• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
THIS. IS. THE. GREATEST

"I'm Knuckles...and you are too. No. He's the two of us together."-Big Non-chuckling Knuckles
& Knuckles

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, my least favorite part about the April Fool's thing

Having to set my background back to PM style

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
new rick and morty ep just aired and it's absolutely incredible. they're playing the same episode over and over until midnight on adult swim
It was a great episode but it replaced Samurai Jack's timeslot and I will never forgive this.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
It was a great episode but it replaced Samurai Jack's timeslot and I will never forgive this.
*Expecting them to actually air an episode of Samurai Jack on april fools day*
Bruh, you should have gotten the hard read easy.

Edit: Also, good news. My home is just about rebuilt, up to code and all, and I'll be moving me and my new little personal library back in 2 weeks from now.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i've been on this website for 3 years and i still don't feel like i've learned anything about mech except that he likes robot anime.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
God, I ****ing love Jojo. I'm enjoying the hell out of part 3 right now. <3

I hope Part 4 is also good when I get to that.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Does anybody know how to find the release points of throws on an X/Y axis? I am finagling with my knockback calculator/emulator and without them throw data would be wayyyy off.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anybody know how to find the release points of throws on an X/Y axis? I am finagling with my knockback calculator/emulator and without them throw data would be wayyyy off.
check the Thrown animation in Brawlbox on the release frame. each character has a unique offset tho

Fortress

Smash Master
God, I ****ing love Jojo. I'm enjoying the hell out of part 3 right now. <3

I hope Part 4 is also good when I get to that.
Hands-down my favorite. Trying to read Part 5 at the moment. 1's neat, Araki really hits his stride in 2, Stardust Crusaders is my favorite (but a lot of folks consider it the weaker part of the series, maybe because of the length), and 4 is pretty groovy.

The only good thing about the Stardust Crusaders OVA is the final fight between Jotaro and DIO. Personally I think that the way they present The World's ability is waaaaay spookier. I even prefer the English version. DIO's voice actor is just incredible in that. Check it out if you get a chance.

You're also not through with Part 3, so, spoilers of course.

Also Joseph is best JoJo. Johnny's pretty neat in a tragic sort of way.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
check the Thrown animation in Brawlbox on the release frame. each character has a unique offset tho
Ok, so on that frame it will have a coordinate, and then each character has an offset stored somewhere?

So it should be (release point +/- offset)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ok, so on that frame it will have a coordinate, and then each character has an offset stored somewhere?

So it should be (release point +/- offset)
Ya. Each throw has an x/y position, and then each character has a y-offset. I don't have that information anymore though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ya. Each throw has an x/y position, and then each character has a y-offset. I don't have that information anymore though.
Welp, turns out Mewtwo's .pac cannot be read in BBox as a moveset file... anybody else run into this?

Edit:
I can still see the offset by comparing the animation and the data in PSA, but it is still sort of a pain heh.

For detailed reference on how to figure this out for others:

Throw animations appear to attach characters to the bone "ThrowN", which in turn is attached to the bone "XRotN". In PSA/BrawlBox, the frame that has the following line (or similar) is the frame that the foe is actually thrown/released:

[ Throw Applier: 0-0, 0-46, 5-20000002, 5-20000003, 5-20000004,]

In Mewtwo's case, this is frame 42 of the animation. So, by going into BBox and seeing the coordinates of these two bones mentioned at this frame, we have the following data:

XRotN: X = 0 | Y = 8.459 | Z = 0
ThrowN: X = 0 | Y = 14.84731 | Z = 1.741

Something to remember is that ThrowN is attached to XRotN. So if set to all 0's, ThrowN is at XRotN's relative position. Adding XrotN's Y value to ThrowN's, we get a height of 23.30631 (units). For visual reference of what that height is, a Battlefield Platform (low) is 27.25 units off the ground.

Something to take note of however, is that under the Attributes of Mewtwo, his model is scaled by a factor of 1.3x in-game. SO with that in mind, we multiply the prior result by that factor to get a height of 30.298203, which I think matches what we see in game based on the Battlefield platform height and the exact frame shown here as Captain Falcon is thrown:

Mapping the approximate coordinate (30.30 rounded up) into my simulator, and I think it matches up rather well:

The only question now is, do we know what the Thrown Character's offset might be in this situation?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Welp, turns out Mewtwo's .pac cannot be read in BBox as a moveset file... anybody else run into this?

Edit:
I can still see the offset by comparing the animation and the data in PSA, but it is still sort of a pain heh.

Throw animations appear to attach characters to the bone "ThrowN", which in turn is attached to the bone "XRotN". In PSA/BrawlBox, the frame that has the following line (or similar) is the frame that the foe is actually thrown/released:

In Mewtwo's case, this is frame 42 of the animation. So, by going into BBox and seeing the coordinates of these two bones mentioned at this frame, we have the following data:

Something to remember is that ThrowN is attached to XRotN. So if set to all 0's, ThrowN is at XRotN's relative position. Adding XrotN's Y value to ThrowN's, we get a height of 23.30631 (units). For visual reference of what that height is, a Battlefield Platform (low) is 27.25 units off the ground.

Something to take note of however, is that under the Attributes of Mewtwo, his model is scaled by a factor of 1.3x in-game. SO with that in mind, we multiply the prior result by that factor to get a height of 30.298203, which I think matches what we see in game based on the Battlefield platform height and the exact frame shown here as Captain Falcon is thrown:

Mapping the approximate coordinate (30.30 rounded up) into my simulator, and I think it matches up rather well:

The only question now is, do we know what the Thrown Character's offset might be in this situation?
****ing nerd

Bazkip

Smash Master

Edit:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Can someone help explain this joke?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Jared Fogle is a pedophile and that dril tweet is (presumably) a satire of the kinds of people who unironically come to the defense of people like him.

Top Bottom