• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishment Through Pain - Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Would you want to see Pyramid Head in Smash?

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master
PYRAMID HEAD
1603131566778.png

Who is he?
Pyramid Head is a major driving force of Silent Hill 2, the second and highest-rated game in a prestigious line of psychological horror video games by Konami Digital Entertainment. An embodiment of the guilt and punishment desires of protagonist James Sunderland, Pyramid Head isn't so much a villain in the game as it is...I guess you could call it an anti-villain, a being who isn't exactly nice or soft (As proven with the...rather unsavory actions he does to the monsters of Silent Hill) yet has the best intentions in mind for James.

Why should it be in Smash Bros?
Pyramid Head is one of the most recognizable entities of the franchise and Konami, for better or worse, has capitalized on that before. But here's the thing: Silent Hill is a horror game, a genre not yet represented with a playable character, and one of the most popular within said genre, up there with the likes of Resident Evil and Five Nights at Freddy's. Pyramid Head itself is also no stranger to crossovers at all, with appearances in a track-and-field video game, Super Bomberman R, and most recently Dead by Daylight. Furthermore, Konami has been generous in their content in Smash Ultimate, with Metal Gear coming back after being cut from Brawl, and throwing in Castlevania while they're at it.

How would he be different from the rest of the cast?
In spite of its signature weapon being a massive blade called the Great Knife, Pyramid Head would be much more than just another swordfighter: it's a supernatural tormentor, made to haunt its victims and only killing if necessary. And if Mega Man is anything to go by, Sakurai could pull from Dead by Daylight for some of its moveset.

—————————————————————

Now friends: would you like to see Pyramid Head in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Will you stay far away, or delve into the fog with me?

Fellow Fog Dwellers:
NOSTARSICK NOSTARSICK
spicynun spicynun
Tetrin Tetrin
Yiptap Yiptap
Dixie Kong Dixie Kong
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Þe 1 → Way Þe 1 → Way
tonygameman tonygameman
W walugurl

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Probably the Konami character I want to see the most (other than a Bloody Roar Rep since Hudson Soft is part of Konami) and probably the top character for a horror rep!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So here's a question for y'all: what stage would best represent Silent Hill? I mean, obviously it would take place in Silent Hill itself, but there are specific locations that can be considered memorable. Dead by Daylight had Midwich Elementary School from SH1 as the stage of choice, but in SH2, the most memorable has to be Brookhaven Hospital. What do you guys think?

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Both of those are good...but I like Wood Side/Blue Creek or even just the fog covered streets (idk how they'd work as stages though)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Recently played Silent Hill 2 and I can say this is one of my new pipe dream wishes.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I feel slightly uneasy at the thought of adding him purely because I want him to be slow but not to be trash. Like I want him to be the slowest character in the game to match the burden of the Great Knife and yet I don't want him to be unfun to play or have bad matchups with the entire roster.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I feel slightly uneasy at the thought of adding him purely because I want him to be slow but not to be trash. Like I want him to be the slowest character in the game to match the burden of the Great Knife and yet I don't want him to be unfun to play or have bad matchups with the entire roster.
Okay, how about this:

He's the slowest character in the game and initially feels like trash...but he can inflict stackable debuffs that turn his opponents into trash. Sort of like he's piling their sins on them before executing them.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Okay, how about this:

