• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Start Up Issues (Homebrew)

eyesack21

Smash Rookie
I recently just bought a used Wii to get back into the older smash titles again. I first downloaded 20XX onto the homebrew and that works fine, but when I added Project M to it, that's where things got weird.
It boots up the initial start up menu before launching the actual game, but then something happens in between there and starting Project M to where it instead boots up vanilla Brawl. I went back into the apps folder you get when downloading the files for the game, and everything seems right (SD card/apps/projectm/boot.elf icon.png meta.xml)
I don't know what else to do to fix it. I was thinking maybe it's because I also have 20XX on the SD card? Not sure though. Any help is greatly appreciated!
PS: my SD card is a 16gb so idk if that's an issue either. again, any and all help is appreciated :)

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
I recently just bought a used Wii to get back into the older smash titles again. I first downloaded 20XX onto the homebrew and that works fine, but when I added Project M to it, that's where things got weird.
It boots up the initial start up menu before launching the actual game, but then something happens in between there and starting Project M to where it instead boots up vanilla Brawl. I went back into the apps folder you get when downloading the files for the game, and everything seems right (SD card/apps/projectm/boot.elf icon.png meta.xml)
I don't know what else to do to fix it. I was thinking maybe it's because I also have 20XX on the SD card? Not sure though. Any help is greatly appreciated!
PS: my SD card is a 16gb so idk if that's an issue either. again, any and all help is appreciated :)
How big is your SD card? Are you USB Loading? Is the projectm folder on the root of the SD card? Did you try adding anything custom to the build?

Last edited:
Top Bottom