• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PushBlockGaming Mii Swordfighter Combo Guide

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I found this to be pretty helpful. It's nice to know that there is set knock back on the gale tornado as well as the first two hits on the Fair that can lead into other moves.

I would like better explanations for the other B moves though. Tornado and Link Up-B seem pretty obvious (or at least really solid) to me, but do all the Side Bs really leave that much room for desire? I like the chakram much more than spinning forward with an extremely punishable ending. And I'm not so sure about the Ike dash Side-B

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
RPGsFTW RPGsFTW : In the comment section of the YouTube video the creator says that while chakram is good he doesn't believe it's worth it to give up basically all horizontal recovery which is why he uses Airborne Assault (option 1). I'm leaning towards agreeing with him. Recovery is such a major factor in Smash Bros and Gale Force is already a solid projectile. Chakram is nice but it doesn't seem essential to Mii Swordfighter's combo game and having Airborne Assault will make it much easier to recover in certain scenarios.

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
RPGsFTW RPGsFTW : In the comment section of the YouTube video the creator says that while chakram is good he doesn't believe it's worth it to give up basically all horizontal recovery which is why he uses Airborne Assault (option 1). I'm leaning towards agreeing with him. Recovery is such a major factor in Smash Bros and Gale Force is already a solid projectile. Chakram is nice but it doesn't seem essential to Mii Swordfighter's combo game and having Airborne Assault will make it much easier to recover in certain scenarios.
i think one advantage of chakram is also having much safer zoning and coverage that tornado alone cannot provide. Mixing up throws provides different purposes, such as a soft throw to confirm to fsmash, gimping and has amazing ledge coverage, while the hard throw allows killing offstage by sniping, tech chasing and different kill confirms. IMO, one can be given for another.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Aerial Assault works better if you want that extended recovery and if you would rather have a hard punish against rolls and (air) dodges. But without it you're left with less space control when you're onstage with Swordfighter, so you have to rely more on close quarters and spacing.

With Chakram you alleviate that pressure of spacing and get a safe projectile that can start combo and go to kill confirms. That alone is really good. But you're making yourself more gimpable offstage.

I think both are viable honestly. Just depends on your playstyle. I prefer the Aerial Assault myself, recovery is nice but the reason I like it more is its hitbox being so powerful and lasting a fair amount of time.

Last edited:

$W!G

Smash Rookie
I compiled a list of almost everything that he mentioned in the video:

Low
Landing N-air > F-tilt > (if missed tech) Jab > F-smash

Low to Mid
D-tilt > Fair
D-tilt > RAR Bair
D-throw > Nair/Fair/Up-B

Mid
U-tilt > Bair