He's the slowest character in the game and initially feels like trash...but he can inflict stackable debuffs that turn his opponents into trash. Sort of like he's piling their sins on them before executing them.
I really do like that idea honestly. As long as one of the debuffs isn't for speed bc I think that would make bring the pacing to a crawl and become boring. Pretty much any other debuff I agree with, but the one I'm entertaining in my head the most at the moment is damage over time when he uses a certain move or moves.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Have you all seen this video?
Out of curiosity, I looked to see if anyone on YouTube has talked about Pyramid Head in Smash. I didn’t find much, but I did find this masterpiece by TheBassSinger. He put the Silent Hill Theme over a normal fight. It really does fit well into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It would be perfect to receive it with Pyramid Head for a challenger pack!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Have you all sent this video?
Out of curiosity, I looked to see if anyone on YouTube has talked about Pyramid Head in Smash. I didn’t find much, but I did find this masterpiece by TheBassSinger. He put the Silent Hill Theme over a normal fight. It really does fit well into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It would be perfect to receive it with Pyramid Head for a challenger pack!
Huh. That actually does fit. I can certainly see this coming into a Pyramid Head Challenger Pack.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What kind of Spirits would you guys want out of a Silent Hill Spirit Board? Me personally? I'd pick a few such as Heather, the Bubblehead Nurses, Harry Mason, and Robbie the Rabbit, and DEFINITELY put James in as a Legend Spirit.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So someone just showed this on the Elma thread, and basically, I feel it gives us Pyramid Head fans a little hope:

Basically, the theory says that the list that Vergeben compiled of deconfirmed characters before Byleth was revealed might've also had info on FP2, as Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth were NOT on this list either.

The biggest takeaway from this for those who don't have the patience to read through all of this is that no Konami characters have been brought up. Nobody from Metal Gear, nobody from Castlevania, or in our case, nobody from Silent Hill.

Again, this theory could be thrown out the window if, say, Crash Bandicoot turns out to be Challenger Pack 9 or something like that, but at the end of the day, it's still just a theory. What do you guys think about this?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
So someone just showed this on the Elma thread, and basically, I feel it gives us Pyramid Head fans a little hope:

Basically, the theory says that the list that Vergeben compiled of deconfirmed characters before Byleth was revealed might've also had info on FP2, as Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth were NOT on this list either.

The biggest takeaway from this for those who don't have the patience to read through all of this is that no Konami characters have been brought up. Nobody from Metal Gear, nobody from Castlevania, or in our case, nobody from Silent Hill.

Again, this theory could be thrown out the window if, say, Crash Bandicoot turns out to be Challenger Pack 9 or something like that, but at the end of the day, it's still just a theory. What do you guys think about this?
This is definitely an interesting theory with a lot coincidences. I hope it’s true, but I am taking this theory with a grain of salt.

Copnaut

Smash Rookie

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If Pyramid Head was able to make it into Smash Bros, how much would you guys think would be taken from Silent Hill, and how much would be taken from other forms of media like the movies, and crossover appearances like Bomberman or Dead by Daylight? I'm asking because with all this together, he has enough material to flesh out a whole moveset, I feel.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay: idea incoming: Pyramid Head has a unique Victory Screen location just like Sephiroth. Instead of it all being on fire, however, it's all covered in the telltale Silent Hill fog! That could also play up the eeriness factor that the series is known for, and it could lead to a unique victory screen where he recreates "Misty Day, Remains of the Judgement" with some of the fighters!

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
Okay: idea incoming: Pyramid Head has a unique Victory Screen location just like Sephiroth. Instead of it all being on fire, however, it's all covered in the telltale Silent Hill fog! That could also play up the eeriness factor that the series is known for, and it could lead to a unique victory screen where he recreates "Misty Day, Remains of the Judgement" with some of the fighters!
I absolutely love this idea!! Also to respond to your previous post before this, I think a lot of his moveset would honestly be “original” that still fits his character and the overall theme of Silent Hill since he doesn’t do that much besides drag his sword around. I’d love to see your idea of his moveset or someone else’s!
Also my question is: what Silent Hill songs would be included along with him? The original opening theme, Promise, Laura’s Theme and You’re Not Here would be obvious ones that I’d be surprised if they weren’t included in some way but what else would you want to see?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I absolutely love this idea!! Also to respond to your previous post before this, I think a lot of his moveset would honestly be “original” that still fits his character and the overall theme of Silent Hill since he doesn’t do that much besides drag his sword around. I’d love to see your idea of his moveset or someone else’s!
Also my question is: what Silent Hill songs would be included along with him? The original opening theme, Promise, Laura’s Theme and You’re Not Here would be obvious ones that I’d be surprised if they weren’t included in some way but what else would you want to see?
I myself actually did make an attempt at a Pyramid Head moveset a long time back. It takes a little bit from both the movies and Dead by Daylight, but for the most part, it takes heavy inspiration from the game.

