• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: Green Thunder Luigi v1.8

MrKrayz

Smash Rookie
Hello, I wanted to make my own PSA character thread.
I made this a while back, in august, but recently decided to work on it again after finding BrawlBox. I'm not good with version#'s but any previous versions in the PSA compilation thread are obsolete compared to this one.

Introducing Green Thunder (GT) Luigi

FitLuigi.pac:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tztzqjogez4

FitLuigiMotionEtc.pac:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ntdmzljj4c

Help:
Comments on damage
Comments on balancing? (fairness, non-broken)
If any single move is used too frequently, then its broken. (aside from AAA)
To a lesser extent, comments on graphics and animation choppiness.
I KNOW his face changes on certain moves, I think its fine.
Need help with images, I'll be editing for a bit.
I'll probably update again around Winter Vacation, as I have school projects to work on.

ChangeList:
Increased Dash Speed
Increased jumps to 3
Different Aerial Jump...Anyone remember Mario Bros. 2? I don't :|
Footstool - Does damage, strong downward trajectory
AAA - Third attack kick

AAB - Roll off a B-input after the second jab for a different third attack
DashAttack - Coin hits; The last attack can be cancelled/use a different attack
SideTilt - Hip
UpTilt - Uppercut, shield damaging move

DwTilt - unchanged, not going to change
SideSmash - Defribulator, Dr.Mario's Smash Attack

UpSmash - not going to change
DwSmash - Electricity added, probably going to revert to normal

Grab/Throws - ALL normal
FAir - spike move
DwAir - Tractor Beam: hits opponents upwards

other Air unchanged

Specials:
These specials[B, sB, FS] "slide" when used from the air. Choppy animation...but I'll leave it.
NeutralB - Lightning Gun: two targets appear dealing lightning damage. Targets only hit when Luigi says "Bang". Sliding allows possibility of hitting twice and easier aiming. Fingers also deal damage to offset the long animation time.

SideB - same as NeutralB, but double range

UpB - Landing animaton shocks opponents on nearby ground
DownB - Different Hit elements
Final Smash - Radiation Zone, a damage inducing move. Center of zone (luigi) deals massive damage.

UpTaunt - Force Lightning: calls thunderbolt, then sparks forward

STaunt - Windmill
DwTaunt - BodySlam/MiniCyclone: spins forward and shocks

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...Epic. Love the breakdancing- dude, that's Sonic! ._. I have GOT to learn to use BrawlBox.

MrKrayz

Smash Rookie
Yes the targets ARE difficult to use. You slide when using it in the air though (you can slide back and forth). AND, it spikes opponents in the air.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
H-his nose...

Actually this looks pretty cool. I love the idea of using his "bang bang" win animation/sfx as an attack.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
Yes the targets ARE difficult to use. You slide when using it in the air though (you can slide back and forth). AND, it spikes opponents in the air.
Yeah, but I feel like I'm playing a depowered luigi.... Since it's really quite easy to miss that and it makes you vulnerable and doesn't have the killing power to make it worth while.

Would be more interesting if the 'Bang Bang' did something similar to the masterhand's bullet barrage.

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I feel like I'm playing a depowered luigi.... Since it's really quite easy to miss that and it makes you vulnerable and doesn't have the killing power to make it worth while.

Would be more interesting if the 'Bang Bang' did something similar to the masterhand's bullet barrage.
ya i don't like fire targets, an actual finger gun would be cool...

MrKrayz

Smash Rookie
@Eldiran
Yeah, somehow, I first noticed it when swapping out his wait animation with damageElec. The face was already there in Luigi's PAC. Also, compliments on your Zero and Wisp PSA's.

@JamesRaynor, NeoTLKid
I'm not going to change the specials, think of it as a falcon punch.

@alanrom
You'll need Homebrew Channel, an SD card, and the File replacement Code
Your question/statement is really really vague though...so this probably isn't the place to start

General Note:
Can anyone confirm that the AAB combo works ok?

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
@Eldiran
Yeah, somehow, I first noticed it when swapping out his wait animation with damageElec. The face was already there in Luigi's PAC. Also, compliments on your Zero and Wisp PSA's.

@JamesRaynor, NeoTLKid
I'm not going to change the specials, think of it as a falcon punch.

@alanrom
You'll need Homebrew Channel, an SD card, and the File replacement Code
Your question/statement is really really vague though...so this probably isn't the place to start

General Note:
Can anyone confirm that the AAB combo works ok?
I think of it more like rest.

Dat Luigi Fan

Smash Rookie
how do i put this moveset in brawl? or how do i put this in brawl without changing luigi but using this as a separate character

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Green Thunder Luigi sounds like a cool concept... It's truly too bad that the OP is now inactive.

Top Bottom