• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I have no attachment to nintendo IPs

I just think those characters looked like typical fantasy RPG enemies and not at all interesting
I just threw them out there in case PMDev Team ever decides to make a game with unique characters. I'd gladly contribute my talents towards the effort.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Totally forgot as well lol.

Here's some memories:

NWRL

Smash Ace
After realizing that SFV is awful and Capcom has no desire to fix the game, I'm learning Guilty Gear / Tekken and shaking off the rust in PM

Is Samus considered good at all or should I just stick to Ike

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i think the last big PMBR tier list (which was like a year ago, so probs a little outdated) listed them both in B tier? they're solid but not top tier.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the day everyone became hylian was the greatest day on smashboards for me ever.

btw, does anyone know where I can find the BTT records for every character?

bboss

Smash Journeyman
After realizing that SFV is awful and Capcom has no desire to fix the game, I'm learning Guilty Gear / Tekken and shaking off the rust in PM

Is Samus considered good at all or should I just stick to Ike
ikeonsider her pretty bad. Play ike. (sorry for that really bad pun)

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Zankyou no Terror started strong but became a disappointment pretty quickly. I still finished it because I had a feeling they'd made it by coming up with a good beginning and ending and then making up the middle parts but no. Its greatest shortcoming was lack of interesting character interaction and flimsy motives. And the story went to **** too. It kind of amazes me how well they were setting up twist-ish things in the beginning and completely threw them out the window. I guess they got too hung up on making things happen to realize they weren't actually making the viewer actually care about what was happening? At least it was audiovisually pleasing.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Zankyou no terror, like almost all anime, was not written to be appreciated as actual art. It was written to be consumed by adolescents and people who haven't grown up culturally to feed on the cheap thrills and whatever tropes they're into.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Still thinking of what kind of video to make for PMDepot.. after a year
r u alive james

Zankyou no terror, like almost all anime, was not written to be appreciated as actual art. It was written to be consumed by adolescents and people who haven't grown up culturally to feed on the cheap thrills and whatever tropes they're into.
translation: yer fave anime is ****

Player -0

Smash Hero
does anybody play guitar?

I like to play with the side of my thumb but strumming up is a pain because like, the strings "dig" into the not padded part. Does anybody do it a cool way?

I might be able to use the third knuckle on my pointer finger but I feel like it catches too much. If I swipe my pointer finger I have to have my whole hand more back and rotate it rather than just raise/lower. Also my nail catches which makes sound awkward

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Bleh. Caught a really bad fever thanks to inflamed tonsils a couple days ago, but I'm feeling better(sh). More importantly, only 4hrs till Samurai Jack season 5 premiers on the Adult swim stream!

Edit: Just saw the episode. They weren't lying when they said Jack felt lost.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i haven't really touched my guitar in like a year but why would you ever strum with your knuckles. that sounds borderline ********. either practice with a plectrum, learn to use your fingertips and develop some calluses, or grow out the fingernails of your strumming hand and learn to play with those.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bleh. Caught a really bad fever thanks to inflamed tonsils a couple days ago, but I'm feeling better(sh). More importantly, only 4hrs till Samurai Jack season 5 premiers on the Adult swim stream!

Edit: Just saw the episode. They weren't lying when they said Jack felt lost.
the premiere was sickk. really liked the robot Jack fought in the ep. excited for more!

Bleck

Smash Master

I like to play with the side of my thumb but strumming up is a pain because like, the strings "dig" into the not padded part. Does anybody do it a cool way?

I might be able to use the third knuckle on my pointer finger but I feel like it catches too much. If I swipe my pointer finger I have to have my whole hand more back and rotate it rather than just raise/lower. Also my nail catches which makes sound awkward
play with a ****ing pick you reprobate

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I already have calluses. What I meant was like if you're holding a pick. With that third knuckle. Would be fine if it didn't catch lol.

I don't think my nails will ever be that stronk and it's weird.

and the point is that I don't have to hold onto a pick and it's dumb and stuff.

also I need to figure out fingerstyle sometime but I need to get good first.

Barre is dum

bboss

Smash Journeyman

I used to play more than I do now but I used a pick. I got calluses on and off because I would go through periods of not playing for like a month and then I would play it for a couple of hours a day for a week so my fingers were just killing me
Use a pick to upstrum

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'd be up for pm if Norcal wasn't so succ at upkeep on a regular tournament schedule. That applies to games in general up here. The most consistency you're gonna get for anything is in Sacramento, and at worst you're going to find yourself down at UC Berkeley. Also, Japanese is a hell of a language.
How does one memorize hiragana, how does one motivate oneself to memorize hiragana alone?
How do?

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I wonder what the #PMDT would have done with the Melee characters/top tiers if they were to "PM-ify" them like they did with the brawl cast...

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I wonder what the #PMDT would have done with the Melee characters/top tiers if they were to "PM-ify" them like they did with the brawl cast...
I have no idea, but no matter what happened it would be considered jank. :^)

Japanese is a hell of a language.
How does one memorize hiragana, how does one motivate oneself to memorize hiragana alone?
How do?
I don't remember what motivated me but after a while it just gets engraved in your brain, language is a strange thing.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'd be up for pm if Norcal wasn't so succ at upkeep on a regular tournament schedule. That applies to games in general up here. The most consistency you're gonna get for anything is in Sacramento, and at worst you're going to find yourself down at UC Berkeley. Also, Japanese is a hell of a language.
How do?
practice writing it a lot. Easiest way. Once you feel like you get the letters down start memorizing basic hiragana words.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
How do?
Lol hiragana is hella easier than remembering the thousands of phonemes in the english language. Surely you can motivate yourself to memorize 46 characters.

Top Bottom