• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Pretty much. At least Lip had more games going for her in comparison to Disco Satan.
Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to be thinking about THIS:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not that I expected any Panel De Pon fans other than WolfBunny to follow me to begin with.
If it makes any difference, if I had a Twitter, I'd certainly vote for Lip.

Lip and Ashley Arle Nadja should be in the game so they can have a magic fight.
Fixed that for you.:p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If it makes you all feel better, Lip is the real second place winner of that poll. I just got notified of the results.

At least Mach Rider's short lived fame was good while it lasted. Also, R.I.P. Devil. :laugh:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's good to know. I'm assuming Takamaru is the first-place winner because he's been appearing in many things lately (and also samurai are cool), but it's neat to know Lip got second-place.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's good to know. I'm assuming Takamaru is the first-place winner because he's been appearing in many things lately (and also samurai are cool), but it's neat to know Lip got second-place.
That's correct. It's definitely because his game got localized among other big cameos in the last generations. And what samurai isn't cool? :laugh:

Like you said, it's good that Lip got enough support than the Devil instead of being forgotten. The Panel De Pons fans must have finally caught on at the last minute.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I feel like drawing something.

Maybe the fairies in halloween costumes. Do you think Lip would go as Samus?

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Lip would be much better as Viridi. Young, magical, ponytail, magic wand/staff thingy, connection with flowers/nature...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lip would be much better as Viridi. Young, magical, ponytail, magic wand/staff thingy, connection with flowers/nature...
Second.

I feel that Viridi is easily the most fitting character for her to dress as.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If it makes you all feel better, Lip is the real second place winner of that poll. I just got notified of the results.

At least Mach Rider's short lived fame was good while it lasted. Also, R.I.P. Devil. :laugh:
Really? Oh, thank goodness! If I had to hazard a guess, I'd have to agree with you in the idea the real PdP fans possibly caught wind of your poll at the last minute.

I feel like drawing something.

Maybe the fairies in Halloween costumes. Do you think Lip would go as Samus?
Personally, I'd go with either Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo (for obvious reasons) or Viridi (for reasons N N. Onymous has already stated)

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Don't feel pressured into drawing it. But at the same time, it's not a good idea to promise a drawing and then take two months to follow through. Learn from my mistakes. : P

PsychoJosh

I have that habit with drawings too.

Most of my ideas in this case involve Kasha doing stuff with Lip.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
You should definitely draw that at least. It has the potential to be seriously diabetes-inducing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though this isn't the place, I wonder which one of you would make a Lip support thread in the new Smash Switch subforum for old time's sake (even though I wasn't around back when it was originally a support forum at frost from what I heard).

I would nominate ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ since he's the most passionate about the character.

PsychoJosh

I support Lip getting in Smash Switch.

However I'm willing to bet that it's going to be some other 3rd party superstar, like Bomberman.

I'm hoping that underdog choices like Lip aren't left in the cold by them going all-in on third party characters. While it's nice to have them, they have lots of their own characters that would be great.

I was thinking Mona from Warioware would be a great addition too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

However I'm willing to bet that it's going to be some other 3rd party superstar, like Bomberman.

I'm hoping that underdog choices like Lip aren't left in the cold by them going all-in on third party characters. While it's nice to have them, they have lots of their own characters that would be great.

I was thinking Mona from Warioware would be a great addition too.
Funnily enough, I just happen to be the owner of the Mona Support Group.

Tis is a shame that we probably won't get another WarioWare game for a while after Game & Wario's less than stellar recent and sales. I've always preferred her as a character over Ashley, Smashwise and character-wise. Maybe it's because of her outgoing personality and subjectively better microgames.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Even though this isn't the place, I wonder which one of you would make a Lip support thread in the new Smash Switch subforum for old time's sake (even though I wasn't around back when it was originally a support forum at frost from what I heard).

I would nominate ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ since he's the most passionate about the character.
Sweetest thanks for the mention - but I personally feel like passing the torch to somebody else this time. Years have truly passed on me since the speculation era, so I think the youth here can take the hoard of treasure and heart from this thread and carry it to the Smash Switch-generation.

