• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound like an *** but I really doubt we're going to be 100+ in one event nor do I think 100$ would change much even if PWG and the Canadian government apparently "doubles it"
On the other hand taking 100$ out of the pot is ALOT, whatever the decision ends up being at the end doesn't matter much to me but I'm against it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Something came to my mind, but I would need the approval of the participants before doing this.

I was thinking of taking 1$ from every 10$ people pay for an entree fee, from the largest event(in terms of participants) and donating it to Haiti.

So if 60 people joined brawl+ and 100 people joined brawl, we would take $1 from every $10 in the brawl prize pool for a total of $100. On top of that, PWG will match it, so it would make a total of $200.

To top it off some more, the Canadian government will match THAT, totaling $400!

BUT! It is YOUR prize money that will start this and I wouldn't dare doing it without everyone's approval.

I don't mind matching what we collect. There will be people to collect the donation there.

DISCUSS

Meh, then again holys kinda right. And he doesn't want to sound like an ***, so I will.

I want my money!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I was just going to say why is it taken directly out of the brawl prize pool?

as opposed to just taken from the door/entree fee. or from all the games being played in and not just brawl.

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
I'm making the assumption that brawl will be the biggest event.

The reason it's not taken directly from the door fee is because whatever is taken from prize pools will be match with the door fee's as well.

If we take from every game, it could come out to a lot. Although $400 might not seem like a lot, it can really help with whats going on down there.

If everyone said meh, not gonna bother cause it's only $400 than we'd all still be at 0. Weather its $10 or $400 it's a contribution and it makes a difference.

But like I said, I'll leave it up to you guys.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im fine with taking 1$ out of the prize pool...PWG should step up and use that $$ they woulda given to OOC people and donate that to haiti too

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
im fine with taking 1$ out of the prize pool...PWG should step up and use that $$ they woulda given to OOC people and donate that to haiti too
Actually this made me rethink a bit, how about we make LBT2 a charity event and we donate ALL the money to Haiti? Now that's stepping it up and since both PWG and the Canadian government is doubling it Haiti would get something around 10 000$! Now that might help a bit!
All Moneymatches goes directly to Haiti too btw, anyone want to MM?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
LTB don't start changing your tournament stuff when the deadline and the tourney itself is really close, I pre-reg for the previous reasons of this tournament and you should keep it if you don't want to disappoint some people, also Canadian government?? wtf first time I heard such implication from a government in a tourney lolol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Actually this made me rethink a bit, how about we make LBT2 a charity event and we donate ALL the money to Haiti? Now that's stepping it up and since both PWG and the Canadian government is doubling it Haiti would get something around 10 000$! Now that might help a bit!
All Moneymatches goes directly to Haiti too btw, anyone want to MM?
i just wanted to do something for a good cause:( im prolly not even entering singles so do w.e you guys want xD

LTB don't start changing your tournament stuff when the deadline and the tourney itself is really close, I pre-reg for the previous reasons of this tournament and you should keep it if you don't want to disappoint some people, also Canadian government?? wtf first time I heard such implication from a government in a tourney lolol
the canadian goverment is matching all donations made to haiti...so a 100$ donation will bascially become 200$....+ harper is gonna be a special commentator for grand finals at this,might even get chretien up in this *****

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
i just wanted to do something for a good cause:( im prolly not even entering singles so do w.e you guys want xD

the canadian goverment is matching all donations made to haiti...so a 100$ donation will bascially become 200$....+ harper is gonna be a special commentator for grand finals at this,might even get chretien up in this *****
LLOL To joe too good

tha_carter

Smash Ace
just set up a haiti fund outside of all the other funds, thats completely optional. Theres no need to force people into donating, especially since it mainly effects the winners. I'd suggest asking if theyd like to donate to haiti while people are signing in.

Im sure alot of people, playing any of the games would like to donate whatever they can afford to....

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
What Carter said. Donating in itself in any way is cool. One of my best friends pretty much lost the majority of his family in the earthquake, so it means a lot to me when I see people donate.

5ive

Smash Champion
just set up a haiti fund outside of all the other funds, thats completely optional. Theres no need to force people into donating, especially since it mainly effects the winners. I'd suggest asking if theyd like to donate to haiti while people are signing in.

Im sure alot of people, playing any of the games would like to donate whatever they can afford to....
Agreed. Do this LBT.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I would rather not take all the money and give it to haiti, for the reasons ally stated, and because tourneys areonly legit if money is involved (cus we're all money hungry ****ers). Percon and I were thinking about hosting a tourney late february, early march, specifically to help Haiti (so dont steal our thunder :laugh:). Donating 1$ per entry (in all events) is a good idea, dontating all of the money is :urg:

Edit: Carters idea is cool as well

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
First of all, I never said this was a must, it was an OPTION.

It's obviously not gonna happen, with these reactions. My plan wasn't to change anything just like BLAH. I wanted feed back on the IDEA, and I got it.

The government has nothing to do with this tournament. We would give the money to a charity company who is supporting Haiti and they would ultimately make the donation.

The government is matching the money that ANY of these companies DONATE. It was an idea for a good cause. Let's drop it.

annsy

Smash Cadet
the donating of 1$ per entry fee is a nice idea...question out of curiosity, how is it being donated? like a particular charity/group/cause for haiti?

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
We were gonna have a charity that was set up at York University come down for the event and accept the donation.

Don't think it's gonna happen though.

If you wanna donate though, you can do so at your own discretion at the event. We won't touch money from any prize pool.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
You greedy *******s, these poor people suffered the biggest tornado in two hundred centuries and all you want is your prize money. It sickens me.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm okay with donations if haitian people and people of haitian descent at the venue can get a certain percentage.

edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT-
You greedy *******s, these poor people suffered the biggest tornado in two hundred centuries and all you want is your prize money. It sickens me.
I point and laugh at you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

because if you were to get a non-negotiable 10% taken out of your paycheck next week, youd be upset no matter what the reason was.

Not to say that smash is or should be a job, but its not wrong to want to keep money that you rightfully earned.

And if you didnt notice, every single person that was against the idea of money taken out of the prise pool said that they would donate to a seperate fund that wasnt connected to the tournament money. Including myself, I would do that.

People that dont know what the are talking about should sit down and be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom