• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GhostM

Phantom
It takes the mechanics of brawl such as footstooling but also takes Melee mechanics into mind such as wavedashing, wave landing, etc. Basically Melee but implemented into brawl.

Zoa

Smash Ace
What is this game? How do I buy it? Is it like Brawl? Brawl is my favorite Super Smash Brothers video game.
It's basically a much faster Brawl with actual combo ability. It's got a far higher skill ceiling because of all the movement options it has, but it's very rewarding to do so. There's a lot of move set changes, too. The game also has Melee tech, Brawl tech, and Project M exclusive tech to it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Project M was the development effort to create Metroid: Other M. It is a mix of members from Team Ninja and Nintendo's R&D1, as well as the D-Rockets animation studio, Koei Tecmo and numerous other animation and motion capture companies. Combined, there are over 100 members on Project M.[1]
Project M has yet to create any more games after Other M, but Yoshio Sakamoto has said he would be willing to work with Team Ninja again.[citation needed]

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Project M was the development effort to create Metroid: Other M. It is a mix of members from Team Ninja and Nintendo's R&D1, as well as the D-Rockets animation studio, Koei Tecmo and numerous other animation and motion capture companies. Combined, there are over 100 members on Project M.[1]
Project M has yet to create any more games after Other M, but Yoshio Sakamoto has said he would be willing to work with Team Ninja again.[citation needed]
IsmaR how could you do this to us

Zoa

Smash Ace
So is Smashboards trying to get with the times, or just focusing on Melee and Ultimate only? Cause Melee isn’t in the past Smash sections, and this is pretty crappy all things considered. >>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashboards has restructured the main forum listing based on the activity of each forum. Ultimate and Melee are just the most active game boards so they still remain at the main forum listing, and the non-Smash related forums have moved further up the page so that they are more discoverable particularly for mobile browsers. I get that putting Project M down here may contribute further to its inactivity, but the decision made a lot of sense given how many people regularly post here. I couldn't really argue for PM staying at the main page all things considered, and I was directly involved with that project. Sorry y'all!

We can still rise up with our 2GB SD cards either way

Zoa

Smash Ace
Smashboards has restructured the main forum listing based on the activity of each forum. Ultimate and Melee are just the most active game boards so they still remain at the main forum listing, and the non-Smash related forums have moved further up the page so that they are more discoverable particularly for mobile browsers. I get that putting Project M down here may contribute further to its inactivity, but the decision made a lot of sense given how many people regularly post here. I couldn't really argue for PM staying at the main page all things considered, and I was directly involved with that project. Sorry y'all!

We can still rise up with our 2GB SD cards either way
Makes sense, SB. In other news, two buddies and I are trying to get a Tampa tournament off the ground since PM is dead here. Would love to see any of you all there hopefully.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Hey, Strong Bad. Off topic question, but could you tell me how to remove that large circular wind effect for high knockback? It ruins a lot of screenshots.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Project M and CTGP Revolution are the main reasons why I still have a Wii connected to a TV. That's really saying something because I also have a PlayStation 4 and Raspberry Pi connected to the same set. :)

Player -0

Smash Hero
Kinda crazy the top of this page is more than half a year ago lol.

We've really come downhill huh? Well, most people probably have their own thing now so you could say uphill in that regard?

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Everyone moved to the P+ Discord as far as I can tell, it's a lot more central there than it is here now

I think its especially cause the majority of the PM community can unite under something now, rather than everything being spread between reddit, discord, and smashboards

GrabSomeEyes

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
EYES#410
P+ Discord, /r/ssbpm, and regional Discords and Facebook groups for sure. Shame SmashBoards isn't used as much nowadays but it's just kind of been replaced by those.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I want everyone with sepia avatars looking to the right by tomorrow or it's your ass, Parker

Top Bottom