• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You just have to post something worthwhile to talk about. As far as I can tell, only the two newest SSB games have people invested in discussion on here.
This is where you're confused. PMS has never been about discussing PM. It's about anime, gayness, every game except PM, and farming free likes from Mech.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
how do you actually walk while you grab someone with snake. ive been trying for like 2 hours now. this feels so stupid

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Why is your icon Jigglypuff but you play Falco more than you play Puff
As we all know, Jigglypuff has not gotten very good treatment from the SSB developers for a while now. Well I enjoy her playstyle, playing with her against other, better equipped characters gets tiresome knowing that I'm playing a cripple.

For tr4sh, I've dabbled in quite a few characters, including Jigglypuff; however, I don't regard the game highly (obviously), so I listed the bare minimum characters I'd expect to play if given the chance. I haven't played real matches in Brawl in a very long time, but when I did, Falco and Jigglypuff were about my most favorite---but Falco clicked with me more.

In Project M, she's a much better character, even if she's just a Melee port. I still prefer playing with Falco, yet Jigglypuff remains my second favorite character to play.

While her Brawl Minus incarnation is undoubtedly her best yet, I don't play her in it because she feels a bit too different from what I'm used to (how I feel about Zelda in this mod versus the other Brawl incarnations as well); aside that, Dedede, who I also liked in Brawl, fulfills a similar function Jigglypuff does, but he's at least twice as fun for me compared to every other character (because players can manually control up to four Waddles on screen at once), so I play him instead. There are other characters to play who I wouldn't be able to play the same way in other games, like Waluigi and even Roy, so I play them more too; so many of them, not interested enough to play her.

To answer your question, I chose Jigglypuff rather than Falco because I liked her just about as much as Falco, but I suspected Falco avatars would be more popular, and maybe less appealing to others. A Jigglypuff avatar, I assumed, would be more distinctive and less common.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
As we all know, Jigglypuff has not gotten very good treatment from the SSB developers for a while now. Well I enjoy her playstyle, playing with her against other, better equipped characters gets tiresome knowing that I'm playing a cripple.

For tr4sh, I've dabbled in quite a few characters, including Jigglypuff; however, I don't regard the game highly (obviously), so I listed the bare minimum characters I'd expect to play if given the chance. I haven't played real matches in Brawl in a very long time, but when I did, Falco and Jigglypuff were about my most favorite---but Falco clicked with me more.

In Project M, she's a much better character, even if she's just a Melee port. I still prefer playing with Falco, yet Jigglypuff remains my second favorite character to play.

While her Brawl Minus incarnation is undoubtedly her best yet, I don't play her in it because she feels a bit too different from what I'm used to (how I feel about Zelda in this mod versus the other Brawl incarnations as well); aside that, Dedede, who I also liked in Brawl, fulfills a similar function Jigglypuff does, but he's at least twice as fun for me compared to every other character (because players can manually control up to four Waddles on screen at once), so I play him instead. There are other characters to play who I wouldn't be able to play the same way in other games, like Waluigi and even Roy, so I play them more too; so many of them, not interested enough to play her.

To answer your question, I chose Jigglypuff rather than Falco because I liked her just about as much as Falco, but I suspected Falco avatars would be more popular, and maybe less appealing to others. A Jigglypuff avatar, I assumed, would be more distinctive and less common.
I love your detailed response to a relatively simple question, ^_^.

Last edited:

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream that I was playing PM against one of our local G&W mains. He does some combo on me that I completely forgot. All I remember is that at one point he up-b'd, and all he had to do was jump and nair, but he didn't jump at all.

I asked him why he didn't jump. He told me, "Game and Watch can't jump out of up-b."

I felt like crying tears of happiness.

waffeln

Smash Cadet
I had a dream that I was playing PM against one of our local G&W mains. He does some combo on me that I completely forgot. All I remember is that at one point he up-b'd, and all he had to do was jump and nair, but he didn't jump at all.

I asked him why he didn't jump. He told me, "Game and Watch can't jump out of up-b."

I felt like crying tears of happiness.
but why though? because he doesn't know and therefore it's less painful to play against him?

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone been keeping up with the tournaments?
Not sure, but I think the crashing and burning of the PM Championship Circuit killed the hype for me.
I haven't tuned in since Even Bigger Balc.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Project M players RISE UP!

Has anyone been keeping up with the tournaments?
Not sure, but I think the crashing and burning of the PM Championship Circuit killed the hype for me.
I haven't tuned in since Even Bigger Balc.
Crashing and burning of the Circuit? What happened?

But yeah, I've been watching every PM tournament I could lately. It is really sad to see that Thunderz "retired." : (

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Crashing and burning of the Circuit? What happened?
Not entirely clear on the details, but the organizers behind it couldn't put together the end of the year finale tournament Olympus like they were supposed to, so they cancelled that event and I think cancelled the rankings. The Circuit was what tournaments contributed toward your National PM rank.
But yeah, I've been watching every PM tournament I could lately.
Any highlights?

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
i love PM because a character went from bottom 5 to 11th (donkey kong) and another character went from 3rd to bottom 10 (rob) in just two years

Bleck

Smash Master
how far the tier list speculation has fallen

btw Bleck Bleck how's chiptune? I think you did Omelas way back and it popped up on my thing again
haven't had time to write recently 'cause I'm in ****in' musicals and the rehearsing takes up 90% of my time

waffeln

Smash Cadet
i love PM because a character went from bottom 5 to 11th (donkey kong) and another character went from 3rd to bottom 10 (rob) in just two years
and i love PM because even changes like these have so little impact on how far you can go with a character and there are still ROB players who will beat your ass

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
the tier list changing does not dictate that ROB or any other character has gotten worse or is more difficult to produce results with, it reflects that for a variety of reasons people have not been getting as far with ROB as time has gone on

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Greetings Project M community.

Hope you are all doing well, I miss y'all sometimes.

ilysm

sleepy
all these old faces :o

i'm gettin by and gettin my **** together. work hard study hard and play smash!! lots of amazing new people to meet in college (a lot handful whom are now deeply into pm thanks to moi so that's rad). i'm super hype for ultimate but it's kinda comforting to know that no matter how good or bad it is, it doesn't matter whether it meets my expectations because pm is still the raddest fighting game i've ever devoted time to.

also pm zero suit is sick as hell

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say that I really dislike G&W's tech rolls because they all look exactly the same until he starts rolling.

Please help what do I do?

Do I have to... git gud and read my opponents rolls?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Should both learn to guess which way they'll move and also practice punishing the rolls with something fast. They're useful skills to have.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Just react later and pick a faster option
idr the exact numbers but GnW tech directions animations are identical for 13ish frames

that means tech in place is not reactable at only 13(ish) frames of clear tech direction. That's not reactable even with the fastest options like shine.

Your best bet against GnW is cover 3/4 options with a large move (ie, you're covering missed tech, tech in place, and one of his roll directions), which most characters should be able to do since his tech rolls have pretty short reach

Doing this makes it a 50/50 though since he could just choose to always mix-up tech rolls only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom