• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project64k for Mac (download)

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet
Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/wb49o4hy2lx/n/Project64k_0_13_zip

I've created a wine wrapper to make it easier for mac users to play project64k for the mac. It's extremely buggy on my system, but it works for at least one game (works only once for me, before it just crashes). Just download, unzip, open it, then change options to what I've got on this screenshot:

Also, as always, remember to set your rom directory before going online!

Current known issues/bugs:
- Only can play one game of smash before emulator crashes ( just restart :ohwell: )
- The app won't remember options/controls you've set
- Some of the buttons will cause the emulator to crash (rom selection, under settings for example)

If you get any issues other than these, please post below and I will try to troubleshoot as best I can. The ones above I believe are caused by some deep-rooted bugs in the way wine is integrated with mac. I spent a few hours trying to work them out, but I've not been able to find anything.

If there are any linux players having trouble setting up wine, I'd be happy to give you the folder for the project64k that I used to get it working on mac.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
nice, at least it will work for ppl with apple products

btw, the winxp version works fine on linux via wine

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I have been waiting for something like this to come out for forever. Do you ever think you will be able to weed out the bugs?

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet
There is an mupen64k (online version) that I have which works slightly better (iirc). In fact, that is where I got the plugins that worked with the mac. I can upload that as well and post a link if you want, but I couldn't find anyone using mupen online anyways, everyone was using project64k. Of course I wasn't looking that hard considering I get about 10fps playing it offline on my crappy laptop :eek: .

The bugs are with the wine-mac window creation/deletion I believe, as far as I can tell there isn't much chance of them getting fixed short of a miracle (someone else fixing it) or me fixing it in wine itself, which I can try if there is enough demand, since I am on a break atm. There are some other warnings and stuff but I think that is the main issue.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Downloaded the emu but it won't allow me to change any controller settings? Nor will it recognise any of my controllers that are compatible with Macs :/

M4TT

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the bump, but I just got this to work, my controller works as well, make sure you select it in the dropdown menu

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just downloaded this on my Macbook Pro with the correct settings already selected but it doesn't work. Is there a better version of project64k for the mac or is this the only one?

M4TT

Smash Cadet
Does the app not open? Can you at least see the first pop up window? Where is it giving you an error?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Does the app not open? Can you at least see the first pop up window? Where is it giving you an error?
I actually just downloaded project64k and the rom separate and it works perfectly. I just need to set the controls. I have a gamecube usb adapter with 2 ports and a wire that allows you to connect the n64 controller to gamecube ports.

Last edited:

Quique15

Smash Rookie
Got everything downloaded but I get this error message "current controller dll could not be used please select another one" I'm using a mac by the way

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Got everything downloaded but I get this error message "current controller dll could not be used please select another one" I'm using a mac by the way
Please try to use a software like VMWare to emulate a windows PC on your Mac.
I don't know if it works but it would be nice to give it a try.

Quique15

Smash Rookie
i already have wine running it and its doing the job. the game comes on and everything but its only that error i seem to get. any idea why?

Dwreck

Smash Cadet
I play on Mac with OS Yosemite and it's flawless. I helped write the mac part of this guide and it's exactly how i set up my netplay.

docs.google(dot)com/document/d/1-rucRVGZcblagIwZtdc5dGeDUmPJFluVDeLDzzShPxI/edit

if you need visual instructions this is the video that helped me originally set mine up youtube(dot)com/watch?v=ts6Sap7poJI

Nicholas Scalzi

Smash Rookie
I had this setup all perfectly before, and then someone played with it and I had to re-install it.

I am getting the same controller error (it won't even let me select "configure controller plugin")

Any solutions? Or just buy a Windows cas macs suck

Uair

Banned via Warnings
SOLVED
had to download a different project64, the one recommended by pidgezero/the dude who made it for mac:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-rucRVGZcblagIwZtdc5dGeDUmPJFluVDeLDzzShPxI/edit

It is also posted somewhere else on here
What was the problem, what plugins were you using and are using now? Do jabo's plugins work for you I think I remember people having to use Glide64 or Rice(a lot faster) to run wine unless it's fixed whatever problems it had.

Also mupen64++ will run a lot better with wine for mac if you have crashing issues with PJ64k.

Nicholas Scalzi

Smash Rookie
Jabo Direct 3D8 1.6
Azimers Audio v 0.30 (old driver)
N-Rages Direct-input 8 V2 1.83
are the ones I use currently (and work for me). sorry i don't have the old ones, i deleted them but from memory:

Jabo Direct 3D7
same audio
N-Rages Direct-input 8 V2 2.1

but it was the project64k bundle that is near the top of the google search.

I have no crashing issues actually, but yet to get online for any length of time, no damn people to play in my area, and australia is far away as F--- from everyone. I have a mupen64++ ready to go if it gives me rage.

Thanks for your help though (I will try that rice thing when i have a spare time)

Codu456

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the bump, but I just got this to work, my controller works as well, make sure you select it in the dropdown menu
Will it work if i just use my keyboard? can i connect other nintendo controllers?

Top Bottom