• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA for Rosalina and Luma mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
In light of recent events, if you are a Rosalina and Luma main, you must do the following when you win or take a stock:
  • Always down taunt, as it is her most fabulous taunt
  • When someone insults you on FG or the ladder, change your tag to "MMMM Tears" or something along those lines (as suggested by Iron Kraken)
  • Wear Rosalina & Luma clothing and/or accessories while attending tournaments to generate even more salt
  • When you gimp someone, follow them down there and look as their eyes fill with despair as shown here

Please feel free to add more suggestions for more rage and/or salt inducing things to do as Rosalina and Luma! Since many people are going to give us flak for playing one of the most fun, gorgeous, and unique characters in the game, we might as well give them a good reason!

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I think it should become standard for any RosaLuma main to bring a salt shaker along to any tournament.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
People are only salty online, probably just sinceit potencially can be influencial towards patches.

Whirlpool

Fre$h
At the beginning of a match, make a Westballz comeback. For example, I'm going to lunar land till you can't stand. Then after mindblowingly destroying your casual opponent, take out your Luma pillow and shake salt on it.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I didn't expect this walking into this topic XD. I have a custom controller with a luma on it and when I get it out before my match people sometimes just give that annoyed sigh.. xD

One time I was in a tournament match and the guy noticed my controller and pins... I could tell he seemed bothered. He chose Marth and I was like " marth.. That's cool I totally want to chose Lucina and fight you! Buuut... Ill just chose Rosalina." XD and the look on his face almost made me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If only Nintendo sold this on some online store rather than kept it to Club Nintendo Japan.

They could sell them in packs so that Rosalina mains would be able to hand them out to defeated opponents. So they could wipe away their tears. :V

-----------------------

On a serious note, I wouldn't personally want to actively encourage salt, though it sometimes can't be helped.

I'd probably bring some sort of Rosalina merch regardless though, since I'm collecting it anyway.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!

If only Nintendo sold this on some online store rather than kept it to Club Nintendo Japan.

They could sell them in packs so that Rosalina mains would be able to hand them out to defeated opponents. So they could wipe away their tears. :V

-----------------------

On a serious note, I wouldn't personally want to actively encourage salt, though it sometimes can't be helped.

I'd probably bring some sort of Rosalina merch regardless though, since I'm collecting it anyway.
This is perfect, I'm definitely buying this now! We tried to be nice to them but our efforts have gone to waste and all we are met with is hate and disrespect, so you know what let's give them something to be salty about XD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

-----------------------

I would think that that towel would just be for decoration purposes.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
my friend does a little perler business on the side and he made me this. i can throw it like a ninja star.

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal

-----------------------

Wow, that is actually really cool. I'll have to get one. I try to collect Rosalina stuff but a lot of it is funky or rarely seen.
So thank you for showing me this, I wasn't aware of it.
I try to actually not provoke people to be honest... I actually started going to weeklies a little over a month ago, and I already get rained down upon with a shower of hatred for just choosing a character I like.. DX
But there is a few times I kind of just acted stupid. Like my post above. The guy was WAAAAYY too serious about it all.
My bag I hold my controller and 3ds in totally rep Rosalina all the way, and I alternate between bringing Rosalina and Cat Rosalina with me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, that is actually really cool. I'll have to get one. I try to collect Rosalina stuff but a lot of it is funky or rarely seen.
So thank you for showing me this, I wasn't aware of it.
I try to actually not provoke people to be honest... I actually started going to weeklies a little over a month ago, and I already get rained down upon with a shower of hatred for just choosing a character I like.. DX
But there is a few times I kind of just acted stupid. Like my post above. The guy was WAAAAYY too serious about it all.
My bag I hold my controller and 3ds in totally rep Rosalina all the way, and I alternate between bringing Rosalina and Cat Rosalina with me.
Yaaaay I'm not the only one collecting Rosalina merch!

I have:

-The Smash poster
-The Amiibo
-The Mario Galaxy Gashapon figure
-The Cat Rosalina and Rosalina Sanei plushies
-Cat Rosalina Furuta figure (my friend in New York is holding onto it right now though)

I'd love to get the facecloth but unfortunately it was exclusive to Club Nintendo Japan. Hoping I find it on sale somewhere, though. I'm aiming to more or less get all of the Rosalina merch, except for anything I deem not worth it (like that old plushie from a few years back).

I hope to see more stuff come out soon though. Still waiting on that Super Mario Edition Amiibo, Nintendo.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Yaaaay I'm not the only one collecting Rosalina merch!

I have:

-The Smash poster
-The Amiibo
-The Mario Galaxy Gashapon figure
-The Cat Rosalina and Rosalina Sanei plushies
-Cat Rosalina Furuta figure (my friend in New York is holding onto it right now though)

I'd love to get the facecloth but unfortunately it was exclusive to Club Nintendo Japan. Hoping I find it on sale somewhere, though. I'm aiming to more or less get all of the Rosalina merch, except for anything I deem not worth it (like that old plushie from a few years back).

I hope to see more stuff come out soon though. Still waiting on that Super Mario Edition Amiibo, Nintendo.
I have all the same except the last one (will have to go look it up o . o) I actually ran on ebay and found one of the cloth and bought it just after I saw the post XD)
That old plush was a bootleg so we will just say it doesn't exist XD.
I have seen there was a keychain from Mario Galaxy in japan that looked close to the gashapon figure. but I have only seen them go for ridiculous prices and the quality wasn't good.
Now I'm just waiting for the Mario Series Rosalina Amiibo. That one will be really cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have all the same except the last one (will have to go look it up o . o) I actually ran on ebay and found one of the cloth and bought it just after I saw the post XD)
That old plush was a bootleg so we will just say it doesn't exist XD.
I have seen there was a keychain from Mario Galaxy in japan that looked close to the gashapon figure. but I have only seen them go for ridiculous prices and the quality wasn't good.
Now I'm just waiting for the Mario Series Rosalina Amiibo. That one will be really cool.
I'm also mildly considering getting those trading cards of her from Japan, though I might end up having to get the whole set if I do.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I'm also mildly considering getting those trading cards of her from Japan, though I might end up having to get the whole set if I do.
That's the hardest part of card based stuff...
I wanted to get the Kid Icarus uprising cards but I gave up on that quick XD.
But for the Mario Galaxy cards... I would want them all cause Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games..
I have the hardcover guide, soundtrack (want the full one from club nintendo though), preorder collector's coin, just none of the cards...

