• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

punishment game vs sheik

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I can manage sheik in the neutral and if I can get a lead I can really push it vs most sheiks.

I've been getting really good at punishing every roll, shield, and whiff. I'm still meh at gimps and tech chases.

I've really started enjoying to reset at the tech chase with a delayed f tilt so I can really chase them down after they try to tech out of a corner.

I'm still debating best juggle and up throw options sometimes a really well spaced d tilt can make her whiff some grabs and poke back (low body turn)

Not sure if I should upair her 20 times hoping I don't mess up and they lose their 2nd jump or if I should dd and look for a nair to set it up with lower risk.

D throw is useless, even the srcubs sheiks and marth's are smart enough to jump or air out of it.

I really Wanta find the best use of up throw

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure u-throw just straight up combos Sheik, but it might be worth testing in training mode at low percents, or on 20XX with DI variations.

Up-throw already does 10%, so that should be your choice always unless you really need to get the enemy off stage with b-throw.

If you can land an uair, usually uair to nair/bair is the best. Uair to uair is not enough damage, considering the next follow up might not be guaranteed.

To be honest, Pichu players need to start using weak nair -> strong nair since it carries the opponent farther offstage, making the strong hit nair more effective.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I Wanta try bair nair instead to keep nair fresher for shield stun. Maybe nair fair up smash

Idk I have a lot of up throw ideas like up throw shffl nair regrab hitti ng nair on frame 6-7 where the hitbox is above him

Or sh fair if they di near by for a gimmick regrab

Full jump upair and follow them onto the platform and look for a f smash read or nair platform drop upair if they shield or something

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I'm good ish and honestly the best pichu players have very little to teach because they don't play pichu and have fake punishment or approaches at times like when You see a chain throw past 90 % that's fake as can be.

Pichu gains the most from a counter metagame being built around him so he has his mix-ups that can give higher rewards like when You start trying to fight gannon as falco, fox or sheik then he has waveland grab as a mix up to his fair where otherwise they just blanket cover him with things like sh ac bair and keep doing it even if it doesn't work once and gannon never gets a mix up

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pichu's best attribute is arguably being small (and fast) and hard to hit. Funny, but pretty true.

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
His nair game is viable but his punishment game isn't feel he has to be hyper aggro, but that doesn't mean impatient. Can cover 1/3 of fd with a move that plows through nearly all of fox, s approaches, hit a shield with frame advantage and be spaced so shine whiffs on top of it. No one but falco can do that and there's a difference thanks to pichu, s empty.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
from 0

up throw, nair, regrab / up tilt into nair / up air / fair pillar gimmick if on platform or up air.

rinse and repeat. sometimes you can get more nairs than usual depending on DI. just don't let sheik land and you can kill her without using up air too much.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
it is, but at times where you don't want to bother with people DI'ing up tilt you can just grab instead, if the person is close enough, of course. up tilt does combo into every aerial (at least nair and up air, those were all i tested but nothign would surprise me) pichu has at some point on all characters.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I recently posted in the Kirby boards about how you can beat bad players even if they use top tier characters by just abusing Kirby's dash dance grab and u-throwing a bunch.

Pichu can beat bad players by just nairing a bunch. Pichu's grab isn't quite as long-ranged as Kirby's, but it is still quite good for his character model size.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
even bad players can recognize that nair, while amazing, doesn't have the greatest disjoint and can be CC'd.

DD grab is okay but it usually relies on you being way better than the other person if it's raw.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You just nair people when they're moving to reduce the chances of crouch cancel. Uair breaks crouch cancel at about 40% too if I remember correctly.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
You Can cover all of sheik,s defensive options in the neutral if You nair better and can tell when to read, react and be proactive.

Seriously nair better is the ultimate Pichu advice

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
the problem is that it becomes a bit of a guessing game, and if pichu loses, he could lose the stock.
Actually you can react to a lot of Sheik's stuff, at least more than you think (obviously not something like f-tilt, but her movement can be adjusted to and positioned against). Fighting Jiggs is more of a guessing game because of her aerial drift, but Sheik is more limited in that her movement is more incremental rather than fluid.

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Pichu has tricks and gimmicks vs puff like with up-b, but they are all on reads but You can nair after her for a amount of stuff

Top Bottom