• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's really not as bad as people think it is. In fact, it's not bad at all.

It's, in my opinion, the optimal way to enjoy cereal when you're not pressed for time. You pour the milk in first, then some cereal, not enough to fill the bowl, just enough to create a layer of cereal. Then you dig in, and pour more cereal when that layer is done. It keeps everything nice and crunchy. Unlike when you pour cereal first, where only the top layer is crunchy and everything below becomes soggy and mushy.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
smh, i can see the world is simply not ready for advanced cereal tech

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
Cereal as a whole is suboptimal because it's a hassle to eat due to an unnecessarily complex milk-to-cereal ratio sogginess factor, quite expensive for how little nutritional value and hunger sustenance you actually get out of it, and for the most part doesn't taste that good if it's supposed to be any kind of healthy. Also, I recently discovered that while it is possible to eat milk + cereal out of a wax paper bag, it's somehow even more of a hassle than bowl cereal and is not recommended except when used as a last resort.

On a similar note, I tend to put my ketchup on my plate instead of on my burger. The reasoning being that if you put ketchup on your actual burger, it limits the ways in which you can eat it, because suddenly you're on the clock. If you take your time with it, it will grow soggy and make you sad. Whereas plate ketchup offers you the chance to dip your burger at your leisure, allowing more options to pace your meal. Milk and cereal have yet to provide a similar alternative, but when they do I'll probably enjoy it a lot more.

EDIT: also you're all a bunch of nerds

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Cereal as a whole is suboptimal because it's a hassle to eat due to an unnecessarily complex milk-to-cereal ratio sogginess factor, quite expensive for how little nutritional value and hunger sustenance you actually get out of it, and for the most part doesn't taste that good if it's supposed to be any kind of healthy. Also, I recently discovered that while it is possible to eat milk + cereal out of a wax paper bag, it's somehow even more of a hassle than bowl cereal and is not recommended except when used as a last resort.

On a similar note, I tend to put my ketchup on my plate instead of on my burger. The reasoning being that if you put ketchup on your actual burger, it limits the ways in which you can eat it, because suddenly you're on the clock. If you take your time with it, it will grow soggy and make you sad. Whereas plate ketchup offers you the chance to dip your burger at your leisure, allowing more options to pace your meal. Milk and cereal have yet to provide a similar alternative, but when they do I'll probably enjoy it a lot more.

EDIT: also you're all a bunch of nerds

This plate ketchup plan you have is profound. I think you've just revolutionized the way we should consume burgers.

Sometimes, I'll want ketchup in my bite, other times I don't. By dipping I can have the best of both worlds. And why stop at ketchup? Perhaps we could even extend such an option to mayo and lettuce and other toppings allowing the consumer to build their burger the way they want as they eat.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776

This plate ketchup plan you have is profound. I think you've just revolutionized the way we should consume burgers.

Sometimes, I'll want ketchup in my bite, other times I don't. By dipping I can have the best of both worlds. And why stop at ketchup? Perhaps we could even extend such an option to mayo and lettuce and other toppings allowing the consumer to build their burger the way they want as they eat.
The enlightenment of our very age is at hand.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
now this is my kinda conversation!

cereal first, then milk. a little bit soggy is not bad as it means you get to enjoy the entire gradient of hard > soft as the cereal sits. if you aren't strained for time, the optimal strategy isn't to waste time doing this inane milk first thing, it's to eat your bowl quickly and then have a second or third bowl of cereal. quantity is the name of the game, just like cake and pizza.

always remember the unhealthy food hierarchy:
the best kind is a lot
the second best kind is free
the third best kind is at someone else's expense

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So I got Japanese 1 in my class schedule this semester at the community college out here....
What the hell is this weeb ****?

Edit: Also, I've been on this site for almost 4 years now. If I had a quarter for every example of conversation derailing I have witnessed, I could have retired at 17.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
And evo 2017 game lineup was announced and the list is SFV, BBCF, GG XRD Rev 2, Injustice 2, Smash 4, Melee, Tekken 7, KoF14 and a 9th game being voted in via charity under a 2 week donation goal and as a Sunday game with a pot bonus of 10k so yeah. Here's the list of said games.

ARMS
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat XL
Nidhogg
Pokken Tournament
Skullgirls
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Windjammers

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
And evo 2017 game lineup was announced and the list is SFV, BBCF, GG XRD Rev 2, Injustice 2, Smash 4, Melee, Tekken 7, KoF14 and a 9th game being voted in via charity under a 2 week donation goal and as a Sunday game with a pot bonus of 10k so yeah. Here's the list of said games.

ARMS
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat XL
Nidhogg
Pokken Tournament
Skullgirls
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Windjammers
I'm torn between the underviewed glory of Skullgirls, or Windjammers out of spite for everything else that will probably be voted for instead.

Bleck

Smash Master
the only real choice is ARMS

in fact just take out Melee and replace it with ARMS so we can get Marvel, too

also lel at having BB and GG

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
the only real choice is ARMS

in fact just take out Melee and replace it with ARMS so we can get Marvel, too

also lel at having BB and GG
BB and GG are completely different games. It almost is the difference between Melee and Smash 4.

Also please don't actually vote for ARMS. I would vote for Skullgirls, but Marvel ultimately deserves it one last year.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just want SG or KI there tbh or Pokken. Arms is just meme hype **** atm and if it got in and people drop it after a month with no community i would be extra salt. On Top Of that you wanna show people a good show and representation of your game especially on day 3 and all.

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm gonna vote for arms because damn it I still believe in democracy

BB and GG are completely different games. It almost is the difference between Melee and Smash 4.
all I know about bb is

1) kokonoe vs kokonoe
2) everything in this game seems to be named by and/or marketed specifically towards 13 year old edgelord weebs
3) why would anyone play bb when you can play gg instead

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
all I know about bb is

1) kokonoe vs kokonoe
2) everything in this game seems to be named by and/or marketed specifically towards 13 year old edgelord weebs
3) why would anyone play bb when you can play gg instead
sorry but this is terribly ignorant. kokonoe was OP in a patch 3 years ago and the game has had a very healthy meta since, and also had LITERALLY THE MOST HYPE FINALS OF ANY GAME EVER AT EVO

the gameplay mechanics are similar in many ways, but also rather different in key ways that change how the neutral and punish games are played drastically. it's like the difference between SF and King of Fighters, both of which are at EVO. many players heavily prefer one over the other, and both are popular. there's no problem with both being there and I'm happy for the anime fighter scene.

Top Bottom