I also remember supporting Mona back in Brawl-era, though I tended to make jokes about Jimmy T. being a likely character after Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja started to pull themselves on the scene.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
If there ever ends up being a SSB5 or Smash Switch or whatever, I'd be happy to make a support thread for Lip. My passion for the series hasn't faded and isn't likely to, and I'd really love to see the series and its lovable characters get the treatment they deserve.

PsychoJosh

Tis is a shame that we probably won't get another WarioWare game for a while after Game & Wario's less than stellar recent and sales. I've always preferred her as a character over Ashley, Smashwise and character-wise. Maybe it's because of her outgoing personality and subjectively better microgames.
Mona's inclusion would also give Wario an excuse to have his moveset revamped. The thing I want more than anything else is for Wario to be a heavyweight with a moveset based on Wario Land. That's all I've ever wanted in Smash since Melee. If Warioland Wario got in the game I'd be truly satisfied with the series.

I imagine Mona would be an extremely wacky fighter, in keeping with her "strange" games from her first appearance. She would have her scooter as her side+B, which operates mostly the same as Wario's Bike. For her other special moves she could pull out some of her pets that would hurl random objects like banana peels or soccer balls, twirl a baton, and even throw hot slices of pizza that burn her opponents.

If there ever ends up being a SSB5 or Smash Switch or whatever, I'd be happy to make a support thread for Lip. My passion for the series hasn't faded and isn't likely to, and I'd really love to see the series and its lovable characters get the treatment they deserve.
Yes, you can count on my support if they make an entirely new Smash for switch, but chances are we're just getting a "deluxe" port of SSB4 with some new content. I don't think Lip will be in that, although I'd like to remain positive.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sweetest thanks for the mention - but I personally feel like passing the torch to somebody else this time. Years have truly passed on me since the speculation era, so I think the youth here can take the hoard of treasure and heart here and carry it to the Smash Switch-generation.

I also remember supporting Mona back in Brawl-era, though I tended to make jokes about Jimmy T. being a likely character after Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja started to pull themselves on the scene.
Funny that you mention Jimmy T. I remember when Chronobound used to be big on him too. Those were the days.

Same.

The Animal Crossing mini game is one step in international recognition, we can only hope that gets bigger (like a Virtual Console release that's international). I'm still surprised Nintendo of America never imported the game yet. Though I can understand if it's more text heavy than Puyo Puyo 2.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Funny that you mention Jimmy T. I remember when Chronobound used to be big on him too. Those were the days.
That's kind of new - thought I knew the guy to some degree. Huh.

The Animal Crossing mini game is one step in international recognition, we can only hope that gets bigger (like a Virtual Console release that's international). I'm still surprised Nintendo of America never imported the game yet. Though I can understand if it's more text heavy than Puyo Puyo 2.
I personally think Puyo 2 might had been more difficult to translate, if only for the Japanese humor among other things. PDP seems less character-driven so maybe that would have made an easier translation.

Mona's inclusion would also give Wario an excuse to have his moveset revamped. The thing I want more than anything else is for Wario to be a heavyweight with a moveset based on Wario Land. That's all I've ever wanted in Smash since Melee. If Warioland Wario got in the game I'd be truly satisfied with the series.
I've mostly been satisfied by this since Project M, see PM Main. I just merely ignore playing Wario in actual Smash-games, seeing how he will keep on straying away from his platforming roots and being still modified on as Sakurai's "gross goofy villain" character.

Dunno if ya played Project M, but it's literally a dream come true there, even if it's not "official".

Though if he was anything like what you said above, he'd be possibly my most played Smash-char, actually. I really loved Wario Lands back in the day, and I quite do miss Wario's more balanced character after having to read folk at Tumblr being genuinely confused why "Wario's so buff" for the kind of a character people have accustomed to seeing him since Smash and WarioWare made him become the weird schlob that he is today. Wario Lands at least established why he's such a buffo at first place:

I imagine Mona would be an extremely wacky fighter, in keeping with her "strange" games from her first appearance. She would have her scooter as her side+B, which operates mostly the same as Wario's Bike. For her other special moves she could pull out some of her pets that would hurl random objects like banana peels or soccer balls, twirl a baton, and even throw hot slices of pizza that burn her opponents.
The funniest part is that most these would have fitted her more than whatever was given to Wario. It's bit appalling for me to think about it. :025:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything to have Lip be added to Smash as a playable character, but considering the treatment she's been getting, I'd be lying if I said, I wouldn't take even an Assist Trophy for her at this point...

