• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Fortress

Smash Master
Also my birthday is incorrect. I guess I put it in incorrectly five years ago? I was born on the seventh, not the eleventh...

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Been a looooong time since I posted here, haven't play the game recently at all either. It's hard for me to make it out to tournaments anymore.

Is there an online scene for this? I have a decent computer now so I could probably play some matches online if there's even a way to do that

Is the scene still going strong? Last tournament I think I attended was Zenith in 2014 lol

Fortress

Smash Master
Been a looooong time since I posted here, haven't play the game recently at all either. It's hard for me to make it out to tournaments anymore.

Is there an online scene for this? I have a decent computer now so I could probably play some matches online if there's even a way to do that

Is the scene still going strong? Last tournament I think I attended was Zenith in 2014 lol
There are still very active, dedicated scenes for it. WA has the closest stuff to me, personally. And, yes, you can find online play through Anther's Ladder among other places (I believe there's also a PM Discord).

Last edited:

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Stay tuned for the Project M documentary, I suppose.

I think last year was more lively than this year has been, but I could really be wrong. Nevertheless, it's not dead yet.

A lot of Discord groups released combo videos, including the Link players. Check that out for some progress.

Player -0

Smash Hero
new theme is mega weird.

Haven't touched much but some new stuff doesn't seem like it uses space very well? There's just like blank space or something. Then there aren't tabs? Something something I hate change or something

_Chrome

Smash Ace

Scene's pretty damn strong right now, from what I can tell. Not many new players join, but people that pick up and play PM generally stick around, more so than people who pickup and play the other smash games.

We don't attract as many newcomers, but the ones that do join are generally more committed, besides the odd Melee player that joins just for fun or quick money.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
new theme is mega weird.

Haven't touched much but some new stuff doesn't seem like it uses space very well? There's just like blank space or something. Then there aren't tabs? Something something I hate change or something
What do you mean that there aren't tabs?

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean that there aren't tabs?
I don't know what the tabs thing is about, but a glitch I've noticed is that I can't select text and recolor it anymore---nor any text manipulation for that matter. The popup box deselects what I had selected.
plz fix

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I'll give the new game a shot just for the new characters tbh (esp. the big one, in case someone hasn't seen yet somehow)
Gameplay footage as of now also seems decently paced too

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Scene's pretty damn strong right now, from what I can tell. Not many new players join, but people that pick up and play PM generally stick around, more so than people who pickup and play the other smash games.

We don't attract as many newcomers, but the ones that do join are generally more committed, besides the odd Melee player that joins just for fun or quick money.
Word, I used to go to smashing grounds all the time, but I think they're even further up north in MA now, I can't find them on these board either so idk. I wish there was a scene closer to me, I used to have to drive almost 2 hours just to get to a weekly.

I was also looking more into the netplay for PM, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it seems like there's a decent amount of lag, as in input delay and/or processing to the screen. Some people can adapt but I'm terrible at adapting to lag, although it's better than nothing so I'll probably still give it a shot.

On the new smash, I thought there was wavedashing but some people have reported you can't, to be honest it just looks like a suped up Brawl+, which isn't bad, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of combo variety either. And they took away Link's classic look, not cool man lol.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
its gonna be a joy to do 8 p smash again tho, esp with all those characters
in practice that beats having melee 2

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Word, I used to go to smashing grounds all the time, but I think they're even further up north in MA now, I can't find them on these board either so idk. I wish there was a scene closer to me, I used to have to drive almost 2 hours just to get to a weekly.

I was also looking more into the netplay for PM, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it seems like there's a decent amount of lag, as in input delay and/or processing to the screen. Some people can adapt but I'm terrible at adapting to lag, although it's better than nothing so I'll probably still give it a shot.

On the new smash, I thought there was wavedashing but some people have reported you can't, to be honest it just looks like a suped up Brawl+, which isn't bad, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of combo variety either. And they took away Link's classic look, not cool man lol.
Are you not in the Smashing Grounds Facebook group? That would be the place to find anything local

As for netplay, if you've got a good monitor and good internet, and play with people not too far away, the lag should be fine

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
New game hype
Can't wait to ignore it and keep playing PM
Big Mood.

Also the characters that people are hype about returning are probably way better in previous smash titles (Wolf, Snake, ICs) so SSBU seems a bit redundant to me. ICs also seem to have been extremely nerfed, no handoffs and nana can't do **** when popo grabs, RIP.

Maybe if Ridley is good I might give it a shot, but otherwise meh.

Long live PM~

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Ridley in Smash is like a dream come true, but the gameplay just... looks too much like SmUsh.

Here's to hoping the devs take the feedback people have been giving them seriously, or a mod team picks up the slack at some point.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that's making me hesitant is seeing Bayo still up to her usual crap, but Sakurai saw it so RIP Bayo lul

The physics in general look different enough for me, though I'm.. unsure how to feel about the new knockback system, I'd have to play it to see what it does and doesn't allow

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Are you not in the Smashing Grounds Facebook group? That would be the place to find anything local

As for netplay, if you've got a good monitor and good internet, and play with people not too far away, the lag should be fine
I shut down my facebook because it's too distracting lol, guess I have to make another again

Yea I'm going to look into that, I want to see if I can get one of those old CRT monitors so there's as little lag as possible

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
it's so difficult to judge how far someone's gonna go based off their launch velocity in the new smash

Bazkip

Smash Master
I shut down my facebook because it's too distracting lol, guess I have to make another again

Yea I'm going to look into that, I want to see if I can get one of those old CRT monitors so there's as little lag as possible
Monitors have come a long way, if you get a decent gaming monitor it'll pretty much the same

_Chrome

Smash Ace
:bluejump:
Did you know? Meta Knight's down-tilt is a useful move. While it can't pseudo-crawl as effectively as in Brawl, it is still a good spacing and poking tool in neutral, and the inner hitbox even pops foes out! Try it out!! :b:
:bluejump:

Top Bottom