• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PS3 "hackwards" compatibilty?

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
If you've seen my older signature and clicked on the right link, you might have found out that I've been searching for a PS3 with backwards compatibility for under $80 with minimal issues (YLOD is the worst I'll take).

No dice.
So instead, I've decided to go the fishy route and get any old fat PS3 and give it CFW and go that route, a route that I like to call "hackwards compatibility". However, all I can find is ripping a PS2 game and wrapping the vanilla ISO in a creamy PS2 Classics coating.
I don't want that. I want to put a plain vanilla PS2 disc into the PS3 and let it run. Is it even possible with custom firmware to make a PS3 believe that a plain PS2 disc is a PS2 Classics game? (Forget the ice cream stuff.)

Top Bottom