• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Putin's invasion of Ukraine

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Turkey, Greece and Spain are ethnically as white as Ukraine is, they're all Caucasian nations. As I actually live in Europe, these countries aren't seen as "outsiders" outside of maybe Turkey, but that's cause of their predominantly Islamic faith (I myself get along great with everyone, just speaking of the typical European), I say predominantly, cause Turkey has Christians too.

And it's not like Europe actually is actively Christian either! West Europe especially is probably the most atheist place in the world, outside of China. That being said, yes, it's extremely saddening to see the world caring more about Ukraine cause they're white. I think the Christian part is especially emphasized by Americans though.

Russia has way more claim to being a Christian nation, as most are predominantly Orthodox Christian, but there are quite a lot of Islamic people there too (a fact not many are aware of).

Not that Christ would advocate any of this....... That's another discussion by itself however. It does seem like a war that could escalate into apocalyptic events as described in Revelations, my personal convictions are clear about this.

But keeping it on topic, and since Turkey was mentioned, what would the general consensus be of Erdogan in this conflict I wonder? Like Russia and NATO, Turkey is also quite open of wanting to reclaim what they feel is theirs (the old Ottoman Empire). I wonder what his ambitions would be in this conflict... So far, I think politically he'd side with NATO, if it came down to it, but I don't think they'd make a very stable ally for them.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You know what i dont wanna cause a scene so i deleted the original post!
Yeah the Ukraine Situation Sucks!

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
You know what i dont wanna cause a scene so i deleted the original post!
Yeah the Ukraine Situation Sucks!
It does suck especially with the new information coming out. Russia has given up occupying cities and instead resorted to be bombing the city until there are there is no one left to resist them. Once the city has been deserted the Russians then take the city and add it to their territory. It really is a brutal thing to do.

Putin is so detached and isolated from what's going on around him, he pretty much doesn't care at this point. All he wants is Ukraine and he won't stop until Ukraine is conquered.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Sigh.

If the Jan 6 committee cannot stop Trump he'll have a show down with Ron DeSantis and ....

Great. Wonderful. Marvelous! Insanity. So what if maybe Putin passes from medical conditions and someone even worse grabs the reigns. So what if Biden dropped the ball.

This has become a war of attrition. Lots of people will die as a result of this conflict and the longer it goes on the worse the situation becomes until finally there is nothing left to fight over except land that's been blown to smitherines.

"We can rebuild."

Uh... Huh...

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
DeSantis won't get very far.

Trump has something that DeSantis doesn't and that's 50 years worth of brand recognition. Trump has spent decades bogged in scandals, had a successful TV series that made him a household name and gave the impression to many outside New York that he is a successful business man. DeSantis on the other hand doesn't have that kind of clout. DeSantis has all the things to hate about Trump and none of the goofy memeable charm that makes his bile tolerable. Desantis will probably win a few rounds and then grovel before Trump like Ted Cruz did in hopes of being Trump's VP. The Republican party doesn't really have votes to spare. So to not risk splintering the party they are going to give the nomination to Trump.

As for Putin,I feel its more of a Mao or Stalin thing. When Mao and Stalin died China and the USSR went to changing the laws to make things less extreme and to prevent someone from amounting as much power as their predecessors did. The rules that Putin used to get stay in power will be changed to prevent another Putin such as term limits.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
But keeping it on topic, and since Turkey was mentioned, what would the general consensus be of Erdogan in this conflict I wonder? Like Russia and NATO, Turkey is also quite open of wanting to reclaim what they feel is theirs (the old Ottoman Empire). I wonder what his ambitions would be in this conflict... So far, I think politically he'd side with NATO, if it came down to it, but I don't think they'd make a very stable ally for them.
So far, the government is on the side of "wait and see". Russia and Ukraine are both important economic allies to Turkey and the current soaring inflation, along with Russia being an important source of fossil fuel, makes it hard to just burn the bridges with any of them. So, Turkey might criticize Russia publicly but I doubt you'll see much in the way of concrete action.

The current government's imperialist ambitions at the moment are mostly rooted in establishing a theocracy before anything else so I don't think they have much at stake in this conflict. NATO membership is useful for them at the moment and I don't see a good reason for them to openly take Russia's side.

Top Bottom