. It's like when he is engaged about his Nabe read he has a prepared speech about why he changed his mind instead of a proper conversation that develops over time.
They do have cases against Seph; all of them, actually. What I mean is reasoning to vote Seph, and well founded reasoning at that.

Agreed on Moydow. Now that's a case. Unfortunately, a bit too late, but, I'd be game.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
The ThirdKoopa wagon is making me uncomfortable now I think Im having buyers remorse because the people I like more are on Seph and I feel like Seph and Moydow's presence on the Koopa wagon, in particular, are suspicious.
I kind of feel this way about having Shish on my wagon lol. You having Moydow on your wagon is not a good look though.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
They...don't have cases? I'm not sure if your idea of what is/isn't a case is correct

Ok, sure. I was kinda holding this one and I dunno if I'll get the swing I want but with Moydow's play I think it can be summarized as shadowplay. When I read Moydow's posts, I don't feel like he makes them under the interest of generating discussion rather they're made because it would make him look more townie. He shadows a lot of behavior that is similar to town but lacks the intent. It's like earlier when everyone was making read-lists Moydow comes in and makes a readslist merely a couple of posts after because perhaps he believes that's what a townie does, but I don't think he has been trying to make conclusions to even have a post like that honestly. When it comes to people questioning him, he's cordial, but it all feels insincere. It's like when he is engaged about his Nabe read he has a prepared speech about why he changed his mind instead of a proper conversation that develops over time.
This is a good ass post

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This is a good *** post
Moy can come off as that at first, but I felt their posts were genuine and in character. I'm not worried about them.

Reading up on the Koops vs Seph, not sure where I'm swinging or if I should

#HBC | ѕoup

Join my wagon if you have a fat **** and dodge the censor *** U BARDULL

#HBC | ѕoup

Moy can come off as that at first, but I felt their posts were genuine and in character. I'm not worried about them.

Reading up on the Koops vs Seph, not sure where I'm swinging or if I should
Oooo

Talk more about the first point actually, examples too if u have them

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm interested in an interaction between Steph if scum and another player, so that lynch is not the literal worst thing.

But if you really want some steam, try putting the really good points into a single paragraph for maximum consumption in this, our 22nd century.
Sephiroth's play does not scream Pro-Town in any fashion to me. He puts on, what I would like to call "Shadow suspicion" so he can set up a bunch of noose targets. As soon as Vult (who's case was centered around not pushing Poisoner hard enough), Z25 (who's case was the same and pointing out how aggressive he was and willing to throw the shovel over to Z25 before Z25 had a chance to speak), and Shish (who pointed out some of his other posts from Day 0 and was reaction fishing) put up cases, he proceeded to dismiss them immediately shutting down discussion and looking for the lowest hanging fruit. As soon as he doesn't see Z25 as a viable option anymore, who he double backed on pretty fast, and the discussion between them does not read TvT (Why would Town be that aggressive to fellow Town?), he was immediately okay with a Vult, Shish, and I lynch.

In brief, I've said it before, but it's a lot of "Seph sets up nooses on people but isn't committed to it". He tries to get a lot of people to look scummy and nothing else.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oooo

Talk more about the first point actually, examples too if u have them
Mayo Mafia they almost got lynched D1 because they were a town that was distancing from everything. They had neutral stances on a lot of things but jovial interactions with a scum who had flipped, which painted them in a corner the next Day. I could tell that their plays were townie because they still offered theories and proposed connections between players. Moy doesn't really overextend themself as any alignment, and I think their play so far here fits that.

I'd post examples and quotes but I'm still trying to make up my mind on Koops vs Seph since I've never seen Seph and I've only seen Koops as scum RIP :(

#HBC | ѕoup

No dodge pls
*** u bardull

Mod edit: removing censor dogderino :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sephiroth's play does not scream Pro-Town in any fashion to me. He puts on, what I would like to call "Shadow suspicion" so he can set up a bunch of noose targets. As soon as Vult (who's case was centered around not pushing Poisoner hard enough), Z25 (who's case was the same and pointing out how aggressive he was and willing to throw the shovel over to Z25 before Z25 had a chance to speak), and Shish (who pointed out some of his other posts from Day 0 and was reaction fishing) put up cases, he proceeded to dismiss them immediately shutting down discussion and looking for the lowest hanging fruit. As soon as he doesn't see Z25 as a viable option anymore, who he double backed on pretty fast, and the discussion between them does not read TvT (Why would Town be that aggressive to fellow Town?), he was immediately okay with a Vult, Shish, and I lynch.

In brief, I've said it before, but it's a lot of "Seph sets up nooses on people but isn't committed to it". He tries to get a lot of people to look scummy and nothing else.
I'll take this

I was townreading Seph but your play here is vastly different from Phantom IMO and I'm willing to take the plunge, even if I'm not fully caught up on the thread

vote Seph

#HBC | ѕoup

Mayo Mafia they almost got lynched D1 because they were a town that was distancing from everything. They had neutral stances on a lot of things but jovial interactions with a scum who had flipped, which painted them in a corner the next Day. I could tell that their plays were townie because they still offered theories and proposed connections between players. Moy doesn't really overextend themself as any alignment, and I think their play so far here fits that.

I'd post examples and quotes but I'm still trying to make up my mind on Koops vs Seph since I've never seen Seph and I've only seen Koops as scum RIP :(
Have you ever seen Moy as scum though? Just curious

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
what I noticed about Seph in my reading of the thread was his read list, he placed Third as scum but by that point I don't think Third had really posted up to him as he has now, Third has really written up posts and posts against Seph but at the time of that list from Seph I don't think he had

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Sephiroth: Vult, Z25, Shish, Thirdkoopa, pokechu (5)
Thirdkoopa: Kantrip, Moydow, Seph, , nabe (4)
Moydow: Soup (1)
Nabe: Fand (1)
Z25: Maven (1)

With five votes, Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune , Mafia Goon, has been lynched! It is now night one. Night one ends at 6 PM Central, 24 hours after this post.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Don't forget to include me on any and all night communication! With one player other than you and me as well!

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm too late to vote

for the record, put me down on lynching Thirdkoopa. I just got off work and haven't had time to do more than lightly skim this day. I was hoping to get a re-read in before voting, but it's too late for that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Have you ever seen Moy as scum though? Just curious
I saw her as scum in Mutton Mafia, she played relatively the same, but she used that being her first game to her advantage. She was really inactive, only posting once she was tagged. She still proposed many theories and connections, and metagamed. I fell for her guise because the whole town wanted me dead while her and her scummate didn't LOL the irony.

Her posts I find really strong, regardless of their alignment, because of how she supports them. She doesn't make flimsy observations, she usually is meticulous with her posts, I feel. She doesn't strive to be the most active player as town but I find that she's the one to provide ideas that no one else has thought of; she did this as town and scum. I'm fine with her now since her read list I feel was her way of contributing toDay as they're busy IRL I think, they prefer to join games with 48 hour phases instead of the NZone's usual 24. I'll reread her posts since this Day went by like a flash to me but compared to others I'm okay with Moy.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Hello! Friendly Game Mod GLG here. There were a few questions that were asked by players in pms last night, I don't want to have some people know some information and not everyone so here everyone goes.

Roles were randomized in the beginning. Due to the complications of randomizing two people, mafia power roles were randomized as "power role 1" and power role 2. Power role 1 mafia received the role that obtained the most votes, and power role 2 had the second most.
In the event that there is a jail keeper, if the jail keeper targets the role blocker and the role blocker targets the jail keeper, the role blocker is unblocked. Which means the role blocker could perform the night kill that night.
Mafia members can nkill and use their role.
In the event that there is a tracker, and the tracker targets a mafia member that performs a night action and the night kill, the tracker will receive two results.
Information roles receive their with the name of the player associated with the information that they receive.
In the event that there is a bus driver, the bus driver is allowed to target themselves.
If I do not receive a night action from someone, that is considered a no action.

I'm feeling a little under the weather and work was unexpectedly stressful today so I may not check into the thread tonight after I post the flip due to wanting to catch up on my shows/sleep. I will get to this thread early tomorrow morning, but it might be later than my vote counts have been.

#HBC | ѕoup

Maven and Seph's interaction and way they talk about one another is interesting. Seph isn't a complete newbie who wouldn't take the chance to create dialogue with his mate in-thread but what gives me pause in thinking it's a partner interaction is the fact Maven came in and advocated for Thirdkoopa (you) at the end of the day being unable to vote, which IMO is just stupid but made sense with the way he was playing things. Is this a surefire tell of them being partners? Not really, but I feel like Maven is smart enough to know changing his mind on Seph like that wouldn't make sense. I also found Seph pinging Vult a curious case and have been feeling like they aren't partners, so basically small conclusion there on top of feeling like Pokechu was really townie in the way he observed early-game and the way he hammered at EoD. He could end up being right about Maven but I don't feel he's someone who gets into the knitty-gritty more he's about gut and base perception (not a bad thing).

