• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proof That Melee is Scripted

d.dukat

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3729-3317-1888
So, I know what you’re thinking. Melee is an upstanding, competitive game which features the best Melee players. With so many inputs, so many different possibilities per move, how can it possibly be scripted? Hear me out here.

In order to dig into this mystery, we have to move outside the realms of Smash itself. In fact, the truth is beyond our world, even beyond comprehension. In order to truly understand exactly how Melee is scripted, we have to turn to a field seemingly devoid of anything Smash Bros. related. We have to turn to Quantum Mechanics.

A new discovery in the field of quantum mechanics presents an idea based on quantum superposition. Quantum superposition is a phenomenon in which a single particle can appear to be in two places at the same time. However, scientists have never been able to observe this phenomenon.

Now, I know at this point you’re preparing to take this thread down for being unrelated to the topic. I promise you it’s 100% relavent.

In an attempt to observe this phenomenon, Yakir Aharonov suggested that deductions be made before measurements are made. This approach is called the two-state-vector formalism, or TSVF for short.

And I bet you’re wondering how this all pertains to Melee and it’s script. Well, this is where it gets good.

The TSVF, in order to work, must assume that quantum mechanics applies both forwards and backwards in time, meaning that causes can come after effects. This means that, from our perspective, these events are already scripted, as the cause is predetermined and we witness the effect. And, according to the butterfly effect, these occurrences on a microscopic scale will “ripple,” causing macroscopic changes. In specific, this implies that all of life’s events are on a script.

With Melee existing within the realms of life, one must conclude that Melee is indeed scripted.

Source:
Ball, Philip. “Quantum Physics May Be Even Spookier Than You Think.” Scientific American, Scientific American, 21 May 2018.

Last edited:

TOVL

Smash Cadet
It's written in the script that I'll win the next ECE local I attend after months of the script preventing me from going and winning. Tafo told me that if I gave him $20 + tax he'd write it in, so it must be true!

Top Bottom