• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
No worries, it's only three more days. Wait patiently like a proper young lady, and support the Fire Emblem game that very may well actually need it. After all, this is the first Fire Emblem related game since "New Mystery of the Emblem" that won't have Tharja to sell people on it. I'm sure it must be very scary for them!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Its just that I got to hold the case and everything. But then it geys scanned and a medsage pops saying unable to sell. So close.

Its funny though, I still have yet to finish Fates, amy of the paths, and its theonly FE of the ones I own that I haven't completed. Idk why either, cause its not like I wasn't enjoying it, I def was, I just kinda stopped playing it. But that's a bad habbit I've been picking up recently and I need to stop.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap it's already uploaded. I guess I'll download it to try it out, I honestly forgot it was coming out. I'm excited to see how you get to navigate the dungeons in 3rd person

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm waiting on Echoes to see if it being a remake means that they toned down the ****in' waifu bull****

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile as the pleb I am I await news of FE Warriors

Though I don't have the switch so I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have the Switch but I'm more antsy about the mainline FE game tge Switch is getting.

I'm hoping its gonna be more in line with the other console FEs in terms of gameplay.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I just like warriors style games (actually never played DW itself lul) and obviously FE.

I'm liking this trend of warriors games and wondering if there's other series with Warrior games in the works. Like Pokémon or something

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
oh lord
i was not aware of any of that

that's seems... rough

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I don't have ten ****ing minutes to watch this guy tell me what the problem with the dlc is

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't have ten ****ing minutes to watch this guy tell me what the problem with the dlc is
TL;DW

22 items of DLC in total separated into packs for a total of 5 packs. The first 2 packs contain only like 1 dungeon and 2 maps, the second pack is more expensive then the first pack despite containing the same amount of content and only being more difficult (8$ and 10$ respectively). The third pack is 15$ and says 10 pieces of content that include new classes for the game. Fourth pack is a prologue pack that actually includes new story priced at 13$. Fifth is unkown but says two pieces of content priced at 6$. The season pass for everything costs 45$, the main games costs 40$ for perspective, while buying each piece would cost 52$ and Nintendo goes on to say the season pass is a 30% save overall from buying each piece separate but its actually only 13.5%.

That's the basic gist of what the video covers.

To put it into perspective Awakening's total DLC cost, assuming buying in map packs) is $54.57, the main game buying download is 40$ and cartridge is like 50$ new (we'll assume the cheaper one), meaning the total difference in prices is $14.57 but you also get more content from it in terms of story stuff/dialouge stuff/maps but still trash tier.

Fates handled it decently well at least. Getting all 3 games costs 80 bucks as after you buy the full price of one game the other 2 are half priced and each path has the content of its own game making it much better bang for buck and the other DLC is like 27$ total.

Overall assuming you buy everything Fates ends up costing the most but you get more content out of your money as well, like way more, meaning I find it to be the overall better deal out of the 3 content to money ratio wise.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
There are people to whom an $85 game is the same as a $40 game and this is whom they're targeting.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
There are people to whom an $85 game is the same as a $40 game and this is whom they're targeting.
That's not the issue tho. The issue is It's a $40 game with a $45 tiny fraction of a game that was probably made in a week

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I cannot for the life understand why people are up in arms over the dlc. The only pack of actual consequence is the one with the character stories that take place just before the start of the game's story and even then I feel adding to the game at base would lead to an FE12 issue of bogging the game down with long early game stuff before the game can build momentum and for a slow game like a gaiden remake, that's not good (besides, the characters already have a fair amount of characterization in the main game anyway). If you don't want the dlc, then don't buy it. It's just there to inhance gameplay should you need to grind or smash skulls with over the top classes and even then just take what you need (I'm just getting the spartan map and blonde characters' story)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Its really not that hard to fathom. I don't really care that the overal content count for the DLC is low, thats not the issue. The issue is the low amount of content being over priced.

Its not a case of not wanting, if you actually read my or others posts you would understand this, but rather a case of not finding the DLC worth the price they list it as.

I love FE and would love to show my support further by buying the DLC but not if they're being obviously money grabbing about.

There's really no way to defend the DLC layout of Echoes lmao.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
today i am posting for no reason~♪
someday i'll disappear for no reason~♫

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I just beat Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and oh my god is that game a chore compared to the sequels

Top Bottom