• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing double laser from the ledge

Fabio the Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4613-0886
I've always had trouble punishing the double lasers from the ledge in the ditto. When they do the high lasers, I know i can just full hop over and bair and kill them, but when they do the lower ones, I stand there and shield and try to shine out of shield, but i always end up getting shined first. Halp?!

Vista_

Smash Cadet
Read it and full hop Dair above them

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
I've always had trouble punishing the double lasers from the ledge in the ditto. When they do the high lasers, I know i can just full hop over and bair and kill them, but when they do the lower ones, I stand there and shield and try to shine out of shield, but i always end up getting shined first. Halp?!
Shine OOS between the lasers. Falco's laser can be as much as +3 on shield and shine OOS requires the full 5 frames of jump squat before your shine hits, so they have an extreme advantage there.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
generally you can either run up on them (there's a certain distance where falcos will generally overshoot you whlie firing the lasers ) or preemptively jump over the lasers so that you land and punish the landing lag.

The best advice I can give OP is to look through VODs to see people's setups to punish it (so, you can search for any set where mang0's falco loses, for example).

You can also practice against the tech-spamming 20XX 4.05 cpu by letting it have ledge and just covering the double laser option, it's a little tedious, but it does all of its techniques from the ledge at random so you always have a chance to see it even if you're clearly in a position to punish it (ideally in friendlies your opponent wouldn't make such a poor option choice if you're in a position to punish it).

Oh, also, generally the side platforms are a good spot to be if you know how to quickly fall-through (see: shai dropping if you're dash dancing and isai dropping if you're landing or lasering) to punish. Like, falcos double lasering from ledge tend to land under or near the side plats.

GibranSalazar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gibran78
User was warned for this post
Get good

Pazukunous

Smash Rookie
If you expect it i would run up and shield but stay out of grab/shine range and just nair OoS after the first laser. If its low laser the sh nair will go over the second laser from the other falco and u will kinda gimp him since his jump is gone.

Powershielding them is the "i have huge balls" way and doing an usmash OoS is "im trying very hard" way so those are a couple options

Fabio the Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4613-0886
Shine OOS between the lasers. Falco's laser can be as much as +3 on shield and shine OOS requires the full 5 frames of jump squat before your shine hits, so they have an extreme advantage there.
yeah, that **** really ****s me up in the MU, i feel like it's one of my weakest points when playing against falco, I just didn't fully understand that there was such a disadvantage for me.

Top Bottom