• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Sora is no more.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
July the 10th at 9:56 pm central some fancypants translated news from the Project Sora site: http://andriasang.com/con1vs/project_sora_closed/
Well, I guess Sakurai is really going all out with this Namco Bandai thing, but that gets me curious yet again. Just who in the heck exactly is he working with??! Who is he taking from his old team, and who is he getting help with from other developers?!?? Ah well, I guess we can find out in the credits.
Oh, and what are they going to do with that beautiful studio?!
Sora LTD still exists though, as pointed out by a commenter on the linked page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They only worked on 1 project. Kid Icarus uprising.

This isn't much of a tragedy...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Project Sora was a joint effort between Sora, Ltd. and Nintendo to develop Kid Icarus Uprising, but apparently had plans for SSB4.

seems that now, SSB4 is a collaboration between at least Sora, Ltd. and Namco Bandai. not sure if Nintendo itself will contribute somehow to the game.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh dear, it looks like someone ninja'd my thread, using a different source, and just recently it was published in the news. Ah well, next time I get the hot tip first, I'll make sure to contact the proper people rather than brazenly and passionately buckling to my elation. Ah well, I have the great hope that no harm will come of this. I swear on my honor that I did not see it up on the news tab until just very recently (in the past 30 minutes) despite my constant frequenting of said tab.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Project Sora consisted of one member, Sakurai himself. All the workers for Uprising were from other branches of Nintendo, with Sakurai's Sora Ltd. studio acting as the home base. There are no specific developers that are a part of a "Team Sora."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Project Sora consisted of one member, Sakurai himself. All the workers for Uprising were from other branches of Nintendo, with Sakurai's Sora Ltd. studio acting as the home base. There are no specific developers that are a part of a "Team Sora."
Huh. Really? I thought a certain Sakurai put an ad out in Famitsu or something looking for members for the project. Maybe I'm just remembering the 2009 article wrong.

I could have swore there were multiple members and the 'Sakurai-only' thing applied to Sora Ltd. only.

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Project Sora has no members by itself since the people who worked on Uprising were a collective whole, but no "employees" since it isn't the studio itself.

I think we're basically saying the same thing here overall though.

I'm not sure if Sora Ltd. only has Sakurai as a member.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Project Sora has no members by itself since the people who worked on Uprising were a collective whole, but no "employees" since it isn't the studio itself.

I think we're basically saying the same thing here overall though.

I'm not sure if Sora Ltd. only has Sakurai as a member.
It's Sakurai and his assistant. Sora Ltd. has exactly 2 employees, according to multiple Google searches.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wonder if this means that after Smash WiiU and 3DS' development, Masahiro Sakurai and his assistant will leave Nintendo.

Probably not, especially since Nintendo has basically granted Masahiro Sakurai artistic freedom to do whatever he wants (as long as it makes money), but it is possible.

Top Bottom