• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

xxxxxxxxxx

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just a heads-up: if you spoiler videos, it reduces their quality significantly and makes them look like they're recorded by a tin can powered by a potato battery.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
is there anyway to make them not tiny but still keep them as spoilers/something similar?
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do that. There might be a way to, but I haven't found it.

EDIT: All of the commands are here. You could just post the link to the videos below or above the description of your findings, or you could directly embed the media and deal with the size. You can play around with your formatting to see what does or doesn't work for you.

EDIT 2: If you wanted to see it, here is the page that describes how to embed a video.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
By the way, it looks like they fixed some of the horrible video quality for spoilered content. Smashboards rejoice, we can now spoiler videos without sacrificing quality!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
i found something kind of newish and ill make a video of it this weekend
stay tuned boys
Cool. I'll be at Disney this weekend (about time, last time I went was New Year's 2003-04), so I'll probably not be available at all times, but I'll look at it as soon as I can. I'm excited for what you accidentally found this time!

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I'll be at Disney this weekend (about time, last time I went was New Year's 2003-04), so I'll probably not be available at all times, but I'll look at it as soon as I can. I'm excited for what you accidentally found this time!
Disney Spring Break hype!

Have fun at the Space Animal kingdom
Challenge people in line to Space Animal Mountain to moneymatches for their fastpass

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Single hit nair -> fsmash actually works on Puff? I can't wait to use that.
Great video

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Disney Spring Break hype!

Have fun at the Space Animal kingdom
Challenge people in line to Space Animal Mountain to moneymatches for their fastpass
Space Animal Mountain broke down right before I could ride it for the second time. They couldn't handle the single-hit Nair into grab.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, just decided since this is a thread about Falcon-specific stuff, I'll put a video posted by Magus, the God of Melee('s frame data) on Falcon's auto-sweetspot. I've never found use for it because every time I try using it I get Battlefielded, but it's interesting nevertheless and more people should know about it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cOUEL9uic

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
How are you calculating hitstun from single hit nair? Because I'm getting different results.

your results

hitstun of single hit nair on characters:
(falcon 16)
(fox 11) (unreliable)
(falco 14) (unreliable)
(mario 23)
(marth 23)
(peach 23: CAN ACT OUT OUT ON FRAME 24 /before landing/)
(samus 23: CAN ACT OUT ON FRAME 24-25 /before landing/)
(puff: 29)

my results

falcon 18
fox 20 (lands and actionable on 16)
falco 20 (lands and actionable on 19)
mario 18
marth 19
peach 19
samus 18
puff 21

Sizzurp

Smash Rookie
Protato, that crouch cancel video..

Oh mai gaw... the applications for this are all over the place. Jab resets from hella far away now...the Captain can get there. WOW. This is so cool, thanks for sharing.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
idk how you are getting these results, what im doing is counting frames when P2 is blue (using 20xx) and startup frames (NOT freeze frames)
im not including landing lag tho

i also finished the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L6H4UnvPINZ727Zj67u7vqDCpDOGuLZaRCdGENR0NLM/edit?usp=sharing
I checked out 20XX and it doesn't display hitstun accurately. Those startup frames you are talking about are just hitstun frames, idk why 20XX doesn't turn them blue. 20XX does not tell you when they can jump out and instead will keep them blue before they transition into Fall or land.

To see hitstun accurately you should get magus' debug feature or use frame advance and hit x/y one frame, then tap up the next frame repeatedly until they jump out, or there might be a 20XX command that makes them do it I dno.

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
youre a god

edit: is there a way to calculate when/if they will land and be actionable?
theoretically yes, but I don't know exactly how melee translates a knockback value to a velocity value and how it decreases each frame. it'd be easier to just test each character manually.

Sizzurp

Smash Rookie
Hey protato, if we have questions about certain stuff we think we might have found, is it cool to pose them here? I don't wanna hijack your thread if that ain't part of your plan here :D

Last edited:

Sizzurp

Smash Rookie
Nevermind, it was basically covered in your stickywalking vid. The only difference was that instead of cancelling a stickywalk with a dash in the direction captain is facing, you cancel it the opposite way. He accelerates very quickly, so much so that I thought I had uncovered some way to make him go faster, but I think its just camera tricksies. He goes so fast that the camera has to catch up. But you guys are the true wizards of might and magic, so you guys would be able to find all those details. If it interests you I can try to explain my inputs.

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
im thinking about making a dash/run speed comparison video next
thoughts or ideas?
Eh. I don't see why falcon players are focusing so much on running, spending time on things like cactuar dash and CC'ed tilts/jabs/pivots etc. I don't see falcon players spending a lot of time in the run state. Almost everything I do in a game is out of a dash.

But what do I know? I hardly ever run in games, maybe someone should explain to me why its a good thing.

Last edited:

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Eh. I don't see why falcon players are focusing so much on running, spending time on things like cactuar dash and CC'ed tilts/jabs/pivots etc. I don't see falcon players spending a lot of time in the run state. Almost everything I do in a game is out of a dash.

But what do I know? I hardly ever run in games, maybe someone should explain to me why its a good thing.
Gotta go fast

Top Bottom