• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Playhem Weeklies #8 - Livonia, MI (4/16/15)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thanks to everyone who came out! With 32 entrants we were able to do an exciting 5v5, Mewtwo vs Mewtwo Crew battle with the players that placed in top 10.

Singles - 32 Entrants
1. LOE1 - :4luigi::4wario2: - $88
2. LouRich - :4sonic: - $48
3. Ksev - :4fox: - $16
4. Nom -:4alph: - $8
5. Razz - :4luigi:
5. PzO - :4sheik::4diddy:
7. Zyth - :4sonic::4dk:
7. Pulse|Ori - :4sheik:

Project Playhem Weeklies #8
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LOE1
$96.00
2nd
LouRich
$48.00
3rd
Ksev
$16.00
4th
Nom
5th
Razz
5th
PzO
7th
Zyth
7th
Pulse|Ori
9th
Amiiboking
9th
Ramzy
9th
exJORDANary
9th
GS|Wiidude83
13th
Nick
13th
Fw. Wavez
13th
GS|Dkdudeman
13th
Iceman
17th
TheMann
17th
SETHsational
17th
Outfoxd
17th
Rog
17th
Raging Meerkat
17th
Jake
17th
JTSM
17th
FS | d2b
25th
Hero Ham
25th
Kasey Kagami
25th
Pokemane97
25th
IceCreamMane97
25th
Meatbeef
25th
Gunson
25th
Nibble
25th
New Main

Mewtwo Crew Battle

Swange It Out
- LouRich, Ori, Zyth, Nom, Iceman
vs​
Da Mew Crew - LOE1, SETHsational, Wiidude83, Razz, Ramzy

Matches
G1: Ori (2) vs Wiidude (2) - Winner Wiidude
G2: Nom (2) vs Wiidude (1) - Winner Nom
G3: Nom (2) vs Ramzy (2) - Winner Nom
G4: Nom (2) vs LOE1 (2) - Winner LOE1
G5: LouRich (2) vs LOE1 (1) - Winner LouRich
G6: LouRich (1) vs Razz (2) - Winner Razz
G7: Zyth (2) vs Razz (1) - Winner Zyth
G8: Zyth (2) vs SETHsational (2) - Winner SETHsational
G9: Iceman (2) vs SETHsational (1) - Winner SETHsational
Winner
Da Mew Crew Wins 10-9
Stats
Nom/SETHsational tied for the most stocks taken (4 Stocks)
Iceman/Ramzy tie for least stocks taken (0 stocks)

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
I thought we were going to see a Mewtwo main that places pretty well. But the Mewtwo Crew Battle made up for its sheer silly experiences, I guess. I'll almost guarantee you my arrival at Rebirth. Hopefully early for friendlies to work on my Mewtwo.

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
Felt SO MUCH BETTER about this week than last week. Really am happy with how I placed and looking forward to rebirth. Anyway, shout out time!
Jake- The man who took me out last week. I was happy to see my training to fight your megaman went as I hoped, but dud,e that yoshi threw me for a curve ball. Really close game 3. Nicely done!
Ori- DUDE, GG's man. 3 Really close games and I felt much better about this set then our last one. I always have fun fighting you in bracket as those are sets I really am thinking through the entire match and it feels like a tug of war the whole time. and trust me man, I'm not dropping him
Iceman- GG's and it was to finally fight you in bracket, but you did go for too risky off stuff in our match and I was able to play my projectile game. I'd say maybe work on trying to be more safe especially on characters like toon.
Zyth- Fun to fight you finally, and I do need to work on fighting sonic more, especially by the ledge...also....i like delfino if you couldn't tell. lol
DKDudeman- Awesome practice in doubles with you man. AND WE NEED TO FREAKING TEAM AT REBIRTH!!!
Icecream- For giving me a ride and chating throughout the night along with his brother.
LOE1, SETHsational,Razz putting in work in the crew battle....though ramzy....bruh....

But I think personally, Shoutouts to Toon Link. After the patch I was debating if I was going to be able to keep playing as him and if I would have to drop him. Which would suck since He's been my guy since 08. I was actually pretty depressed wensday thinking that was going to be the case and this and rebirth would be the test if I could keep him. This bracket proved to me I still have it with and he's not going anyway. So get ready for more boomerang hell in the future!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
:213: Video Thread! :213:

First, I want to apologize for the audio issues. I apparently switched the webcams from last week, which is why the commentator's wasn't synced. I made a note of it.
Secondly, if anyone has comments or concerns about my stream, please tell me. I do listen, I don't always act on what people say, but I do listen and consider.
Lastly, sorry for no video thread last week! I completely forgot and lazy and something???

First Round:

D2b vs Zyth
Ramzy vs Meatbeef

Winners R1:

Ramzy vs Nom - Must watch!

Winners R2:

Zyth vs LouRich
Ramzy vs PzO
Pulse | Ori vs Ksev

Winners Semis:

LOE1 vs LouRich
Ksev vs PzO

Winners Finals:

LOE1 vs Ksev

Losers R6:

LouRich vs Razz

Losers Semis:

LouRich vs Nom

Losers Finals:

LouRich vs Ksev

Grand Finals:

LOE1 vs LouRich

Mewtwo Crew Battle! - (Beware of audio delays from commentator!)

Shoutouts:

Kyle for the massive donation that helped the stream out a LOT this week. Thankyouthankyouthankyou! <3333
Ori for covering Kyle's fee yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow too? (At least Singles?)
Lighting for helping Kasey go from black to blue LOL
Money for NOT BEING ENOUGH *** (gotta start setting up the payment game or something ;~;!)

But yes, good tourney, sorry for the mishaps, and I'll see you guys at Rebirth III c:

Last edited:

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts!

Ksev - GGs, always enjoyable to fight you. I love the Fox MU.
Nom - Nice Loser's Bracket run, sorry about the commentator's curse.
Ramzy - I've been trying to beat Nom for 2 years, teach me.
ExJORDANary - Rip my Mewtwo.
Wiidude - GGs man, fun set! Idk how I lost with the lead I got both times tbh, don't expect next time to be as easy. Good to see you're placing solidly again.
Dkdudeman - Yo you beat Rog, pretty cool. Now make it out of pools tomorrow, I'm craving pie...
SETHsational - Jordan didn't even need to avenge you, you destroyed me in crews, looool. Good stuff man!
Rog - Please please please stick with Diddy, you understand that character so well.
RagingMeerkat - GGs, I can see the improvement, I think I just have more practice in the ditto than you, I play with a zss that destroys me all the time. I'd work on incorporating zair into your playstyle, it'll make it harder for people to out space you.
Kasey Kagami - I hear you took a game off Ksev... Let's goooooo!
Gunson - Come to Rebirth and get first seed in your pool pls.
Nibble - Everyone has bad tournies, better this one than Rebirth III.

Shoutouts to :150:

Last edited:

Rog48439

Smash Rookie
NNID
rog48439
Shoutouts to:
Ori, for running another fantastic weekly

Wuvs, for an amazing stream setup and his dedication to preserving the experience for us to re-watch over & over again

Nom, for running all the way through losers bracket on one setup

Ramzy, for the most impressive performance that any of us have seen yet. Seriously dude, good **** yesterday

Brian, for throwing the mewtwo crew battle for his team

Chris, for being a grimer and using the best character in the game: Wario

Dkdudeman, for upsetting me my first round in losers. Good games man, thanks for being a good sport about it

Sethsational, for a dominant performance in the mewtwo crew battle. Sorry that the rest of the tournament was probably a little more than disappointing, but I fully believe you'll show someone up tomorrow at Rebirth III

ExJORDANary, for yet another convincing win over me

I'll finish this later

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
guys i got lucky lol so much pressure. also don't worry i'm not picking up mewtwo.

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
guys i got lucky lol so much pressure
Oh yeah, that match! Regardless of dumb luck, that was nice. I can't help but feel bad for Nom everytime he was KO'd by the Charge Shot, especially when he rolled into it. I've been there many times before I adapted to it awhile ago.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it was a lack of adaptation from Nom, it looked like the two he got hit by in game 2 were both the result of technical errors.

Also, Ramzy, don't sell yourself short dude. You played so well in that set, accept that W with pride.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
ggs everyone!!
Dont worry about the crew battle boys! you tried your best and we'll get them next time =]

Top Bottom