As for music, Betrayal is a given considering when it plays. Mirrored Guilt, too, as that is pretty much the song that plays to set the mood of Silent Hill 2.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Pyramid Head would be my pick for a horror rep and would prefer him over resident evil rep and the reason being if we need to repesent a horror rep it will make more sense to bring a villain than a hero and pretty sure if resident evil rep got in smash it would be Jill or Leon which are both basically heroes and wouldnt seem like anything you can see from them can be regarded as horror beside a stage.
also Pyramid Head does actually have a design that looks less bloody which shows that he can come in E rated.

however Pyramid Head has to compete with other Konami characters so no one knows how likely he would be the next rep for Konami.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The Character Exploration thread SharkLord SharkLord has made is doing Pyramid Head today! Sound off your thoughts there if you want!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so I just had a big-brain moment: a problem some people may have with Pyramid Head in Smash is the image of it jumping around and running. I've run through the potential solutions in my head more times than I can count, but I think I've found it:

When he jumps or runs, he turns into a cloud of fog.

Lemme explain: Silent Hill turns dark thoughts into monsters, right? An incorporeal concept turned into (potential) flesh. The thought of cancer, depression, guilt, sensitivity to mortality, each and every dark part of the human psyche has a physical form. But an issue I've come to run into is how those physical forms appear? Well, here's the thing: despite what one may think, fog is still a physical thing, one that can actually be felt by human hands. This makes me think that the town creates fog-based bodies for those dark thoughts to reside in so that they can wander about.

This leads me to this conclusion: Pyramid Head, when attacking or walking, will move around like normal. But if he needs to move or jump, his body vaporizes into clouds of fog until he either stops, begins descending, or is hit! Genius, right?

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Personally.

I want to see Pyramid Head as a Mii Costume for the Mii Sword Fighter.

Given that Fighter Pass 2 has had enough sword fighters and it's time Smash Ultimate got more non sword fighters as DLC.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
As much as I like other Konami series and some survival horror classics such as Resident Evil (both PS1 & remake/RE7/Village eras) and Parasite Eve (rarely discussed between both and fellow Square Enix series), I think Silent Hill would be represented someway.

So yeah, I'm supporting this thread for my little sister, who is a big fan of this franchise (by adding on a list at opening post).

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I came here to support Pyramid head for smash! I think Pyramid head in smash would be cool and unexpected, although I think he fits a more mature fighting game like Mortal kombat better.

Anyway, The only Silent hill game I actually played was Silent hill 2 (though I never finished it). I think Pyramid head is a cool monster design.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but lore wise, I like Pyramid head’s role as a protector. Him being an executioner is fine though.

And even though I don’t normally play horror games, I’ve been playing Dead by daylight and I main him in that game.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tomorrow's the big day everybody. This may not have been as long as other threads, but I want to say, I'm glad some people want to support Pyramid Head in Smash Bros! I merely did this after the appearance of Silent Hill on Switch via Dead by Daylight, as well as the impact the franchise has had on the game industry, but I was expecting less people, in all honesty, due to the nature of the series. So again, glad it turned out well!

It was a short, yet good run, everybody. Let's hope Sakurai takes us to that town in our dreams...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, it seems like the fog has settled, and Sora was ultimately the one chosen over our Red Pyramid Thing.

I'm really glad that some of us came together to support Pyramid Head, though. If there's another Smash game in the future, then let's come back to Silent Hill and call for Pyramid Head to come to Smash.

Thank you so very much to everyone who decided to throw their support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom