• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Plus

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I just found out about Project+

Should I bother with it if I'm just a casual Project M enthusiast? I mean yeah... I've got PM 3.6 loaded on my Wii but I actually prefer 3.5.

Narpas_sword

Im not sure what answer you're expecting from other people here.

Are you interested in playing it? Yes/no/unsure?

If yes > get it
if no > dont get it.
If unsure > read more about it and decide, or get it and try?

Lots of places have picked it up as their tournament game. But it's a beta and subject to change/final release still. It's really on you to decide what you will get out of it as a 'casual enthusiast'

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
All the PM players that I know have moved on to P+. It's pretty baller & Knuckles.
Balance is cool. More stages are cool.

Personally, it's kinda nice to be somewhat vindicated by its existence, lmao.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's f'in great. Play Wild mode (it's in special smash) on Big Blue

Last edited:

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Knuckles was only added to make P+ barely anything more than a LTE build with the cast rebalanced.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
There are plenty of mods for PM with half-baked characters that the announcer just calls 'SPECIAL'. Is this another one of those?
No, Project Plus isn't half-baked at all. It's just as polished as any of the previous Project M revisions.

I can't give a comprehensive review for a couple of reasons. First, I don't own a PC powerful enough to run the Dolphin emulator so I've only experienced the lite version of Project+ on real Wii hardware. Second, to get my fighting game fix nowadays I've mostly turned to Street Fighter V on the PS4 or 1990's era 16-bit fighting games via emulation.

By the way, Street Fighter V is a free treat this month for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

On the topic of retro: Recently I took a 10 year old desktop Dell PC and set it up primarily for SNES and Genesis fighting games. Running the Snes9x and Kega Fusion emulators respectively to play such classics as Super Street Fighter II and Weaponlord. Both look better than ever thanks to BRZ shaders - those plugins almost make them look like modern games. I even ordered this sweet Sega Saturn replica USB controller specifically for 90's era fighting games. Needless to say, I'm in heaven!

https://i.imgur.com/cnfjlxm.jpg?1

Top Bottom