Speaking of which, I don't suppose you've made a Mona thread for the new speculation thread, have you?

Same here, as I usually say, I don't hate Ashley, but I also find Mona more interesting. Partially BECAUSE of her adorably cheerful personality. I'm not the biggest fan of "goth" characters, with the exception of a few.

Maybe you'd like to make a new Lip thread on the new Smash speculation thread?

Hopefully, all of this becomes a reality, in the event that Mona ends up playable in Smash game.

The funniest part is that most these would have fitted her more than whatever was given to Wario. It's bit appalling for me to think about it. :025:
Honestly, explosive atomic flatulence aside, I would think so. Heaven forbid they give Mona a BURPING move, if not farting...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Maybe you'd like to make a new Lip thread on the new Smash speculation thread?
I could do that. I'm not terribly confident in my ability to write a convincing argument for why Lip should be in SSB5/SSBS that doesn't come across as horribly salty, but I could give it a shot.

PsychoJosh

Honestly, explosive atomic flatulence aside, I would think so. Heaven forbid they give Mona a BURPING move, if not farting...
Er... well I don't imagine Monaco would have any of those things. She wouldn't bite people either. However I imagine her having the same sort of bizarre humor in her attacks that you might see in Warioware.

Her attacks could make reference to her mini games in the first Warioware. Her forward Smash could be a sneeze (just picture charging it, "ah... ahh... AH-CHOOO!"), she could attack by swiping with a giant toothbrush, she could squirt a giant ketchup bottle at people... did you know Mona likes ketchup on her burger, fries AND her drink?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Let's keep the discussion of Mona to the Mona thread, all right?

Once I get that "Lip for Smash Switch" thread off the ground, how's this for an opener? (It'd be touched up later in an image program to look more presentable.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Er... well I don't imagine Mona would have any of those things. She wouldn't bite people either. However I imagine her having the same sort of bizarre humor in her attacks that you might see in Warioware.

Her attacks could make reference to her mini games in the first Warioware. Her forward Smash could be a sneeze (just picture charging it, "ah... ahh... AH-CHOOO!"), she could attack by swiping with a giant toothbrush, she could squirt a giant ketchup bottle at people... did you know Mona likes ketchup on her burger, fries AND her drink?
This is my last post on the Mona subject, so I'll just say that what you described seems MUCH more fitting Mona than what I mentioned, that's for sure.

Let's keep the discussion of Mona to the Mona thread, all right?
I just made my last post on the subject. Sorry about that, by the way.

Once I get that "Lip for Smash Switch" thread off the ground, how's this for an opener? (It'd be touched up later in an image program to look more presentable.)
Yeah, I'd touch it up a bit, but otherwise it looks good to me!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
What do you think lip would do if Donkey Kong started eating her flowers?
She might try to stop him, but she wouldn't stand a chance. DK's coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots her, it's gonna hurt. Plus he's bigger, faster, and stronger too.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
We all know that magic beats brute force any day. At least, that's what video games have taught us, so it must be true.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What do you think lip would do if Donkey Kong started eating her flowers?
Either ask politely to stop or smack him beyond the horizon with her stick.

I can't imagine her beating him bruitally in a rage like a certain Breath of the Wild NPC.

PsychoJosh

I think she'd realize that he's just a confused ape who missed his lunch and is acting strange because of it.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Panel de Pon and Knuckles. Make it happen yesterday.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's a cute picture! It seems that artist wants Lip in Smash Bros. too... Here's hoping next time is the charm.

Oh man.

Was it awkward when Lip introduced him to the other fairies?
At first they thought it was a little weird having him over, but Ruby was happy because she doesn't have a single-player stage on account of not having a cartoon animal mascot. Since Knuckles is also associated with gems, it works out perfectly for her.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is there a Lip support thread in the new speculation forums?

If there is, I can't find it.

Been a while, huh.

Top Bottom