• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proposition for PM 4.0 : Kirby's Inhale upgrade

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, I main Kirby in Project M and I came to wonder a thing : What if the Inhale were actually more useful ? Only copying the Neutral B is no fun (and useless in some cases), I'm coming up with an idea :

When Kirby Inhales someone, he doesn't only copy his Neutral B, but he gets modified caracteristics depending on the caracter he ihnaled.

For exemple, let's say Kirby inhales Fox. Fox is fast, so, Kirby sees his speed increasing.
Ganon hits hard, so Neutral jab of Kirby becomes the same as Ganon's and he hits a little harder (More Knockback/damage of the Up air for exemple ?)
Jiggly is floaty, Kirby becomes as floaty as her.
Lucas got an op Up Smash ? Give Kirby the same ! (or something different ?)

And so go on, you got the thing. I think it's entirely possible, and could be a real buff to Kirby, and that would made A LOT of stuff to learn and to discover. In a match, using Inhale isn't for copying, it's only used as a Air Grab, I think the copying can be much more useful than that.
The originality of this is up to the PMBR.

So what do you guys think about that ?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Ive thought of this before, i dont think it would get in just from programming issues. But I quickly changed my mind just because now im stuck with a whole new character just because I want a power. I mean sure, it looks good in the short run, but when you really look at it in the long term... what if something in default Kirby is good for the matchup as well as the Copy Ability.

If someone who really knows how to use all copy abilities and all of the matchups can make it work so Kirby only gets benefits from copy then sure I would love that. But if its narrowly, for example, "Oh, when Kirby copies DK, he should hit harder" or something... how does that affect his neutral game, combo game, punish game, etc.

Id actually like it if the changes were purely aesthetic. For example, if Kirby copy's Pikachu some moves produce an electric property. Or if Kirby copies Yoshi, he gets an egg shield... only its purely aesthetic so it acts just like Kirby's still. Though thats just my opinion on it.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I dunno... those attributes would be pretty hard to code and stuff. If I got to design Kirby and knew everything there was to know about Brawl modding, I would make more of Kirby's moveset come from his copy abilities in his games instead of having a bunch of generic kicks taken from Fighter Kirby. :p

Last edited:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'd only want attributes from some characters. Like getting Lucario's OHC system or Fox's run speed. I feel like alot of characters might end up changing Kirby for the worst by messing up his combos and such. Ultimately though, this would be a pain to program and Kirby is already a pain to program so I wouldn't expect it.
I dunno... those attributes would be pretty hard to code and stuff. If I got to design Kirby and knew everything there was to know about Brawl modding, I would make more of Kirby's moveset come from his copy abilities in his games instead of having a bunch of generic kicks taken from Fighter Kirby. :p
IDK, I'm struggling to imagine changing any other Kirby moves on his A attacks. Well I can imagine sword, but then we'd be giving Kirby Meta Knight attacks.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
IDK, I'm struggling to imagine changing any other Kirby moves on his A attacks. Well I can imagine sword, but then we'd be giving Kirby Meta Knight attacks.
What about Needle for his N-Air? Water as a U-Smash? Parasol U-Air? Ninja's Blossom Storm as a D-Smash? They could easily work if we had the resources for them.

Chino

Smash Rookie
I think a minor change would be better. Just a simple move change that would help him in match ups where Kirby struggles.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
To be honest, while ideas like this sound cool, they will never happen. This is coming from experience. You can go look on the Dorf boards. I tried to come up with a Neutral b replacement in 3.02. In the end, its too crazy and complicated. Its also usually unnecessary.

There are many ways you can buff inhale, but I don't think this is the way to go.

Jinjo64

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, while ideas like this sound cool, they will never happen. This is coming from experience. You can go look on the Dorf boards. I tried to come up with a Neutral b replacement in 3.02. In the end, its too crazy and complicated. Its also usually unnecessary.

There are many ways you can buff inhale, but I don't think this is the way to go.
Bionicle the movie is amazing. Also I'm hoping for some good changes in *3.6. I feel like Kirby lost some of his mojo from 3,02.

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
3.6 is the next version dude... I think Kirby is in a good spot. I would appreciate more useful other throws besides down and back and maybe down air buffs, but Kirby seems fine.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
If they gave him more ground and air speed, brought back the ability to waveland out of Cutter Dash, and made U-Throw kill around 160, Kirby would be all set.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Inhale's fine guys. I dont want to give the PMDT the wrong idea that we all think Inhale should be buffed.

Last edited:

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
You know what I'd like? Slightly faster ground speed over all. Its already the best command grab in the game attached to a character with a bunch of jumps. If you imagine for a second buffing and nerfing characters is like spending a power budget - and jamming anything meaningful into his swallow would spend power that could be better spent making small, but consistent upgrades to his neutral kit - if indeed he requires any.

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
You know what I'd like? Slightly faster ground speed over all. Its already the best command grab in the game attached to a character with a bunch of jumps. If you imagine for a second buffing and nerfing characters is like spending a power budget - and jamming anything meaningful into his swallow would spend power that could be better spent making small, but consistent upgrades to his neutral kit - if indeed he requires any.

100% agree with this.
I wouldn't mind more aerial speed as well but i doubt that would happen. A man can dream tho.

Top Bottom