• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing Fox's Dash Attack

danieltheboi

Smash Rookie
So when Fox's do a "late" dash attack, or one where the ending dash attack animation goes back the shield so it's out of shield grab range, is there a way to punish that? Is it possible to WD OOS pivot grab or is that too slow?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I don't see WD OoS Pivot Grab being usefull for anything

Also I cant exactly picture the scenario you're describing. Where does Fox end up?

Last edited:

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I don't see WD OoS Pivot Grab being usefull for anything

Also I cant exactly picture the scenario you're describing. Where does Fox end up?
Sounds like the fox ends up behind a shielding Sheik. Assuming this I would say don't try for the shield grab and simply ftilt the fox then tech chase him until he crys.

Ministry

Smash Ace
in this scenario its better to not sheild and CC grab. if u are in sheild and he end up behind u, if u react fast enough you and upsmash OOS, or Nair oos.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Is it possible to WD OOS pivot grab or is that too slow?
No need for a pivot, but judging from fox's frame data
Dash attack

Total: 39
Hit: 4-17
IASA: 36
You should be able to get a grab. Given that fox lands behind you, you must be hit rather early. Let's say your're hit anywhere between frame 4 and 12 of his dash attack (I assume it might even be earlier), that gives you a minimum 3 frame leniency given fox uses the earliest possible shine on frame 37.
It would be interesting to see how late fox can hit you and still end up behind you. Perhaps there are situations where wd->grab wouldn't be guaranteed and only nair OOS would work.

Last edited:

hologram summer

Smash Cadet
at high percent instant bair oos works, other than that nair oos. if you're fast at reacting you can shield grab fox before he crosses you up I think. other option is to jump out of shield and land behind him with a falling fair

Top Bottom