• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Push for custom Palutena/ Miis

Should customs for Mii/ Palu be legal?

• Yes of course

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, but only if it's a compromised set

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Palu.png

Hay guys, Sm4sh has been out for about 2 years and we STILL have gotten nowhere when it comes to custom characters, namely Miis and Palutena. Before you say anything I know that some characters don't have customs ( DLC) but that shouldnt be a factor on deciding weather or not customs should be excepted into the meta.​

(I THINK)

1. DLC characters should not be a factor as they are better designed than normal characters and already have good special moves

2. Miis and Palutena should be allowed to use to use ONE custom set because it would allow the characters to be played how they are supposed to without having players remember several movesets or match ups

3. It would bring more overall enjoyment to the players and the audience

4. They are the only characters that have all of their moves unlocked from the start. That means that no grinding for customs would be necessary as they are readily available.

5. The fact that custom switch has to be turned on to access Palutena's custom moves should not be a deal breaker, that's just stupid.

6. A compromise set can be made (such as not allowing lightweight or bicycle kick) but allowing another custom set that's just as good.

7. using the "But it's not fair that other characters should be allowed too" argument shouldn't be a factor because unlike Miis/ Palutena, you have to grind for those customs AND Miis/ Palutena were balanced around their customs and other characters AREN'T, meaning these characters will not KO at insanely low %s or be a major pain to play against (see custom Villager, Sheik, and DK)

I hope I can start a discussion to get people thinking and talking about this topic instead of just ignoring it. Please leave your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you for giving me a moment of your time to read and please share

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
I would think ideally all characters could use customs with a few bans

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I say only Palutena and Miis because you don't need to grind for them and get a lucky drop, and because these customs are actually balanced

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
I hope I don't get flamed for this or anything. I'm just sharing my thoughts. I'm open to reading other input also.

For me, I'm stuck between undecided and "Yes, but only if it's a comprised set." I wouldn't want to fight a character with a toolset that I'm not aware of. I'd rather fight a custom Mii/Palu with a comprised set than a "I don't know which customs he'll pick this time" custom Mii/Palu. If I know my opponent's tools, I can study them overtime and figure out how I can defeat the character.

I'm still thinking about it though (the custom without a comprised set). I mean... I guess the opponent can just verbally tell you before the match which customs he'll use rather than you finding out during the match. Lol I don't know how people would feel about that.

Last edited:

JWai

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNTrainerJBA
3DS FC
2079-9197-0430
I think customs should be allowed in general, but only specific movesets. One common complaint I've heard against customs is playing the matchup. This is easily avoidable by simply restricting characters to a specific moveset. Example for Palutena would be Warp/Superspeed/Autoreticle/Lightweight. Best way to do this is to go for the most optimal custom set, and simply have that as the customs allowed option.

Obviously, some moves should be banned, like Villager's trip saplings or DK's Airbending stuff.

Oh, the original purpose of the post...

Just have one or two custom move options for Palutena/Miis, and it should be their most optimal choice.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
I hope I don't get flamed for this or anything. I'm just sharing my thoughts. I'm open to reading other input also.

For me, I'm stuck between undecided and "Yes, but only if it's a comprised set." I wouldn't want to fight a character with a toolset that I'm not aware of. I'd rather fight a custom Mii/Palu with a comprised set than a "I don't know which customs he'll pick this time" custom Mii/Palu. If I know my opponent's tools, I can study them overtime and figure out how I can defeat the character.

I'm still thinking about it though (the custom without a comprised set). I mean... I guess the opponent can just verbally tell you before the match which customs he'll use rather than you finding out during the match. Lol I don't know how people would feel about that.
It'll be a standard set, think of it as a replacement 1111 movement, there will be only one set so you'll only have to learn 4 characters with one set of specials. (Palutena, gunner, brawler, sword) personally I think comprised is the way to go, that way nobody calls overpowered and the mii/ Palutena player gets a useable set of specials.

Topaz Pikmin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Topaz_Pikmin
As much as I know this change will never happen,I would actually like to see all custom moves be legal (with some obvious exceptions). That would make the meta so much deeper and it would allow so many characters to have a chance at being tournament legal. It would make the metagame so much more interesting to watch. Plus, if a new player joins the scene, it would actually be somewhat of a mystery to see what character they choose instead of them just choosing one of 10 characters some of which have a meta that just spamming the same move over and over again. (Hi, Rosalina!)

Top Bottom