• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think I somewhat understand. He might have said something along this:

In Melee, as you full/short hop you can gently tap the the control stick up and press A for a uAir in one hop but in Brawl or whatever, it reads that gentle tap as a second jump thus using 2 jumps to perform a uAir?

Its my shot at it. I don't know if that's how it works in Brawl or not as I don't use the control stick for uAirs. I used to do that for Melee though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Well, I know you can drop through platforms without dropping your shield, and can do so instantly, which I'm pretty sure is the same mechanic you're talking about.
Nah i didn't mean the shield dropping but magus defined what i was talkin about but i didn't know it didn't apply to ariels in melee.

D

Deleted member

Will link get a nice wavedash to compensate for his poor aerial and ground movement?

Curiously, is it possible to make his up-b edgecancel ledgehog a valid edgeguarding technique?
As in a semispike similar to Melee from moonwalking to hogging w/ up-b. Might be a nice thing to try and experiment with since Link's offstage game is below average and his edgeguarding game is as well.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
Apparently SH Uair with the control stick works in B+ 6.0 but not B+ 7.0 or vBrawl.

Also, Aerial Raptor Boost is at a disadvantage on hit on a grounded opponent. And Firefox doesn't have landing lag.
easy enough

I think I somewhat understand. He might have said something along this:

In Melee, as you full/short hop you can gently tap the the control stick up and press A for a uAir in one hop but in Brawl or whatever, it reads that gentle tap as a second jump thus using 2 jumps to perform a uAir?

Its my shot at it. I don't know if that's how it works in Brawl or not as I don't use the control stick for uAirs. I used to do that for Melee though.
exacly ... and were all going at the same desination... MELEE 2.0 !! :p
so its gonna become reaaally important..

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm sure this has been addressed (and I hope it has), but if you are holding down on the control stick, if you should be able to press Cstick down and not do a down tilt. Just do a down smash.

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's already better than Melee's, but as has been said, don't discount AGT, it's seriously amazing.
is AGT amazing, or stupid and OP? cause the concept seems a bit weird personally (though i admit i havnt actually played it yet). I would also support allowing link to throw bombs diagonally, dont see why he never could

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think it depends on the character. AGT bombs and zairs are pretty awesome with Link, but AGT zairs with Samus and AGT nanners with Diddy feel like they could end up being OP.

I dunno, it's too early to judge.

jalued

Smash Lord
I think it depends on the character. AGT bombs and zairs are pretty awesome with Link, but AGT zairs with Samus and AGT nanners with Diddy feel like they could end up being OP.

it seems more that AGT zairs could be a completely safe way to approach (especially with samus), and since they have no endlag anyway, would be a high reward, low risk approach...

basically for link, he can in brawl: zair, Dacus for a nice combo, that requires skill.

with AGT he can zair to anything, and requires less skill...]

wait did i say less skill than brawl?? absurd!

my suggestion would be to make zair very DI dependant, so that people can tech after it etc and get rid of any guaranteed combos (if they exist)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, you can't even jump over his approaches anymore :( the sole reliable way to get around his **** in Brawl.

shanus

Smash Hero

I think its really something we need to pay attention to closely. I'm starting to think that I should make a momentum alteration for at least zairs wherein they only get 50% of the momentum from the MAD.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I think its really something we need to pay attention to closely. I'm starting to think that I should make a momentum alteration for at least zairs wherein they only get 50% of the momentum from the MAD.
yeah 50% more might actually be the more healthy way to fox this

it's fun to see how their approach have such speed and it's alot more safer than approaching with their projectiles

could be done now or after the beta testing though

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Despite being a character that this would directly punish, I'm going to very strongly agree with this. AGT seems like it'd be overly central to characters that have it, in its current incarnation. A 50% reduction could mostly fix this.

Any thought into increasing the grounded UpB range for Link? I've tried to do it before for fun, but couldn't get it working. :ohwell:

jalued

Smash Lord
could be done now or after the beta testing though
i feel the sooner the better, just so that anyone who plays it doesn't automatically state "OMFG that is broken and stupid!". 50% reduction would be a step in the right direction, however i feel that it should be character dependent

samus: makes sense due to booster jets
peach: kinda makes sense due to her floaty nature, and could be a version of her sideB

link: personally feel if you gave him diagonal throws instead, and much more control on his boomerang, that would suffice

YL/TL: same as above, maybe less control on boomerang since they have ground speed

snake: tricky one, as AGT would seriously benefit him, however so would diagonal throws, but does he need either?

diddy: should get nothing at all, he will already be amazing with the ability to WD pickup nanas

olimar: no change, he cant get AGT anyway, but diagonal throws would make him unapproachable

Rob: no change, gyro is situational and generally used for edgeguarding,

wario: no change

ZSS: i think her Armour was removed anyway

small suggestion, if AGT is being balanced, could it send into freefall? then if used incorrectly it would be punishable (it isnt clear if this is already implemented on the front page)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Diddy seems like he can get a 100% guaranteed techchase no matter what situation with one banana using AGT, and it would be very easy to setup unlike most his other naner locks. He simply has to z-catch the banana after throwing it, then AGT will cover their every option.

