• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Help! - Changing Aerial Landing Subaction?

ZaTaisho

Smash Rookie
So, for awhile now, I've been trying to make it so that if you press a button during a character's N-Air, they will transition into another SubAction, and if they so happen to land during that SubAction, then they should use a new Landing Animation...

Although transitioning from N-Air to my new SubAction is easy enough, I'm having a hard time making it so that my character utilizes the new landing animation and NOT the N-Air animation.

Is there any way to make this happen WITHOUT replacing or using Action slots/Articles?

Last edited:

Montimers

Smash Apprentice
Yes, and it's pretty easy. You always enter in the N air Landing animation because the action of the AirN says do it so whenever the character lands AND if the bit is set, 12 or 16, I forgot.
Since you can't edit this action, you have to set a custom variable during the attack. Use LA-Float. Then, during the landing animation, set something like:

If: La-Float[xxx] == (your number)
Change Subaction: (new landing animation)
End if

You will have to reset this variable to any other value when your enter in air state or jump again, or it will read your new animation everytime you land, regardless of which was your last attack. Or even if you didn't even attack.

Use this thread to know which variable you have to choose: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74266.0

Start with a decresing order with the last free numbers if you are using vBrawl.

ZaTaisho

Smash Rookie
OMG, THANK YOU!
I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out.

How would I go about on resetting it?

Should I use Float Variable Set or Float Variable Subtract?

Last edited:

Montimers

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's a good question. Until you set a value to it, you don't know what previously value it had before, but doesn't matter. If it's a free variable, means it's not used anywhere else, so you just have to set any other value that's not the same one you used to change the animation. You know, just to prevent it from reading your new landing animation again. :)

ZaTaisho

Smash Rookie
YES! I got it to work now.
I just had to make sure that the requirements were set correctly using Comparisons.
Thanks Montimers, you've been a great world of help.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Posting here to bookmark in case of future reference.

Top Bottom