• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M via USB Loader

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
I'm relatively new to Project M, completely. So please bear with my noobishness.

Is there a way to get Project M working via USB Loader? If so, is there a tutorial that tells me what needs to be done? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Just put everything in the exact same place you would if launching via gecko, and set "use Ocarina cheats" or whatever to on.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Just put everything in the exact same place you would if launching via gecko, and set "use Ocarina cheats" or whatever to on.
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by "put everything in the exact place you would if launching Gecko."

I have Project M installed, but I cannot use Gecko OS because I am not currently using a Brawl Disk, I am playing it through a back up ISO image via USB loader.

Now, I know that I need to Ocarina somehow, I don't know what to do. I can turn Ocarina on, but I have no idea what I need to do to make Project M work.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
^it means put the files in the same place. Put the gct in the "codes" folder on the root (if that's where your USB Loader reads codes from), and put the "pf" folder in the appropriate place.

I use Configurable USB loader, and there's an option there for using Ocarina cheats. Turn that on, launch the game, and it should be Project M if everything's right.

But I'm not sure what USB loader you're using. Some of them can't read gcts with more than 255 lines, which would be a problem for Project M.

Anyway, if you can't get it to work just try out Configurable USB Loader.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
After trying every USB loader I could find and reinstalling Project:M again, I have the same issues, either the cheat file isn't found by the system (and yes I changed the filepath) or it does and when I load it up I get "exception DSI OCCURED" and a whole mess of numbers.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
^it means put the files in the same place. Put the gct in the "codes" folder on the root (if that's where your USB Loader reads codes from), and put the "pf" folder in the appropriate place.

I use Configurable USB loader, and there's an option there for using Ocarina cheats. Turn that on, launch the game, and it should be Project M if everything's right.

But I'm not sure what USB loader you're using. Some of them can't read gcts with more than 255 lines, which would be a problem for Project M.

**** YEAH THANKS A MILLION
now for some long awaited 3.0

TheMarioMaster128

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3571 7701 7810

For Me it says no codes found

When I did It was vanilla brawl

Top Bottom