Of course, this can be fixed in different ways. AGT is really good, it makes bananas even more of both the ultimate offensive and defensive tool. You could nerf it for Diddy, but it might not fix the techchase problem. Or if you could change how long people stay down after tripping on bananas.

Almas

Smash Lord
In a private chat with Shanus earlier, he informed us that he plans to remove Bananas. Diddy Kong will be changed to be a 'clone' character of Donkey Kong - much like Ganondorf for Captain Falcon, or Doc for Mario.

So, there's no need to worry, everyone! There's no problem at all here.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
In a private chat with Shanus earlier, he informed us that he plans to remove Bananas. Diddy Kong will be changed to be a 'clone' character of Donkey Kong - much like Ganondorf for Captain Falcon, or Doc for Mario.

So, there's no need to worry, everyone! There's no problem at all here.
What? Thats lame...

EDIT: you're not about to make a april fool of me!!!! **** YOU. :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad :

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
And Link gets the Biggoron's Sword, and Toon Link gets the hurricane spin to differentiate them!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Maybe only allow 1 Banana out (not sure if this code is possible yet)? Make catching/picking up items like it was in Melee too. Picking up the Bananas with dash attack contributes a lot to Diddy's metagame (Diddy is overall very good already and with this it makes him superb). His dash attack is nearly lagless and fast so you just abuse it while you pick up Bananas for more combos.

If only 1 Banana was allowed on the field and Melee's item pickup/catch mechanic was in then Bananas can't be abused as much. They would actually have to think it over - tech chase or pick up the Banana? And if you were to pick it up, it just wouldn't be a simple dash attack anymore.

Also, to contribute to the April Fool's make a move do silly things; give everyone the ability to whorenado with lots of windboxes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i will continue to lol at people worrying about characters being overpowered in this game before it's even out

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^ this. lol.

Oh.. and I played P:M with MattDotZeb, and ArcNatural last night... Matt waveshined my Falcon all over FD, in a disgusting fashion. He 4 stocked me. I guess I suck with Falcon. It's okay though! My Diddy taught him a thing or too. God, AGT is awesome--- okay... well I didn't use AGT that much, as I'm not the best with it... but still. Nannerz = lawl! haha

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
I have a question. When this comes out will there be constant changes and upgrades like in Brawl+ or will it be more cement so we can fine tune the characters without worrying about them changing too much. Sorry if this has been asked.

jalued

Smash Lord
It will not be cemented. Imbalance and instability is guaranteed to happen, and it will need to be fixed gradually.
tbh though, i feel that once beta comes out (to a select number of people), then any glitches found should be removed and any OP moves should be toned down. After that, just release the game and see how it developed. Dont try to balance it every month, wait for a substantial metagame to develop, then balance with % reduction of moves

i will continue to lol at people worrying about characters being overpowered in this game before it's even out
its not characters, just diddy haha

shanus

Smash Hero
tbh though, i feel that once beta comes out (to a select number of people), then any glitches found should be removed and any OP moves should be toned down. After that, just release the game and see how it developed. Dont try to balance it every month, wait for a substantial metagame to develop, then balance with % reduction of moves

its not characters, just diddy haha
We're not going to push out updates all the time, don't worry. I'm more concerned about gamebreaking things that we might have missed which will get patched

jalued

Smash Lord
We're not going to push out updates all the time, don't worry. I'm more concerned about gamebreaking things that we might have missed which will get patched
yeah i feel the same, as long as it isnt gamebreaking then it should work. I mean melee had lots of very OP moves and still worked well. will you balance with % reductions (so not affecting gameplay at all)

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah i feel the same, as long as it isnt gamebreaking then it should work. I mean melee had lots of very OP moves and still worked well. will you balance with % reductions (so not affecting gameplay at all)
Not sure, really. TBH, we haven;t concerned ourselves with balance much yet, so much keeps changing with new codes still being written all the time.

jalued

Smash Lord
Not sure, really. TBH, we haven;t concerned ourselves with balance much yet, so much keeps changing with new codes still being written all the time.
ah ok, well its just a thought. since then the game gets more balanced, but people dont have to keep changing their playstyles etc, it just means for example, 1 extra waveshine needed before upsmash kills (if shine % was lowered)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I get what Jalued is saying and I agree. I think once it's re-released after open beta date is gathered and game-breaking things are fixed. We should just sit back and let things develop like they did in the original melee. Only updating when Extremely important things must be add/changed

Rikana

Smash Champion
I get what Jalued is saying and I agree. I think once it's re-released after open beta date is gathered and game-breaking things are fixed. We should just sit back and let things develop like they did in the original melee. Only updating when Extremely important things must be add/changed
I mentioned this long ago too. Maybe it would be best to have a set amount of open beta sets, maybe something like 4 open beta codesets, before the final. This way, we don't drag on with the final set and we can get whatever done within those open beta sets.

But, this also means you guys must definitely get everything in before final. All mechanics polished and up to date so future updates aren't necessary for physics/engine/mechanics purposes. Basically, what you guys are doing right now.

Regardless, I'm still hyped for it. Can't wait to see the next trailer.

I just see tethering to a wall being a really huge problem right now though. It seems like this code would cause the most pain compared to crouch canceling, light shielding, and meteor canceling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom