• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
What do you mean that there aren't tabs?
Like before on profile page there were like tabs and stuff? It seems empty and weird. at least from like my memory of like 20 seconds of looking on a weird device thing. I'm not sure I haven't touched my computer in a while so not even sure if what I mean is usually not even there.

yuh

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Like before on profile page there were like tabs and stuff? It seems empty and weird. at least from like my memory of like 20 seconds of looking on a weird device thing. I'm not sure I haven't touched my computer in a while so not even sure if what I mean is usually not even there.

yuh
There's still tabs though :bobomb:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
nothing can fill the void of our lost UI

yuh
Why is your anime girl sad.

Last edited:

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a Smash 4 weekly tonight but one of my friends is bringing PM and I'm supplying the CRT.

The problem? I lost the remote for the CRT. I don't know what input it is on and it could possibly be on composite.

The worst part? I don't know if my composite adapter works anymore. Pray for me, please. I really want to play PM.

EDIT: He didn't bring his Wii I want to die

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I found myself looking at old release videos today. Gods I miss this game
Don't get any funny ideas and say I can still play it you know full well what I mean

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Smash Ultimate news has been making me fantasize about a PM 2. It's actually a problem because I know it'll probably never happen or be anywhere near as polished as PM. I just want to like playing new Smash man.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I'm going to a Smash 4 weekly tonight but one of my friends is bringing PM and I'm supplying the CRT.

The problem? I lost the remote for the CRT. I don't know what input it is on and it could possibly be on composite.

The worst part? I don't know if my composite adapter works anymore. Pray for me, please. I really want to play PM.

EDIT: He didn't bring his Wii I want to die
Many phones can be used as a universal remote, just need to get an app to use that functionality.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Smash Ultimate news has been making me fantasize about a PM 2. It's actually a problem because I know it'll probably never happen or be anywhere near as polished as PM. I just want to like playing new Smash man.
Melee HD for the Nintendo Wii U.
PM doesn't stand for "Perfected Melee", by the way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys.
Uh... so I'm a more or less casual player, but have always been interested in the quicker more technical mechanics of melee and project M, so I finally bit the bullet and set up Project M on dolphin on my computer as a way to hold me over 'till Ultimate (I don't mind either the more competitive games or the less competitive games, I have fun all the same).

Gotta say, this is fun as hell learning all the mechanics. Having trouble with SHFFL and wavedashing sometimes but I've already done pretty neat things just while practicing.

:D

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
so I finally bit the bullet and set up Project M on dolphin on my computer
Good.

Gotta say, this is fun as hell learning all the mechanics.
It is satisfying.

Having trouble with SHFFL and wavedashing sometimes but I've already done pretty neat things just while practicing.
Your setup might have some lag so ingraining the techniques and execution will be challenging.
Wavelanding with Ganondorf is cool. Don't forget DACUS.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good.

It is satisfying.

Your setup might have some lag so ingraining the techniques and execution will be challenging.
Wavelanding with Ganondorf is cool. Don't forget DACUS.
I did notice a bit while I was playing it (as well as Icons... also a fun game), so it is a bit hard, but I'm slowly working it. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing my drunk uncle just a moment ago. We were playing on :pictochat: when I dair'd him through the stage.
As in, we were on the cart transformation, I come down on his :toonlink: with :falco: dair while we are both airbone, and he literally falls through the stage to his death.

Does anyone here play Brawl Minus or Smash 2?

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.
Uh... so I'm a more or less casual player, but have always been interested in the quicker more technical mechanics of melee and project M, so I finally bit the bullet and set up Project M on dolphin on my computer as a way to hold me over 'till Ultimate (I don't mind either the more competitive games or the less competitive games, I have fun all the same).

Gotta say, this is fun as hell learning all the mechanics. Having trouble with SHFFL and wavedashing sometimes but I've already done pretty neat things just while practicing.

:D

Welcome to the community, Toaster! Even if you may have a short stay.

I can give one tip that should help you a lot, since most people do the complete opposite: L-cancel aerials visually. Most people I see when they first starting out, they sit in training mode for hours and hours trying to attain the muscle memory for L-cancelling.

Unfortunately, whenever you hit an opponent with a move, both you and your opponent will stutter for a few frames in the air, messing up your muscle memory. An easy way to circumvent this is to L-cancel when your character is about to hit the ground, instead of relying on muscle memory.

Also, in case you didn't already know, you can L-cancel with L, R, or even Z!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Welcome to the community, Toaster! Even if you may have a short stay.

I can give one tip that should help you a lot, since most people do the complete opposite: L-cancel aerials visually. Most people I see when they first starting out, they sit in training mode for hours and hours trying to attain the muscle memory for L-cancelling.

Unfortunately, whenever you hit an opponent with a move, both you and your opponent will stutter for a few frames in the air, messing up your muscle memory. An easy way to circumvent this is to L-cancel when your character is about to hit the ground, instead of relying on muscle memory.

Also, in case you didn't already know, you can L-cancel with L, R, or even Z!
Thanks! Actually, after the first few minutes of practicing L canceling on nothing just to understand the concept, I've been practicing using it while fighting CPUs just so I can try and nail the timing of the cancel down after hitting. I've maybe done it right once or twice but usually I end up totally fumbling and holding it too long and shielding hahaha. I followed the guide from that Smash Academy youtube channel that stopped doing things.

I'm also trying to get used to using the c-stick again; It's not that I never used it, it's just that it's been a ridiculously long time since I've played Smash before now. I think I'm getting blocked up by worrying about how much my hands are moving instead of just doing it. Thinking too hard about it, I mean.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Thanks! Actually, after the first few minutes of practicing L canceling on nothing just to understand the concept, I've been practicing using it while fighting CPUs just so I can try and nail the timing of the cancel down after hitting. I've maybe done it right once or twice but usually I end up totally fumbling and holding it too long and shielding hahaha. I followed the guide from that Smash Academy youtube channel that stopped doing things.

I'm also trying to get used to using the c-stick again; It's not that I never used it, it's just that it's been a ridiculously long time since I've played Smash before now. I think I'm getting blocked up by worrying about how much my hands are moving instead of just doing it. Thinking too hard about it, I mean.
I think I just learned how to L-cancel by spamming L until just before I hit the ground. Worked for me. Eventually, I just chilled and started doing it 3 times, then 2 times, and then 1 time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think I just learned how to L-cancel by spamming L until just before I hit the ground. Worked for me. Eventually, I just chilled and started doing it 3 times, then 2 times, and then 1 time.
I've certainly learned things that way. I've done it right a few times but when I do never do anything with it haha I'm just like "yay i did it oh wait i forgot to do something afterwards" every time

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I've certainly learned things that way. I've done it right a few times but when I do never do anything with it haha I'm just like "yay i did it oh wait i forgot to do something afterwards" every time
Yeah you'll *know* you've done it because in PM, the character will flash white after an L-cancel.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
People who think Mr. Game and Watch shouldn't be able to jump out of up b

G&W Mains

PM Devs

Last edited:
Top Bottom