• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: Dthrow>up smash is pretty great

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Yesterday at my local monthly, I fought practically everyone in the venue. One thing that worked on ALL of them was Dthrow>up smash. I didn't get the chance to try it on any fastfallers, but it worked on Marth, Peach, Sheik, Lucario, Game&Watch, Samus, and Jigglypuff. Varying percents for varying weights, but I think it's reliable even if used as a mixup instead of Fair or regrab. I haven't been able to test if the correct DI prevents it, but considering the Pit matchup is so rare for people, I don't find much risk in using it. (Unless you get rested by Puff)

Mullkaw

Smash Rookie
I d-throw u-smash all the the time with Pit, so naturally my opponents have learned to DI away and SDI away to escape. Fast-fallers I believe can tech roll away.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Yeah I figured they'd be able to. I just try to use it rarely so it's not predictable

Life

Smash Hero
Yeah, it fails on DI away. If you see the bad DI, though, go for it every time. ~25% or whatever and it pops them up.

In particular, since GnW escapes our chaingrab by DI'ing in, you can get it on him fairly easily.

Top Bottom