• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Pick_Your_Poison

+ General Rules
- Please confirm in role PM that you have read and understand your role.
- After role pms are sent out, the Mafia team will decide which three power roles the town receives.
- Following the mafia choosing the roles but before town member receives notification of what their role is, everyone will vote on what they want the mafia power roles to be. This phase will last 24 hours.
- After the mafia roles are chosen, the mafia will be informed who has what role and Day Phase will begin. Days 1 and 2 will be 48 hours, afterwards day length will be 24 or 48 hours depending on player participation levels(I don't want to force 48 hours if people aren't enjoying the length) Day one might be a little longer so that I can get a good time for the rest of the phases to start/end.
- During Day Phases, Communication is only allowed in thread, your role PM with me, and the Mafia Role thread.
- During Day Phases, bold your vote to cast it. (Vote: GLG will count as a vote but Vote: GLG will not.)
- Unvoting is not necessary before casting a new vote.
- During Night Phases, posts in this thread are not allowed. You may communicate with other players during night phases. Night phase communication must be in a PM with one other person and myself.
- If you have a night action, you must send it to me before the end of night phase for it to count. If you have a day action, you must send it me before the end of day to count.
- If you are killed at any point, you are allowed one short post afterwards.

The following are town power roles that the mafia will decide on the town receiving.

Player Name, you have been randomly chosen to become the 2 Shot Day Vigilante

Abilities: Once per Day phase, you may PM me the action "Kill:player Name" The next time I log onto smashboards, I will post in thread that Player Name is killed. I will do my best to be as active as possible on smash boards during Day phases, so apologies if I do not see your PM in a timely manner.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Playername, you have been randomly chosen to become the Busdriver.

Abilities: During the night phase, you may pm me the names of two players to ride on your bus. Any actions that would target either of the player now target the other player.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Abilities: During the night phase, you may PM the name of one player to Jail Keep. That player cannot perform any night actions, but will be protected from any night kills that they would have been targeted by.
Abilities: Once per night phase, you can PM the name of a player to Track. You will be informed of any player that the player appeared to target. If they targeted no one, I will inform you that you saw them target no one.
Abilities: During the Night Phase, you may PM me the name of one player. You will learn what their alignment appears to be that night phase.

At the start of the game, there will be a 24 hour period for everyone to vote for the two power roles for the mafia. This will start after the mafia has determined the town roles, but before the town power roles learn what role they are assigned. The following is a list of roles for town to vote on for the mafia to have.

Abilities: Once per game prior to the end of a day or night phase, this player may PM me to hide the body from the town. The mafia will learn the role the hidden player, but town will not.
Abilities: If this mafia member performs the night kill, they may pick one player to be disguised as. If the player they are disguised as is tracked, that player will appear to have targeted the player who was night killed. If this mafia member is targeted by the cop, they will appear as the alignment of the person they are disguised as.
Abilities: Once per Night Phase, you may PM the name of a player to RoleBlock. If that player was using a night action that night they will be unable to perform that night action.
Abilities: If you are the performer of the night kill, this kill will pierce any protection the player may or may not have had. Additionally, you cannot be prevented from performing this night kill by being blocked.
Abilities: Once per night, you may PM me the Name of one player. You will be informed what power role that player has, if any. If that player is a vanilla townie, you will receive the result vanilla.

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: During the day or night phase you may talk with your partners in this Message Thread.
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
  • Before the game begins, you must choose which three of the following abilities to give to town:
Win condition:
  • You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities: Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Power Role
Abilities: Once the mafia decides what the power role are, you will be randomly assigned one
Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

1. shishoe
2. Vult Redux
4. Dooplisity (repacles Maven)
5. Pokechu
6. ThirdKoopa
10. Z25
13. Kantrip
Dead (6/13)
Sephiroths Masamune, Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 1!
J, Town Jailer, was shot Night 1!
Moydow, Mafia Roleblocker was shot Day 2!
Nabe, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 2!
Soup (replaces Fire Emblemier), Vanilla Townie, was killed night 2!
Fandangox, Vanilla Townie, daykilled day3

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I think I'm.... /in? Tentatively. I might be lame and back out if it starts close to a busy period.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
In

Just like my belly button

If you're an outie you can't play

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Whoops, but look, I wanted you to play so bad I went out of my way to make sure you were playing!

D

Deleted member

omg i wasnt being serious about day vig i forgot you dont know im a ****post machine but sure lets go with that now why not

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
When you first mentioned it I was like "nah" but then I realized I've never had a day vig so I thought it would be fun to finally have one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So people voted for what roles will be in this game? Or is that a vote that takes place during the actual game?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
So people voted for what roles will be in this game? Or is that a vote that takes place during the actual game?
It's a vote. Mafia decides what power roles the town will have, and then after they decide that there'll be a phase for everyone to vote in thread what roles they want the mafia to have. And then the first day phase where someone gets lynched will happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's a vote. Mafia decides what power roles the town will have, and then after they decide that there'll be a phase for everyone to vote in thread what roles they want the mafia to have. And then the first day phase where someone gets lynched will happen.
That’s pretty different but sounds interesting and could be pretty fun.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was gonna watch, but I could use another game since the other one was pretty quick.

/in

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Possible roles are finalized, Role PMs will be sent out later today!(probably in about an hour, but also might be when I get home from work.)

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Role PMs have been Sent! Day 0 will start at some point tomorrow after Mafia has decided what the roles are, probably in the evening.

You can post to confirm receiving your role here if you'd like.

Top Bottom