• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The Project M story really needs a good mass market documentary to let the world know what hardcore fans of a game are capable of accomplishing.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Lucario's neutral is excellent. Zoa Zoa Nohbl Nohbl

He has the second highest initial dash speed in the game (almost as fast as Meta Knight's top speed), he can largely ignore crouch cancel (because he can cancel moves on hit, or just use his meteor dtilt or dash dance grab), and his fair is about as large as Marth's fair, but converts way harder.

1544605761734.png
frame 6 hitbox

1544605794995.png
frame 5 hitbox

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Lucario's neutral is excellent. Zoa Zoa Nohbl Nohbl

He has the second highest initial dash speed in the game (almost as fast as Meta Knight's top speed), he can largely ignore crouch cancel (because he can cancel moves on hit, or just use his meteor dtilt or dash dance grab), and his fair is about as large as Marth's fair, but converts way harder.

View attachment 182732 frame 6 hitbox

View attachment 182733 frame 5 hitbox
I'm like, beyond confused as to how you are trying to compare lucario fair to marth fair.
Those circles don't even tell the whole story, and you can already see lucario has only 75% of that range, less because I'm being generous.
And then lucario's isn't disjointed in the same way. These moves are not even close.
Now I don't necessarily disagree that lucario's neutral is 'good,' but playing him I felt 'okay at best.'
His initial dash speed is good, but his dash length is tiny, not giving his DD a lot of room and needing to make more use of foxtrotting/crouch dashing. This makes DD grabbing quite difficult in scenarios where you need to run back at them before you can grab.

Aura Sphere is a really middle-of-the-road projectile in neutral, could maybe even consider it bad against many characters.

And he does not have massive disjoints with low lag like you're implying by comparing his moves to marth.

His neutral is okay given workable speed and strong touches that can most of the time ignore cc, but you're really overselling it. You can't say it excels with the likes of Wolf, Metaknight, Fox, and Marth in the same game.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Currently watching the aftermath of tr45h's release, how the post roster-hype has dissipated and the disillusionment that should have been felt months ago is finally starting to set in for some buyers of the game.
Geez why are you so negative tons of people are loving the game dude

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Geez why are you so negative tons of people are loving the game dude
keyword "some"
because it isn't as ambitious as I think it should be, taking steps backwards or none at all even in the face of complaints that have been raised for a decade now along with solutions that have been implemented elsewhere for almost just as long

I don't believe a game called "Ultimate" should be striving to be just "good enough" with as long a history as SSB does. At this point, it should have been perfect, and it is far from it.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Aight well Rongunshu, among a lot of other top players, seem to agree that Lucario is super good, so idk what to say.

MK's dash is also very short. Having to cactuar dash isn't a bad thing at all, for what it's worth.

Also Ultimate actually looks pretty good, and I've heard very few negative things about it. From what I can tell, some inspiration from Project M has even made it into the game.

D

Deleted member

I imagine this page will hit 3k replies when p+ happens, should be exciting to see the dumb ass posts in here if the game picks up. I miss making fun of people on tier list speculation threads.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
i'm drunk AS**** and remembered this was a thing

love you allllllllllllllll i've got a new place come hang n cuddle i've got pletny of couches

L canceling is a bad mechanic

P+ will be good

smash Ult is a good game and like 2-5 changes away from being ****ing fantastic but held back by sakurai being a dumb****

have a good holiday season everyone

kiss kiss

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
i'm drunk AS**** and remembered this was a thing

love you allllllllllllllll i've got a new place come hang n cuddle i've got pletny of couches

L canceling is a bad mechanic

P+ will be good

smash Ult is a good game and like 2-5 changes away from being ****ing fantastic but held back by sakurai being a dumb****

have a good holiday season everyone

kiss kiss
You're a sweetheart, Ryan. Have a good Christmas!!

Zoa

Smash Ace
P+ as a community driven bug fix/balance patch for PM. There was a fake-out shutdown of the project before it started again, and that's about it I think.
Ah. I had looked something up in two subreddits about this, but couldn’t find out exactly what the original deal was regarding the hate directed at Strong Bad and waffeIn.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Ah. I had looked something up in two subreddits about this, but couldn’t find out exactly what the original deal was regarding the hate directed at Strong Bad and waffeIn.
Miscommunication led Pooch to incorrectly announce that SB was threatening a lawsuit for his own safety over P+ dev. That's where it comes from. I never saw any drama directed at WaffeIn, and there wouldn't be any foundation for it at any point to begin with afaik.

ilysm

sleepy
pm still the best but ult is a fun game and is seeing people with brawl experience come out of the woodwork and take names much to the shock of smash 4 players which is nice i think and also it would be hilarious if pm players could pull the same shtick

waffeln

Smash Cadet
Miscommunication led Pooch to incorrectly announce that SB was threatening a lawsuit for his own safety over P+ dev. That's where it comes from. I never saw any drama directed at WaffeIn, and there wouldn't be any foundation for it at any point to begin with afaik.
yeah i never really had arguments other than with people from r/ProjectMDiedForThis

Bazkip

Smash Master
Bleck Bleck

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
P+? I'm all for it, I was wondering if the game would ever get updated, I think it's the only way for it to survive. I gotta figure out discord lol but I support this. I just learned how to stream so I would definitely try it out and promote it if that's an ok thing to do.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I gotta stop only coming here while wasted

Life's pretty chill rn for me
Me and zman and burnsy are roomies making a fantastic old retired washed up smasher house

Ill be done with school this spring
Got a promo at work and will be able to apply for salary jobs in probs 8 months
P+ will be good

Ult could be worse but it's fun to watch

Woooo

Top Bottom