• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
What processor do you have? If it's an i5 or better you should be able to run Dolphin if you pick up a lowish-end GT1030 graphics card.
They said they have a laptop so they can't get a dedicated GPU, and at any rate the 1030 wasn't even a good buy when it was current gen it's definitely not worth getting now

That being said though Bowser D.X Bowser D.X PM isn't all that difficult to run in Dolphin unless your laptop is old or a netbook there's a decent chance it'll be fine

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
i3. :/

It's a pretty low end laptop I panic bought for study and job hunting.
The i3 processor would probably allow you to run Dolphin but without a dedicated GPU you're probably screwed.

I've got an older desktop running a dual core processor, 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and a dedicated GPU with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and sadly it doesn't run Dolphin properly. It does a good job with the Dreamcast Redream emulator, though, allowing me to play some of my favorite DC games like SoulCalibur in glorious 1080p.

Think I'll build a higher-end gaming PC eventually with a least an i5 processor so I can finally run Dolphin as I'd really like to play the Mario Kart Wii mod CTGP Revolution and Project Plus in a higher resolution than the Wii's 480p.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Welcome to a plustastic 2021, esteemed guests and thembos!

I've been missing Project + myself, but I'm busy with real life AND Ultimate has consumed my Smash time, so...

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ultimate's sucked up a lot of time, but I found my way back to Project M through Project Plus. Now if I can just talk my friends into giving it a try via netplay, maybe I can finally get away from the god awful online experience in Ultimate.

Bazkip

Smash Master

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
On the bright side, I found a local I might be able to participate in. I'd have gone online like everyone should but my first laptop exploded and this second one probably can't handle it

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Since when is PM in the past smash section

We are most definitely still current Smash

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Since no one uses the Project M boards anymore. It's "Past" with regards to which forums are active on the site.

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
legitimately cannot believe i made this account in 2013 oh my god ive wasted my entire life even twitter imploding cannot save me from wasting more of it
that's a pretty good pfp tho

D

Deleted member

One man cannot keep project m alive. Though I tried, when you are invisible to the rest of the community it is impossible. But I will try again someday.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Sticking my head in again

Glad to see others doing the same occasionally, it's been a long time huh

Top Bottom