• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PULTTI I - FINNISH MELEE NATIONAL - November 22nd, 2013 - Järvenpää

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Time for another Melee national in Finland! :)

When:

22-24th of November 2013

Where:

https://sites.google.com/site/tjukry/jaervenpaeaen-maja

Tuulimyllyntie 1, Järvenpää, Finland

THE VENUE CAN HOLD MAX. 40 PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO SLEEPING

There are showers & sauna at the venue and you can sleep at the venue also.

Public transport:

www.reittiopas.fi/en

Select "Järvenpää" for your destination

How to sign up:

Fill the following form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cDZnBXulwxtU3qQRFUdWCf5tOsSD7lKOTrYMhh28QKk/viewform

List of attendees:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArL6Cs-tquildHhxS0kwSE5JQXBQVjJjejBybTdQQkE#gid=0

TVs & Setups:

Fill the following form if you are bringing TVs or setups:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EKNJk-5L7fIJ4bbGxIKGBTwkyGXqMLa6QbOk-ksW4Kk/viewform

List of TVs & Setups:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArL6Cs-tquildGdWY3A5cWxsSVVwM3pqa3JlU0FkclE#gid=0

The tournament & fees:

Entry: 10 euros
Melee singles: 5 euros
Melee teams: 5 euros/ person

= 20 euros total

Ruleset:

-4 Stocks.
-7 minute time limit.
-Items off.
-Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
-Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Semifinals -> Finals.
-Bo7 Set only in Grand Finals.
-Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
-Bring your own controller.
-Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
-Stage Striking: Before the set players play a round of RPS (Rock-Paper-Scissors). Winner of RPS gets to strike the first stage. Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in following order: Player 1 strikes one stage, Player 2 strikes two stages, then Player 1 strikes one stage and the last stage available will be the one that the first match is played on.
-Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she has won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed.
Stage bans:
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  • For Best of 7 sets, DSRM is enabled for the 7th match, but the winner of the 6th match is allowed one stage ban, to be used after the 6th match is played.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None

The winnings:

Singles: top 1 60%, top 2 30% and top 3 10%
Doubles: 60% - 30% - 10%

Timetable:

Friday:

12:00 - Venue opens
22:00 - Crews? Stuff?
03:00 - Everybody goes to sleep!! No playing after this!! The venue will be packed and I want everyone to get minimium amount of sleep.

Saturday:

10:00 - Wake up ****ers! You can turn TVs louder etc.
11:00 - Doubles Pools Begin
12:30 - Break
13:00 - Doubles Bracket
15:00 - Food break (Let's order some food to the venue!)
16:00 - Singles Pools Begin
18:00 - Singles Bracket Begins
18:30 - Pools Dropout Bracket Begins?

Sunday:

15:00 - Start cleaning you lazy ****s
18:00 - Gtfo everybody

Tero.

Smash Champion
YES, YES!

I've been waiting for this. I will be there 100 %

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
How far is the venue from the airport, and approximately how much would it cost to get there?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
How far is the venue from the airport, and approximately how much would it cost to get there?

It's about 40 minutes in a bus from the Airport to the Helsinki center. 4,50 euros during the day and 6,00 during the night (if you arrive late between 2-4 am.). We can come pick you up from the railway station to the tournament venue :)

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. What's the schedule like for Sunday? I can get some reasonably cheap plane tickets to Helsinki, though I'd have to leave early (10:55am flight) Sunday. Just wondering if it's worth paying another ~€25 to stay a couple of extra hours on Sunday.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Sweet. What's the schedule like for Sunday? I can get some reasonably cheap plane tickets to Helsinki, though I'd have to leave early (10:55am flight) Sunday. Just wondering if it's worth paying another ~€25 to stay a couple of extra hours on Sunday.

Well there's no real schedule for sunday since the tournament is on saturday but the venue is booked all the way till monday at 8:00 so there's no need to people to leave early on sunday unless they want to.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO AN ISSUE WITH VENUE, I'M VERY SORRY ABOUT THIS =/

Vegard

Smash Lord
So who's coming? Me and possibly a few other Norwegians plan on making it, but I feel like I have no sense of knowing how big this tournament will be :)
I'm just saying this tournament has the potential to be pretty big if you want it to be, seeing as it's fairly cheap to fly in to Helsinki that weekend

Tero.

Smash Champion
Sweden is going for sure from what I heard so far
But an list with interested people would be good

mayhem

Smash Cadet
Finland has 17 players signed up atm and there will probably be like 15 more (people are always lazy to sign up in Finland for some reason). I asked Armada few days ago and he said that like 15 are coming from sweden (not Armada though :( ).

So if we add like 10 players from other countries I think there will be a total of 40-60 players and the venue isn't huge so it won't hold much more, but that is for Novi to decide how many is he willing to take to the tourney.

We have to hold a bigger tournament at somepoint in Finland, but it is hard to find a proper venue :S

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Finland has 17 players signed up atm and there will probably be like 15 more (people are always lazy to sign up in Finland for some reason). I asked Armada few days ago and he said that like 15 are coming from sweden (not Armada though :( ).

So if we add like 10 players from other countries I think there will be a total of 40-60 players and the venue isn't huge so it won't hold much more, but that is for Novi to decide how many is he willing to take to the tourney.

We have to hold a bigger tournament at somepoint in Finland, but it is hard to find a proper venue :S

40 is the absolutely limit the venue can take when it comes to sleeping

E: Updated OP

Vegard

Smash Lord
So what aobut using the DSR that says you can't pick any stage you've won on? This is what they're doing at most nationals now, and what they had at Big House 2

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm still interested. I'll try to figure something out and hopefully confirm soon.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Well don't exactly know how that one goes, but the "new" one prevents you from picking ANY stage you've won on in a set. Not just the last one which is stated in the rules here.

Tero.

Smash Champion
In germany we use "you can't pick your last COUNTERPICK stage again IF you won on it"

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Well don't exactly know how that one goes, but the "new" one prevents you from picking ANY stage you've won on in a set. Not just the last one which is stated in the rules here.

No, it's just the last stage they won on, and that's the rule that is going to be used in this tournament

The newest variation, known as "Modified DSR", states that a player cannot pick the last stage they have won on during the set, while any stages of previous wins are fair game.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Dave's_Stupid_Rule

Vegard

Smash Lord
Ok, so an Icies main can take me to FD two times in a set in a Bo5 lol.

anyway, can Leffen come to this?

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I'll be going. I'll confirm once I know how many of the Danish players that can make it. So far Eagle and I will be there and possible stelzig.

Vegard

Smash Lord
No, it's just the last stage they won on, and that's the rule that is going to be used in this tournament

The newest variation, known as "Modified DSR", states that a player cannot pick the last stage they have won on during the set, while any stages of previous wins are fair game.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Dave's_Stupid_Rule
I thikn this one is WAY better, and was also used in the last big tournament in Germany: -- You can't counterpick a stage you've already counterpicked AND won on.

Top Bottom