Other thoughts? If we're to talk about Seph's behavior towards certain players, I feel he is more preachy to those he's trying to appeal and more direct with partners who he knows he doesn't really need to impress. His #374 in example when he quotes Shishoe he is more inclined to extrapolate the fact he is experienced by dropping knowledge about meta, even if he eventually says 'but I dunno if that's accurate.' I just find it really uncanny I guess. There's also Z2S in this mix where Seph takes the less noble approach unlike he did with Maven and tries to make Z2S look foolish. I don't really feel like Seph is setting up busses at this rate and definitely not on newbies if Z2S is his partner so..really confused about the way he treated Z2S in his #386 as well. I dunno, he just..has a different tone to certain players, and moreover his #393 where he lists Shishoe and Z2S as both scum would be honestly ridiculous; I usually find scum try to create fail-safe townreads on their partners honestly and I can see Maven sorta fitting that bill.
Yeah I don't feel like Z2S' appeal to Seph like that in his #404 response is partner-esque. Seems far too direct, less planned. Also feeling decent about Shishoe for that matter so sorta leaning on some spew from Seph there. Z2S' claim on Vanilla is pretty ****ing ballsy as well and then Seph retracts his thought on Z2S cause of his claim lol
Some thoughts I had during the night

Vote: Maven

Kantrip

Kantplay
Man scum really went with the safe play of shooting the inactive and got rewarded for it, huh?

Fandangox Fandangox you still lookin at Nabe?
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe wheres your head at after we nearly pushed a mislynch through?

Vote: Moydow

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
J, Town Jailer, was killed during the night! Day 2 begins! Deadline is 6 PM CT 10/19/18!
Well ****. That's a little rough.
Some thoughts I had during the night

Interesting points. Some things I was bringing up at night to others was:

1) Maven seemed to ignore seph's behavior claiming, he wasn't being scummy but more of a **** and that they are two different things. Yet as we all know, seph was scum and being scummy.

2)Maven said right after the vote to get rid of seph that he would still like a vote for third. Considering third played a huge part in taking apart seph after I made the ballsy and right move to stop seph in his track; Maven had no reason to think 3rd was still guilty.

But I'm fair and open for discussions. I won't vote yet.

D

Deleted member

Why the hell would Mafia shoot an inactive?
Also, why are our PRs always the inactive ones? remember when God Robert's Cousin was the damn vig and he was barely active? And then he got lynched for it? Good times

Anyways, seems me and the others I talked to aren't the only ones who are suspicious of Maven

He's our safest option at the moment and I don't think many will disagree on this. I'll leave the reasoning to you guys, I'm kinda tired at the moment.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm still flubbergasted over this death, but, it's not worth the wine to discuss.

Alright, boys, let's get started. Maven? Here are his isolated posts - Let me know if the link works. The big posts I found of interest:

#64 - where the role stuff starts
#75 - he started going on about how the poisoner was a big threat
#116 - Z25 pressuring begins here
#151 - Him mentioning the noose when Nabe was pointing out as a curiousity is concerning; the noose, in his case, is clearly directed towards Z25 when Nabe clarified that he himself had no suspicion over Z25
#228 - Maven's Reads List
#337 - Seph and him talking
#367 - Out of nowhere he'd rather lynch me over Sephy
#401 - suddenly sephiroth hard town read. His list wasn't that long ago.
#417 - A pro-town move I guess?
#446 - he dropped the Seph scum read because of Seph dropping his Z25 scum read
#585 - lol the end of the day

My personal thoughts: I thought his contribution to Day 0 was useful, but now, with Seph's flip and what we know, I'm not sure I feel it was that useful; at least, I don't feel it was more useful than my contribution. Day 1 is more wine-infected than anything. He flip-flopped on both Seph and Nabe.

I sent him a PM and gave him more than enough to look at the cases all of us on the Seph wagon made. I'm gonna give him and Moydow a chance to respond before I cast my vote.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am interested in this Maven pressure and not opposed to it.

Want to see reasoning from people who join in though, and def interested in Maven's response.

Top Bottom