• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project m wont load

Mystic~

Smash Rookie
I'm using hackless for my wii so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be different.

I downloaded hackless, put it on a 2GB SD, open stage builder, it does its thing, I hit play, then it loads brawl again with only a few changes.

First off it's still all brawl themed, white background, says brawl on the start screen, and the character selection screen is just slightly off, it has uncoupled the pokemon, samus and zelda, but it does not have Mew2 or Roy. The stage select is all still brawl with no added stages and still in its white background format.

If i try to change costumes it will freeze, it i try to start a match it will freeze, if I do anything other than navigate the menu it will freeze.

I tried reformating the sd card a couple times and re downloaded pm but it still does the same thing

Mystic~

Smash Rookie
is your SD card unlocked?
Is it NOT named Project m or similar?
Yea the Sd card is unlocked and by " is it names project m or similar" do you mean when the game loads up or in the sd card?
Because I have a file named projectm in it

Last edited:

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
maybe u didn't set it up correctly on sd double check the lock lever on the side of the sd card.

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Its not named projectM

I checked a couple of times
format ur sd card and try putting it on try switching the lever on the side of ur sd to the opposite position that you have it on right now

HacksNoob 55

Smash Rookie
NNID
RevengeRacer5
Guys I do have the same problem here, but with a little difference, I load it on an USB, I have seen tutorials to how to load it with both USB for the Iso. and the SD card for the game, yet P:M works on Wii U, but I want to use it on Wii since, well , Gamecube controller man, something similar happened a long time ago when I actually downloaded a modded Iso of Smash with Project M included, which works on Wii U but not on my Wii

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
recently my projectM decided to die, it would freeze when ever I tried accessing the character select screen, apparently the file for the char. select corrupted, I've tried re-downloading but it fails to move that file to the sd card because its messed up each time, dunno if this relates but there it is

Narpas_sword

Guys I do have the same problem here, but with a little difference, I load it on an USB, I have seen tutorials to how to load it with both USB for the Iso. and the SD card for the game, yet P:M works on Wii U, but I want to use it on Wii since, well , Gamecube controller man, something similar happened a long time ago when I actually downloaded a modded Iso of Smash with Project M included, which works on Wii U but not on my Wii
Try this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bl_3QOOmN2WOeL4AUgmD5JiqM9l0HsIWoVychUB24NM/edit?usp=sharing

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
i use usb when loading u need to have regular brawl iso thats been patched with wiimfii pacher then you need to have project m downloaded on your sd card then u need then make sure u have ur codes folder and it has the rsb01.gct in there now before u start ur game u need to turn ocarina on and change another setting to vbi then everything will work ;$

Narpas_sword

i use usb when loading u need to have regular brawl iso thats been patched with wiimfii pacher then you need to have project m downloaded on your sd card then u need then make sure u have ur codes folder and it has the rsb01.gct in there now before u start ur game u need to turn ocarina on and change another setting to vbi then everything will work ;$
you want axnextframe btw not vbi.

certain ingame bugs are fixed with axnextframe

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
development has stopped, the game is far from 'dead'

support your scene and it will keep growing.
I am a admin of a project m users that i personally set up to play over 30 players but cant ever find any tournaments lol

Top Bottom