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Warning Received
I bookmarked this thread for quick access once Rosalina gets nerfed. Seriously tho. This is cool. Usually mods are the ones who encourage people to avoid such childish actions but look at you lol. I guess you have to be an annoying person if you wish to main an annoying character And no. I'm not salty. Please spare me the "you're salty lol" comments. I have never played a decent Rosalina player and the saltiest I ever got about her was after watching the Dabuz vs. abadonga's match.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bookmarked this thread for quick access once Rosalina gets nerfed. Seriously tho. This is cool. Usually mods are the ones who encourage people to avoid such childish actions but look at you lol. I guess you have to be an annoying person if you wish to main an annoying character And no. I'm not salty. Please spare me the "you're salty lol" comments. I have never played a decent Rosalina player and the saltiest I ever got about her was after watching the Dabuz vs. abadonga's match.
>"i'm not salty"
>"the saltiest i ever got"

kk

I bookmarked this thread for quick access once Rosalina gets nerfed.
Likely not gonna happen. Ignoring that she doesn't even deserve a nerf even based on competitive play, Sakurai bases his balance changes mostly on intermediate play, not high level.

Barely anyone plays Rosalina at an intermediate level, so she isn't getting an alarming amount of For Glory wins or anything, and so she will remain untouched aside from the occasional random tweak like decreasing/increasing Luma's HP by 0.95476458975.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Warning Received
We thrive off of people like yourself, so please don't improve and stay forever salty

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
>"i'm not salty"
>"the saltiest i ever got"

kk

Likely not gonna happen. Ignoring that she doesn't even deserve a nerf even based on competitive play, Sakurai bases his balance changes mostly on intermediate play, not high level.

Barely anyone plays Rosalina at an intermediate level, so she isn't getting an alarming amount of For Glory wins or anything, and so she will remain untouched aside from the occasional random tweak like decreasing/increasing Luma's HP by 0.95476458975.
"The saltiest I got" I don't know how to explain this properly. But I meant that the amount of salt that hit me was minimum due to me not being the one who didn't have to endure what pro players have to face when playing vs. DaBuzz. So its really nothing.

And yeah, thought about that too, and your argument is simple and sound but I can't shake away the feeling that she'll be hit. I don't have a logical argument or anything, but I just know this will be the case. And only time will tell.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"The saltiest I got" I don't know how to explain this properly. But I meant that the amount of salt that hit me was minimum due to me not being the one who didn't have to endure what pro players have to face when playing vs. DaBuzz.

And yeah, thought about that too, and your argument is simple and sound but I can't shake away the feeling that she'll be hit. I don't have a logical argument or anything, but I just know this will be the case. And only time will tell.
She might get a nerf but it will be nothing game changing.

Last patch nerfed the knockback on her rapid jab finisher. It's still the best in the game though (and Luma's is possibly better anyway since it pops them up for combos). And it was always kind of just a "I let my opponent survive a little too long, might as well fall back on this for a quick KO" kind of move, and it still functions as that. They just need to be about 20% higher, which isn't a lot considering her and Luma's damage output (it can literally be a single shared attack between the two to make up the difference).

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
She might get a nerf but it will be nothing game changing.

Last patch nerfed the knockback on her rapid jab finisher. It's still the best in the game though (and Luma's is possibly better anyway since it pops them up for combos). And it was always kind of just a "I let my opponent survive a little too long, might as well fall back on this for a quick KO" kind of move, and it still functions as that. They just need to be about 20% higher, which isn't a lot considering her and Luma's damage output (it can literally be a single shared attack between the two to make up the difference).
Well, it might be as the same as what happened with DK. Two nerfs in succession with the second one coming out of nowhere.

We thrive off of people like yourself, so please don't improve and stay forever salty
Well, I'm glad I could be a reason for strengthening your resolve. Especially since you guys seem very enthusiastic about pissing people off and being the very best assholes out there. But I have to question your reading comprehension since I mentioned that I have never faced a Rosalina that was decent enough to get me salty.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, it might be as the same as what happened with DK. Two nerfs in succession with the second one coming out of nowhere.
Like I said, it will be nothing game changing. There isn't any data that would suggest much else being nerfed no matter what perspective you take. Worst I could see is her Up-Air being nerfed in knockback, but it's hard to hit the sweetspot as is, it's nowhere near as obnoxious as Diddy's U-air was in the past.

You use the word "nerf" in a way that implies nerfs automatically cripple characters. Rosalina has had quite a few things nerfed (and some things buffed) since launch, and she has always remained the character with the most potential in the game, pretty much always being S-tier to most people (I think she would have beat vanilla Diddy eventually on tier lists - she was really underdeveloped at that time, arguably still is underdeveloped).

It's literally two characters in one, so of course mastering how to use them in tandem is going to yield results. She's one of the hardest characters to use at a high level and even an intermediate level, and you are rewarded for putting the time in. It's a fair trade - work your butt off learning one of the highest potential characters in the game, and you will do well.

DK probably received his nerfs because he was deemed too good in FFA's in with casual players or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom