• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
it's okay to be shy, but typing the stuttering out isn't necessary. don't take that harshly. welcome to PMS.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
We are all PM damaged anime girls

Also I got a week of PTO soon, maybe I'll create ANOTHER video

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What I want to know is how you got the name "Michele"

Like how was that not taken already.

Edit - Dang my pikachu gif in sig. Ripp
Maybe it's r-really my fate. That name, you see there, is actually my first real name. In the past, I used to call myself 'Antonio', but I stopped using that name after I decided that I should stop impersonating another name by hiding my real name.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i don't hide my name. i'd say i know the names of maybe 50% of the people i've met through PMS. even yours since you blocked me on facebook years ago you cuck.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
man I thought max thunder's forum gimmick was stupid, but this takes the cake

or it's a clever troll, never can tell with this ****

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
yo whatever happened to that guy that bought all the rosalina amiibos and put them in his ass

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Been playing some Pokemon Prism lately. I'm only 4 gyms in so far and it has made me realize some things about the franchise I hadn't before, only playing the main games. Though I only played gen 3-4 as a kid and 2-5 once I learned how they worked. Prism is a romhack of 2nd gen pokemon, with 7th gen mechanics and 2 new types in gas and sound afaik, just to be clear.

I always thought the games were a tad too easy. My most precious memories of playing come from the super tight battles. When I learned how the games worked they tended to get too easy and became bit of a stomps once I got my party together. But the way they've increased the difficulty, increasing enemy levels and making their AI use their best moves more, has been in not that good a balance with the rest. I still enjoy that the enemies actually feel like a challenge, but I'm not a fan of grinding. And now it requires that. It hasn't increased the amount of trainer fights and gives you more "endgame viable" pokemon early on, which leads to the party levels either being too low or too specialized. And the starter is a Larvitar, which has a really steep exp curve and feels like its always lagging behind the rest and has so many weaknesses that even as a pupitar it's really frail since the AI actually knows how to fight. And you can't even ditch it if you wanted to, because the game has areas it enters alone, like Dexter/Clank from the Jak and Ratchet games.
It also has some very long dungeon sequences with high random battle rate and lots of running around pushing switches. And that paired with the harder fights and unchanged healing spot frequency mean you have to run around a lot, often through the same now dull puzzle you just solved, because the fight after killed 3 of your team members and you had to go heal.
Also it hasn't gotten rid of HMs or their need. Maybe it's just the spot I'm at, but having to waste so many slots to the cuts, rock smashes etc. irks me in a more difficult environment where every move slot counts.
So it has minor flaws, but when those result in a lot of what feels like wasted time, especially in a game I'm not even sure is complete, it makes me worry about wasting time even harder than usually.
But it has some really good stuff in it too that makes me want to play it. The pokemon adoption system especially seems genius, though I haven't delved into it yet. Basically you can give pokemon up for adoption (=release them), which gives you points you can use for adopting rare species. Encourages actually catching them all and giving up party members that have gotten redundant, since they give more points the better trained they are.
The story also feels like a pretty nice mid way point to the zaniness, murkiness and randomness of the first 2 gens and the more fleshed out and light hearted stuff of the later gens. Though not perfect by any means, it manages to be interesting enough you care at least some when it's time for plot, and quick enough that you don't get fed up with it.
The new stuff in it manages to make me feel a bit of that same wonder and curiosity that these games caused in me as a kid, and that's mostly a good thing. So far I really feel like anyone that's ever enjoyed pokemon should play it and see what ideas it awakes in them.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
hey guys inactive weeb trash here coming at you with a hot take

i didn't like maidragon

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
All I know about maidragon is that it has both shotacon and lolicon bait and that's enough for me to not watch it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
People like Dragon Maid because it's about a positive lesbian relationship at its forefront, but other than that it panders so much.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
People like Dragon Maid because it's about a positive lesbian relationship at its forefront, but other than that it panders so much.
pandering is an understatement

i get that there's good to it but there was similar good to k-on! and oreimo >_>

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Question: Will Project M look better on my HDTV if I get one of those Wii2HDMI adapters? I've got a Sharp 1080p set now and I'm using component cables but I'd like to also play PM at my friend's house and his set doesn't have component inputs.

Bleck

Smash Master
it will look exactly the same with the added bonus of probably having significantly more input lag

Sempai

Smash Ace
If anyone is looking to argue with people about broken Diddy is, or just for people to play, I have an active Smash Discord with several rooms for PM and Melee netplayers.

https://discord.gg/aQCwEDP

PM net play tournaments incoming, worth a look if you want to get some training in. This games too good to let die.
Also, sup DrinkingFood, its been awhile.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
it will look exactly the same with the added bonus of probably having significantly more input lag
The Wii2HDMI adapters I ordered arrived a couple days ago.

Played some Project M 3.6 on my HDTV while using the adapter and didn't notice any additional input lag. Granted, when they say "1080p" on them that's complete nonesense but otherwise I'm glad I got them.

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the Project M documentary that MisprintMedia is working on!

Bazkip

Smash Master
The Wii2HDMI adapters I ordered arrived a couple days ago.

Played some Project M 3.6 on my HDTV while using the adapter and didn't notice any additional input lag. Granted, when they say "1080p" on them that's complete nonesense but otherwise I'm glad I got them.

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the Project M documentary that MisprintMedia is working on!
You should use the Sewell adapter instead, as it's one of the few that's been tested to be lagless. Any other brand is liable to be laggy.

I guess if you personally didn't notice the lag then it doesn't really matter...but they probably are laggy.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
You should use the Sewell adapter instead, as it's one of the few that's been tested to be lagless. Any other brand is liable to be laggy.

I guess if you personally didn't notice the lag then it doesn't really matter...but they probably are laggy.
Thanks for the tip! If I ever order any more Wii HDMI adapters I'll give the Sewell unit a try.

Yeah, the no-name Wii2HDMI's that I have now are good enough for me since I only play Project M with friends for fun.

By the way, got a suggestion for a quality third-party Wii-mote that costs less than the official Nintendo ones?

Last edited:
Top Bottom