• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: BlazBlue's -v-No.13- (Nu-13) PSA beta released (31.01.2020)

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
03.01.2021 EDIT: a beta has been released. Link here:

All things considered, this is an odd choise for a Brawl (or Project M in this case) mod. It's more of an...experiment as I want to see what a zoner character from a standard fighting game would be like in this environment and I also want to practice 3D animations. Of course, simply copying and pasting everything won't cut it and so I'll have to make some adjustments.
Currently, I'm using a modified version of a model from a LoL mod (unfortunately, I don't remember the name of its author). I'd like to replace it later as it's...far from perfect, but for now, this is all I have to work with.

Aside from that, I'm trying to port cape physics to Yoshi so I can freely use him as a base as he has a lot of articles I need. If I fail to do so, then Lucario will be used as a base.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I want to see what a zoner character from a standard fighting game would be like in this environment
Well, she'd be extremely annoying annnd not much else.
standard fighters feature OHC's and OHC's on a zoner??? satan's mind crafts wizardry of this degree, surely.

Still, model looks DOPE, and good luck
Sincerely, an enraged zone-hater XD

Edit: no seriously, more blazblue characters could definitely be nice, i think they fit the laws of smash bros additions too. i wonder if ragna/jin are out there

Last edited:

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
It looks like I've encountered an odd problem. Some graphical effects don't appear while the others don't appear correctly (i.e. the sword doesn't appear, but the effect that comes after it appears despite being a part of the same model and using same materials with different textures).

Well, she'd be extremely annoying annnd not much else.
standard fighters feature OHC's and OHC's on a zoner??? satan's mind crafts wizardry of this degree, surely.

Still, model looks DOPE, and good luck
Sincerely, an enraged zone-hater XD

Edit: no seriously, more blazblue characters could definitely be nice, i think they fit the laws of smash bros additions too. i wonder if ragna/jin are out there
That is bound to happen if I completely fail at this. Admittedly, that's not hard to do, especially with this character. Lambda would be easier to handle.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, neither of these exist as anything more than vertex edits despite all of their guest appearances, which used 3D models.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Usually double posting isn't a good thing, but since this is progress and I've seen much bigger chains, I guess it's fine?
Now that I think about it, I really should have posted more samples aside from the screenshot above. I managed to take care of the invisibility problem and things are progressing now.
I've decided to use CF moveset for this mod as it's much easier to work with here with only a limited selection of articles available.
And here we have Sickle Storm (grounded Down Special) and Gravity Seed (Downward Smash attack). Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make the latter useful in this sort of game without being too useful. Just like in the source, Nu's arms have hitboxes, but that's not it's main purpose. I should probably make the gravity field bigger.

And here is Down Special's animation outside of the game:

I'm doing my best to replicate the original sprites with these.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
While the character in question is...questionable (due to moveset above all else), this is still interesting. There aren't many unique PSAs in development at the moment that don't look bad (at least if we don't count those that are a part of bigger mods like Legacy XP), so, I think I'll follow this one.
But just as a warning, animations in most of 2D fighting games don't translate well into 3D. You are doing something to take care of that issue, are you?

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
While the character in question is...questionable (due to moveset above all else), this is still interesting. There aren't many unique PSAs in development at the moment that don't look bad (at least if we don't count those that are a part of bigger mods like Legacy XP), so, I think I'll follow this one.
But just as a warning, animations in most of 2D fighting games don't translate well into 3D. You are doing something to take care of that issue, are you?
Well, of course! Since I'm working in a 3D environment and you can see Nu from both sides, I adjust some animations to work better. It makes me wish the developers figured out how to mirror characters sooner, but I guess it's not too bad?

Now Nu uses a different base. Instead of Yoshi, I'm using Snake because he has enough articles for me to work with and less unusual actions to work around.
Basic movement, jab, up tilt and forward smash are all done.
At the moment, Nu falls quickly, but her jumps are high. Her horizontal jumping velocity and aerial mobility are also higher than average, but nothing too ridiculous. She is light and her vertical recovery isn't going to be great either, so, she's still supposed to be a glass cannon.

There's nothing really special about the first two, but the third attack has long horizontal range. I'm still working on the effects used when each petal disappears.

Up tilt is sort of like an anti-air? It doesn't grant immunity to aerial attacks, but top half of her body becomes invincible for a short period of time. The animation itself is a bit different from the source to make it fit an up tilt better.

Forward smash is a powerful meteor smash, but it's kinda slow and it doesn't actually reach the floor.

It probably can work for edgeguarding, but I wouldn't count on it...Still, it deals high damage and it has long vertical range, so, it's got its uses. As with other swords, I'm still using generic darkness effect, something I plan on fixing.
Aside from that, I've managed to find a model of unarmored Nu!
There are some things that I'd like to adjust before using it (like I have to make her cape fit the cape bones current model already has, re-rig her fingers, optimize the model and maybe touch up her textures?), but simply having it is good enough.

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Your project is very impressive it looks promising.
Thank you! Hopefully I can deliver...

Armorless Nu's rig is almost done.

Due to certain limitations, I can't make everything flap in the wind, but at least the cape works. This model currently has no swords floating around it, but I'm working on that. I'll probably use the swords she summons instead of the swords that appear when she's armored. Her feet here aren't actually posed since the armored model doesn't have exposed feet and so I had nothing to animate...but this will be fixed.
Of course default model is also being adjusted to fit this one since they look different and their bones are also slightly different.

Unfortunately, there's a little problem. Snake and Yoshi obviously have different articles and while I've managed to transfer Sickle Storm just fine, same can't be said about Gravity Seed. So far, it disappears when it "hits" (it's technically an invisible hitbox for those who don't know). I haven't tried using all articles he has, but his Down Smash mine and Cypher have this problem...

Last edited:

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
While I don't feel good about double posting again, I guess this is the kind of thread where it's fine?
Anyway, I have more stuff to show, starting with renders:

They aren't final, but for now, I'll be using them for icons and such.

While I haven't implemented it yet, the animation for Forward tilt is done. There's actually only one hitbox in front of Nu, but it's still quite large.
I've managed to fix Gravity Seed by using Snake's C4, which doesn't disappear on hit. The size of the field has also been increased. Hair animation should be fixed though.
Up Smash is done. When the swords fall, there's a hitbox that launches the enemy straight up, right into the sword she summons above her.
I've already posted Forward Smash, but here is the animated version.

If the images and gifs don't show up, then try opening them in a new tab or something. Smashboards can get kinda weird with that.

Last edited:

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Man, it's been forever since I posted anything, but then again, this section of Smashboards is ultra dead.
A lot of things changed in the past year and a half. The base mod is actually complete now though only a beta has been released with no alts or even recolors, but with a complete moveset. You can get it now by following the link in description.

Top Bottom