• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pugwest or Mr.E or Leo

Who's da best

• Mr.E

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Pugwest

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Leo

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

paez_dispenser

Smash Rookie
NNID
carmelpacman
these 3 are usually considered the best marth players. Let's decide which is the best one.

Pugwest:
Playstlyle:
slow and patient
Results:
18th apex 2016
17th evo 2016
Fun facts: Marss' bro, good at doubles

Leo:
Playstlyle:
aggressive
Results:
Won Smash factor 5
Fun facts:
Also mains MK and Cloud
Best Mexican player

Mr.E
Playstlyle:
In the middle of pugwest and Leo
Results:
Even record with zero
9th in Shine
5th at endgame

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I think you should include False since some of the Marths here consider his Marth to be among the best.
That being said, I do think Mr.E has the best Marth just because he has the best results among all the other Marths. Leo's is good but I see him more of a MK/Cloud player than a Marth player and Pugwest only seems to be at his best in doubles.

HartG21

Smash Cadet
Mr. E is generally considered to be the best Marth at the moment due to his results. Like you said he has placed 9th at Shine 5th at Endgame, you can also add 13th at EVO. Some might argue that Leo is the best due to his dominate dominance in Mexico, how ever he has yet to come to the US and compete. His results in Mexico and GOML (Get on my level) in Canada just aren't enough to justify him being the best marth IMO.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
I consider MK leo the best marth, simply on how good his fundementals and execution are. but mr E is still crazy good and has wins against every top 3 player.
Leo's is good but I see him more of a MK/Cloud player than a Marth player and Pugwest only seems to be at his best in doubles.
weird, i see MK leo's marth way more than i see his cloud.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Out of the notable Marth tournament mains right now in my opinion: Mr. E is the best results wise. I would say Pugwest is the most patient, Leo is great too. I personally think False might possible be the best Marth, he's the cleanest one out of them in my opinion. They're all great Marth players.

Last edited:

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Out of the notable Marth tournament mains right now in my opinion: Mr. E is the best results wise. I would say Pugwest is the most patient, Leo is great too. I personally think False is the best Marth, he's the cleanest one out of them in my opinion. They're all great Marth players.
false is the best ? care to elaborate ?

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
false is the best ? care to elaborate ?
False doesn't compete as much as the other Marths, but when he does play, he makes the quickest and most confident decisions in my opinion.The problem with Mr. E is that he becomes predictable sometimes, he has an issue with rolling and panic rolls, and getting punished. False has the best movement from what I've seen. Maybe I'm just biased since he plays a lot like my Marth, but idk, I just think False is the cleanest Marth out of the 4. He may not be the best, and he doesn't have as good of results, but if he competed as much as Mr. E does, more people would see how good he is. Mr.E definitely has the best results out of any Marth player though. Its hard to say

Last edited:

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I think that Leo is the best atm. Pug is great, but his results aren't too good by comparison, and I feel like does good when he's into the game, but he breaks down harder than the others when he's under pressure. I would also consider False to be one of the top marths, but as previously stated, he doesn't use him enough :(

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
Leo is currently the most threatening presence at the top level right now, and is quite possibly advancing the meta-game with his 3 mains - MK, Cloud, and Marth. With a winning record against Nairo, Dabuz, Mr.R, and Ally - Leo is indisputably the best Marth. No other Marth can come close to his results

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Anybody who considers Pugwest to still be at the top is sadly mistaken, right now for the most part, Pug is nothing more than second fiddle to Mr. E, who in turn is second fiddle to Leo. But if I had to give the most credit to one of them it would be Pugwest, who gets his results at top tournaments going solo Marth, while the other two use other characters to alleviate Marth's bad MU, Mr. E very rarely does this but still.

Last edited:

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
After Zero Saga I have no doubt about this question...

Top Bottom