• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pseudo_Sam's Guide to Becoming a Prophet

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
The ultimate guide for the future Prophet!

Wanna be liked? Wanna be paid attention to? Well, there's no better way to accomplish this than by becoming a prophet!

With this quick and easy guide, you'll be fooling gullible Smashers in no time!

Just try not to laugh when teh internetz explode after you deliver the bombshell!

Step 1: Explaining your knowledge
To really come off as the real deal, you need to be able to explain how you know so much about Brawl. Here are some easy tips:

- DON"T BE A TESTER! This method has been tried, and has failed
- Try to avoid saying you got the game on teh black marketz. This is not believable in the slightest
- Don't try to be a part of Sakurai's development team; this is idiotic and will result in the instant deconfirmation of what might have been a plausible prophesy
- Really, any excuse you could come up with is stupid, so try and avoid the subject all together. If pressed, say you can't tell them for fear of being hunted down by Sakurai's elite ninja squad

Step 2: The little things
Being an awesome prophet means paying attention to the little things. A sloppy prophet is a bad prophet. Remember:

- Stay consistent throughout your "leak" in regards to vocabulary and diction. Nothing screams "fake" like using perfect grammar in one sentence and then reading like a ******** monkey in the next
- Try and include subtle hints at things you know, but can't yet reveal yet for some reason. This adds an aura of mystique to your character
- Every once in a while, throw in the phrase "Ooh, I shouldn't be telling you this, but..." It makes the reader feel like you genuinely want to spill the beans
- CONSISTENCY IS THE NUMBER 1 PRIORITY! IF YOU CANNOT LIE, YOU CANNOT BE A GOOD PROPHET!

Step 3: The info
Finally, the most important step is deciding what to "reveal". To ensure maximum believability, follow these steps:

- Don't try and "reveal" too much. Just take it nice and slow - reveal some parts here, some juicy info there - try and restrain yourself from spewing out some insane 86-man roster
- Space out the info - meaning, reveal a little bit of everything. Don't focus on one specific facet of the game (characters, stages, ect.) Prove to them you're the real deal by demonstrating your knowledge of the ENTIRE Smash spectrum
- Refrain from dropping more than 1 bombshell. DO NOT TRY TO BE A HERO. One unexpected tidbit makes your "leak" interesting; more than one makes you look like an idiot
- Please, for the love of God, don't go throwing around obscure Japanese-only characters proclaiming them to be playable characters. This isn't because it's impossible, but because no one would like your roster and would thus label it as false
- If you are having trouble coming up with decent lies, you can always just tell them what we already know but re-word it somehow. This may fool the stupid readers, but the observant ones will quickly catch on, so use this only as a last resort
- At the end of your prophesy, tell them there's more info coming, even if there's not
- Do not say Master Chief is in Brawl

By following these easy steps, you too can join the ranks of some of the greatest liars of all time!

To demonstrate the proper usage of these techniques, I have put together my own little "prophesy". Observe:

Hello,

My name is Sam (for obvious reasons, I won't be telling you my last name). I won't tell you how I know what I know, because no matter what I say there will be those who don't believe me. I know that my info is correct, and you will too when the game hits the shelves.

First of all, I'd like to say that Brawl is a spectacularly fun game. It really does improve on Melee in almost every way. What I am about to tell you should get you really pumped for this game, but nothing will compare to the first time you actually play it. It is a true gaming masterpiece.

The following things are in no particular order, I'm just typing them from my notes:

- All characters from Smash64, with the exception of Ness, are back

- There are a total of 32 stages, 20 of which must be unlocked

- Wolf is NOT a playable character, but he does appear in SE

- Krystal IS a playable character. Surprisingly fast, uses staff thing a lot

- Ridley is an SE boss, Samus/ZS remains the only Metroid rep

- Marth returns, Roy nowhere to be seen

- 45 ATs, 30 Pokeballs

- Claus, Capt. Olimar, and Lucario all get the nod. Lucario replaces Mewtoo (don't know how to spell it)

- Stage builder rules. New templates (I.E. color schemes) can be unlocked over time

- Characters who got cut include: Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Ness, Falco, Mewtoo

- Every single one of the above charcters (except Roy) appears as an assist trophy/pokeball

I can't really tell you much more, only that there are many more characters than that. For various reasons, it is not smart for me to reveal them to you now. Just know that this is an awesome game, and that it is one every Wii owner should get as soon as possible.

Oh, allright. I really shouldn't tell you this, but I think you should know that LUIGI IS NOT A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! I was shocked to discover this, but alas it is true. He plays a major role in the SE, but cannot be unlocked. Sorry, Luigi fans.

More info pending...

See? It's as simple as that! Now just sit back and watch as the arguments erupt over the internet!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and SPREAD SOME RUMORS!

M.K

Level 55
You actually did a pretty bad job with your "prophet", I wouldn't believe you wouldn't know how to spell Mewtwo, which is pretty lame.

Fail!

Shuma

Smash Hero
You guide is long, too long. And you just need one step:

-Post a prophecy in on gamefaqs.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Hahaha

I thought it was hilarious.

Good job.

Subtle satire, on top of pure awesomeness, love it.

Buggswatter

Smash Rookie
Interesting thread. I know a couple boys from the Natti who agree...something about Killing Hip Hop. But thats beside the point.
A few more days and there'll be no more speculation.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
ERROR ERROR!

YOU CLEARLY SAID THAT ALL SMASH 64 CHARACTERS WERE RETURNING EXCEPT NESS! THEN AT THE END YOU SAY LUIGI IS NOT PLAYABLE? YOU'RE AN OBVIOUS FRAUD! LALALALALA! I'M GOING TO TOTALLY IGNORE THE FACT THAT YOU SAID RETURNING WHICH IS A VERY VAGUE TERM, AND COULD MEAN EVEN THE SMALLEST THING SUCH AS A SMALL APPEARANCE IN THE BACKGROUND OF A STAGE!

Nice thread. The mods might get a kick out of this as well.

okiyama

Smash Ace
The only thing that gets me is when a prophet's info is spot on and in sync with Dojo updates.

Like the one that guessed Dragoon.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
dont forget the line "i dont care if you guys believe me or not", despite them posting this stuff in the hope that people will believe them. that line is standard issue for any prophet!

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Heh, that's pretty funny. Unfortunately it will probably get locked because someone will actually take it seriously...

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
The only thing that gets me is when a prophet's info is spot on and in sync with Dojo updates.

Like the one that guessed Dragoon.
Well, someone has to get it right eventually. It's like the old proverb goes; if you leave a million Smash prophets in a room, one of them will eventually get it right.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This thread is hilarious. If it were posted, say, a month ago, it would have been ideal.

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
I notice the rumors usually originate from GameFAQs message boards for some reason. I'm starting to think all these Prophets are the same guy, trying over and over to get something right. As Pseudo Sam has pointed out, these attention ***** trolls really are quite obvious, and I can't believe some of you people fall for it again and again.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Ur Professy is rong!!!1 My insid sources told me all abot brwl! I can't tell you bout them cuz i'd lose my job, family, and home!!!! but ill tell u whos in brawll anywayz...

-Wigglytuff! yes Jigglypuff evolved!
-Pichu, the new pichu still does damage to itself, but now it has super strength and super speed!!! its totally high teir
-Lucario! more pokemans the better!
-Blaziken, he has fire punches and hes a chickn y wouldnt he b in brwl?
-I shouldnt tell you this... but the whole cast of starfox is in! Krystal, Wolf, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy! Peppy is is a bunny ans so hes even faster than sonic, and slippy jumps the highest
-mudkip! who doesn't love mudkips?
-theres some guy named Geno in but I've never heard of him or which Mario RPG hes in
-Mewtwo is the main villain and is playable again, but hes buffed!
-Captain Olimar iz in but has no pikmin
-Ridley!!!1 you unlok him by using samus in classic mode and beating it on very hard on your head
-Luigi is back and his final smash is marios... but GREEN!!!
-more pokemans too! I would tell you but I cant or onix would crush my sckull
-MASTER CHIEF you unlock him by putting your brawl disc in a 360
-NARUTO!!! hes the best character in the game, for his final smash, every else dies

and I really shouldnt tell you this.... butt
SAKURAI LIED ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE! ITS COMING OUT TOMMORROW??!!!

So can I be a prophet now? I worked really hard to mispell as many things as possible.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Ur Professy is rong!!!1 My insid sources told me all abot brwl! I can't tell you bout them cuz i'd lose my job, family, and home!!!! but ill tell u whos in brawll anywayz...

-Pichu, the new pichu still does damage to itself, but now it has super strength and super speed!!! its totally high teir
-I shouldnt tell you this... but the whole cast of starfox is in! Krystal, Wolf, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy! Peppy is is a bunny ans so hes even faster than sonic, and slippy jumps the highest
-theres some guy named Geno in but I've never heard of him or which Mario RPG hes in
-Ridley!!!1 you unlok him by using samus in classic mode and beating it on very hard on your head
-NARUTO!!! hes the best character in the game, for his final smash, every else dies

So can I be a prophet now? I worked really hard to mispell as many things as possible.
HOLY CRAP!

Can someone confirm all this?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

wtf u noob butt butt u stoel all ov that from me. and u r mising one info

-captain falcun is replaced by bowser jr i duno how its considred replacment but bowser jr got the f zero icon lol!!!!!

I pray to god that everyone knows I'm joking around too =P

Top Bottom